AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-30, 13:57   Link #21
ri0

Well, Kakuzu looks REALLY fucked to me...
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:13   Link #22
tatami
back in black

well a great chapter///
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:29   Link #23
kishinfoulux

its like an rpg now with the elemental weaknesses. kakashi casts bolt 3 on an earth element kakuzu. funny how kakashi suddenly saw it fit to mention it now when he dealt the blow to kakuzu.

regardless good chapter. hard to tell if kakuzu is really dead or not. i could see it going either way. one of them is definately gonna die, at the very least, by the end of this encounter.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:48   Link #24
maus

Hm, I guess Kazuku's body is actually made up out of these threads. Just take a look at page five and six, obviously he has loads more of that stuff.
maus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:50   Link #25
vietpimp

Ahh the battle is getting intense. I wanna see moving images dammit the anime is taking forever to come out.

This just means that naruto needs to come up with a water jutsu to counter the fire. Maybe mix water onto his hurricane rasengan or some shit like that.
vietpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:53   Link #26
Wong82

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietpimp View Post
Ahh the battle is getting intense. I wanna see moving images dammit the anime is taking forever to come out.

This just means that naruto needs to come up with a water jutsu to counter the fire. Maybe mix water onto his hurricane rasengan or some shit like that.
If something like that were to happen it would be really stupid. i mean kakashi and the 4th couldn't fuse one element with the rasengan and naruto can fuse 2 into it? that would be way too DBZish....
Wong82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:56   Link #27
maus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wong82 View Post
If something like that were to happen it would be really stupid. i mean kakashi and the 4th couldn't fuse one element with the rasengan and naruto can fuse 2 into it? that would be way too DBZish....
Just adding another kage bunshin should do the trick.
maus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 15:12   Link #28
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Loved this chapter. Shikamaru's long distance owningness just astonishes me. I think Hidan will die actually by one of the chakra knives. Just seems fitting that he killed Asuma and now Asuma's blades will aid Shikamaru in killing Hidan!

Narutos new jutsu.. Woah.. I wonder if it going to be long distance or short distance..
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 15:35   Link #29
ChibiAlpha
Dorkus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And the other thing is: How could Kakashi hide this long? Okay, he himself is good, but IIRC, the Raikiri is supposed to be a pretty loud jutsu, so it should be heard, before he can use it, even if he was able to speed up the start if it.
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps Hidan is just too loud, or Kakashi could have eventually learned to cut out the start-up and use it while he's running.
ChibiAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 15:51   Link #30
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Probably activated raikiri right before it touched kakuzu...
I can't wait till next week to see what happens ^^
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:00   Link #31
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Umm how is Raikiri different from Chidori? Is Chidori like honed to Sasuke? Cos I always thought Kakashi made the Chidori and taught it Sasuke..
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:03   Link #32
T1BillionX

Maybe Kakashi fine tuned his justu to skip the loudness part.
T1BillionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:07   Link #33
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Then Cool Kakshi and showing of one of the most important aspect of the Sharingan, Analyzed And counter/cancels a Jutsu effect.
i know, it apparently seems that Kakuzu didn't go to academy since he doesn't know that Earth was weak against electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
Umm how is Raikiri different from Chidori? Is Chidori like honed to Sasuke? Cos I always thought Kakashi made the Chidori and taught it Sasuke..
Chidori and Raikiri are the same thing, but just two different names.

for exampe (this could be a bad example) : Girl and gal

-----------------------------------------

i'll be very pist off if Kakuzu doesn't die, since Kakashi's hand went through his heart, especially with Raikiri, and i hope that Kakuzu isn't another immortal like Hidan. in most animations if one cannot be killed by striking the head, the heart is always the alternative, hence Inuyasha.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:12   Link #34
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
How could Kakashi hide this long? Okay, he himself is good, but IIRC, the Raikiri is supposed to be a pretty loud jutsu, so it should be heard, before he can use it, even if he was able to speed up the start if it.
It's an assassination technique in the first place isn't it? nothing blocks out sound like a big big tree. And he was occupied with others.

Quote:
The other thing is: Doesn't Kakashi's intervention mess with Shikamaru's plan? He explicitly said something about the order in which he will defeat those two, and thinking back to the chess board from the last time, he had to defeat Hidan first.
Well things might have to go a lil wrong, more chance of Shika dying.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:19   Link #35
viceroy

not sure it wasnt planned afterall it would seem kinda retarded for shika to come out and say" ok kakashi your turn to strike" seems a bit retarded. afterall i think the original intent or plan this whole time was to find out what all kakuzu was capable of doing. once they found out for sure that he hardens to steel and becomes immune to physical attacks that was kakashis queue to step in finally.

and regardless or not if kakuzu dies this chapter or next its proven that with hidan tied up its now ino chouji and now kakashi that they didnt know about all against kakuzu. and with kakuzu seriously injured like that even if he is alive somehow he will find it extremely hard to fight in a condition like that.
viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:30   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnin View Post
A side note. Itachi and Shark-face (forgot his name) The Uchiha fire element would lose to his water element then. Maybe they are more even than I first thought.
It's obviously only true when the two are of the same power, however Itachi's level is clearly above Kisame's. Itachi in fact has the ultimate fire jutsu, and that's enough to destroy any other element. Itachi's quality simply wins against Kisame's quantity.

In this chapter they talk explicitly about the ultimate wind and ultimate lightning jutsu , so it's seems clear that Sasuke's fire is weak compared to the ultimate wind. Naruto is now better than Sasuke on that particular field. Wind can help fire spreading, however a too strong wind will end the fire. The ultimate fire jutsu is clearly the amaterasu, there's no other ultimate fire move. We saw lots of fire moves until now (from Itachi, Sasuke, Jiraiya, Sandaime, Asuma, etc.) but they all failed, thus the fire move has a very bad reputation im my eyes, nobody could really use fire as an ultimate move, it was just a minor move in battles.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:36   Link #37
Menelmacar

A Few Notes

First: The Raikiri is an improved version of the Chidori.

Kakashi has finer chakra control and can form a more concentrated version of the attack than Sasuke can/could. If you watch the anime, Kakashi's is blue while Sasuke's is whitish.

Basically, they are same move but Kakashi's superior skill makes his S-Rank while Sasuke's Chidori is A-Rank

Second: I noticed a pattern in the element affinities of certain ninjas.

The element circle is five step: fire, wind, lightning, earth, water. (Ordered fire > wind and so forth)

This means that only two permutations of element usage are possible, two in a row or skipping over one in the sequence. There are approximately an equal number of both occuring, so far as I can tell:

Two in a row: Asuma(Fire, Wind); Yamato/First Hokage(Earth, Water)

Skipping one: Sasuke(Fire, Lightning); Haku(Wind, Water); Sarutobi(Fire, Earth)

There are more examples, but that is the idea. Skilled ninja should be protected from vulnerabilities to a single element by the use of second, but defensive techniques like stone skin will fall to lightning. Other than that I am not certain of the possible consequences, however I believed this relationship was important to note.
Menelmacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:42   Link #38
gibits
Endless

Knowledge is power, and no one proves it better than Shikamaru.

Even though Kakazu is impaled through the heart i'll bet he's still ok. He is kinda boring though, I mean I liked Greed in FMA, but Kakazu just doesn't do it for me. Even so Ino has yet to make her move, and I suspect her ability will be the great equalizer.

Choji is using hair as spikes? Did Jiraiya teach him that move? Either way I'm impressed I had Choji made to be a one trick pony.

Kakashi just cutting through everything, awesome.

About this whole element thing, it is the oxygen in the air that feeds the flames. A strong enough current will still put it out or blow it in another direction. In the kage filler fight 3rd blocked the water jutsu with a wal of stone, but the 2nd still cut through it with a high pressure stream of water. So strength still can overpower elemental weaknesses, and I can only hope Naruto sees this.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:56   Link #39
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnin View Post
A side note. Itachi and Shark-face (forgot his name) The Uchiha fire element would lose to his water element then. Maybe they are more even than I first thought.
Unfortunately for Sharky, Itachis trump card is not Katon based Jutsus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I'm a bit confused. I can understand, this Lightning is stronger than earth thing (it also worked in the Sasuke-Gaara fight), but isn't Raikiri supposed to cut through anything in the first place?
AS It is an Assassination technique, I guess it can Cut trough anything except Wind Based Element (and ill say specific Jutsu and not all of them).

I also can gather that Kakuuzu Jutsu is so hard that it can’t be pierced by Normal means (sort of ;timatre defense), So only and specifically a Chidory should be able to do it..that’s a Maybe.

As I once said this Kakuuzu uses the same Skin Changing feature as Greed from Full metal Alchimist. (seems gibits-san is thinking the same as me

Quote:
And the other thing is: How could Kakashi hide this long? Okay, he himself is good, but IIRC, the Raikiri is supposed to be a pretty loud jutsu, so it should be heard, before he can use it, even if he was able to speed up the start if it.
Good question, Kakuuzu did got to hear Kakashi it seems, in the last panel of page 15 Kakuuzu became aware of Kakshi, but he could not do anything as he said after that about the speed of Kakashi.

Quote:
The other thing is: Doesn't Kakashi's intervention mess with Shikamaru's plan? He explicitly said something about the order in which he will defeat those two, and thinking back to the chess board from the last time, he had to defeat Hidan first.
Nope and Nope, First what is happening now is not part of the plan it seems, given Shikamaru plan did not had in mind all of Kakuuzu abilities, so what Kakashis did was a improvise inside the plan which fall on your second in correction, Shikamarus plan was alwayss to Get rid of Kakuuzu first, hence why he said:

“I wont screw the order up this time” This could be referring to Shikamaru thinking that the problem was that the first time around they tried to take care of Hidan first and then Kakuuzu, but the new plan implies that with Kauuzu gone, there is nobody that can help Hidan get his body parts back together if they are cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiAlpha View Post
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps Hidan is just too loud, or Kakashi could have eventually learned to cut out the start-up and use it while he's running.
I highly doubt it was either both of this reason, these shinoby would be able to tell the slightest change of sound even amongst other sound in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin56 View Post
Probably activated raikiri right before it touched kakuzu...
I can't wait till next week to see what happens ^^
I don’t think so, Raikiri needs the speed of the trust to have the piercing power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
Raikiri and Chidory are the same, but in terms of Ranking, raikiri is S-Rank whereas chidory is A-ranked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1BillionX View Post
Maybe Kakashi fine tuned his justu to skip the loudness part.
Doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Well things might have to go a lil wrong, more chance of Shika dying.
This however would not mean this was part of Shika original plan that was a mirror of the Strategy in the Chess board.
Old 2006-11-30, 16:57   Link #40
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

It is interesting that this implication of elements was already in before it was stated in this chapter. If you go back to the Hokage fight, one blocks fire with water, and he blocks his water with earth.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote