Notices

Old 2007-01-15, 20:04   Link #1201
NeoSam

センコロール
Cencoroll

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
First Anime Innovation Tokyo Project Trailer Released
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anime Innovation Tokyo is an investment inniative designed to promote and sponsor innovate Japanese animation works by independant animators or small studios. A streaming trailer for Atsuya Uki's pilot anime film "Cencoroll," the first anime project selected to be sponsored by the Anime Innovation Tokyo group, is now available on Anime Goo.

Source: Rakuga Kidou
Go down the page and click on Clip Start to watch the trailer.

Here's another link you can watch the same trailer from:
http://flagama.blog84.fc2.com/blog-entry-48.html

For some english info about Cencoroll here:
http://anime-innovation.jp/sys/works_en.php?itemid=30
Old 2007-01-15, 21:15   Link #1202
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Whoa! I'm intrigued. Seems like there is no word yet on when this pilot-film might be out. I also hope the background music is kept. My sound was way up, and I jumped up right as the clip started to play.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 05:24   Link #1203
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i thought it looked really good. i dfinitely want to see the whole thing.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 06:39   Link #1204
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Thanks NeoSam. Here's a bit more info on Cencoroll. The planner and creator is Atsuya Uki <--click 'Album' for some pretty artwork. The production for the promo is by Maruhama <-- check out their demo real for more clips. The blog of the project is here.

Thought this promo was awesome, I hope it gets a series, ova or movie. I'd also like to know who did the music; it turned my speakers inside out :P
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:48   Link #1205
NeoSam

And another anime got announced:

==========

Over Drive

Based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Weekly Shounen Magazine.
For now there are 9 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Mangaka: Yasuda Tsuyoshi

Site of the manga:
http://www.shonenmagazine.com/works/overdrive/

From Manganews:

Quote:
The story centers around a boy who aims to become the number one bicyclist in the world.
Genre: Shounen

==========

The anime announcement can be seen on the cover of volume 9 of the manga.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-01-16 at 12:12. Reason: Added covers :P and added some info :P
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 12:20   Link #1206
NeoSam

And here's more :P

==========

ヒロイック・エイジ
Heroic Age

Broadcast: Spring 2007

Character Design: Hirai Hisashi
Animation Production: XEBEC

==========
Old 2007-01-16, 18:21   Link #1207
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
----New Dr. Slump Film Planned

According to an announcement made in the February, 2007 issue of Shonen Jump, Akira Toriyama's manga Dr. Slump will be adapted to a new film. The issue went on sale on 1/6.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 18:44   Link #1208
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
The story centers around a boy who aims to become the number one bicyclist in the world.
Wow, they literally use the shounen template there o.o

I'm intrigued by this, though. I like it when weird topics, i.e. mahjong, go, bread baking are applied to the "shounen action" format.
Old 2007-01-16, 21:14   Link #1209
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
From Anime News Service:
Quote:
----New Dr. Slump Film Planned
Is this an animated movie ? or a live action movie ?

Hmm if this was an anime movie it would have been on MoonPhase's anime list by now >.< but its not there, so I guess this is a live action movie, right ?
Old 2007-01-17, 05:14   Link #1210
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Hayate no Gotoku Anime Footage Online
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A camcorder recording and screenshots of the 6 minute long promotional video for the upcoming Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler) anime television series are now available online. An alternate, short TV commercial recording is available from Japanese fan site Hayacale in AVI format.

Source: Rakuga Kidou
Old 2007-01-18, 01:56   Link #1211
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Jesus Film Goes Anime
---------------------------------------------------------
Originally distributed in 1979 by Warner Brothers in theaters nationwide, the two-hour "JESUS" film is not only the most widely-distributed, but also the most translated film in history---with more than 900 separate language translations and more than 6 billion exposures globally, topping Oscar greats Gone with the Wind, The Sound of Music, The Lion King, Titanic, and The Wizard of Oz. Now plans are on the table to adapt the story to anime. The JESUS Film's Chief of Staff Greg Gregiore says, "A number of different things that we're doing have to do with innovation, or with taking the assets of the JESUS Film that we have and repurposing those assets." "We're taking the audio tracks that we have translated and re-recorded over these past 26 years and putting new visuals to that. And, we're working on right now an Anime version of the JESUS Film." It'll be a bit different than the current film, says Gregiore. "We will reorder the events and make more of a story and a dramatic film out of it. But, we're still using God's word as recorded in the book of Luke, we're using the same dialogue loops that were used in the original JESUS Film." While the completion of the project is more than two years away, Gregoire says, "That visual with a new musical score, new sound effects and use of the same dialogue, so in effect when we complete the film we will be able to simultaneously release it in over 900 languages." Because it's already translated. Two short segments are going to be field tested soon. Pray that God will allow the new project to be completed quickly and on budget. www.jesusfilm.org
Old 2007-01-18, 05:55   Link #1212
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Is this an animated movie ? or a live action movie ?

Hmm if this was an anime movie it would have been on MoonPhase's anime list by now >.< but its not there, so I guess this is a live action movie, right ?
Actually if it's a live action movie based off a previous anime or manga work, I believe MoonPhase lists it (with a 実写 stuck in somewhere)

And WTF? Jesus?
Old 2007-01-18, 09:47   Link #1213
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
And WTF? Jesus?
What's wrong with that? Haven't you seen religious anime before?
Old 2007-01-18, 10:04   Link #1214
cyth
Banned

I believe I've watched Jesus animation before, but I definitely remember Prince of Egypt (Moses and stuff).
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 11:28   Link #1215
NeoSam

The Flying House is also a religious anime. I used to watch it when I was a kid ^_^

And more trailers:

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
New Hokuto no Ken Trailers Available
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The official Hokuto no Ken website now hosts short trailers for the "Yuria Densetsu" OAV and upcoming Shin Kyuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden - Gekitou no Sho ("New Saviour Legend Fist of the North Star: Raoh Side Story - Fierce Fighting Arc") motion picture. The Yuria OAV is scheduled for release on February 23rd. The second Raoh movie will be released in April.

The Yuria trailer is available by clicking the "Yuria" button at the top of the page. The Raoh Gaiden II movie teaser trailer is accessible by selecting the "Raoh II" button.

Source: Twitch
From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Ichigo Marshmellow Trailer
------------------------------------------------------------
A promotional video clip has gone up for the forthcoming Ichigo Mashmellow OVA due on February 23, 2007 at 6,090 Yen.
Old 2007-01-18, 17:19   Link #1216
domino
デレデレ

The manga "Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro" is being animated!! I'm so happy!

Confirmation from ANS:
Yusei Matsui's Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (Private Evil-Eye Nougami Neuro) will be animated in the form of a TV series. The supernatural detective story serializes in Weekly Shonen Jump. Beginning its run in February, 2005 8 collected volumes now exist on the market. A Drama CD was released on November 6, 2006 starring Takehito Koyasu as Neuro and Kana Ueda as Yako. Possibly seiyuu carryovers and other details are not available at this time. uragi. Yako Katsuragi's father was murdered in a locked room. The mystery plunges Yako's life into chaos until she meets a man named Neuro Nougami.

Yessss!! Koyasu as Neuro! I don't know if he can pull off being creepy enough, but I guess he can do anything... but then again, that's just for the drama CD. Koyasu has a MILLION lead roles in drama CDs but rarely carries the role over to the TV anime version. I doubt Koyasu will stay for the Neuro anime, but will keep my fingers crossed.

Anyway, it's a manga from Weekly Shounen Jump about a creepy detective named Neuro who is a demon that "eats" mysteries and forces a girl named Yako to assist him.

Genre: Mystery, Action, Comedy(?), Shounen

Every time a WEEKLY JUMP manga is announced to be animated, I guess which JUMP manga will be animated next... this is the 3rd time in a row I've been right, ehehe.

Oh, and yet another JUMP anime coming too: Mr.Fullswing, a shounen manga about baseball. (I'm surprised this wasn't animated a long long time ago, but I guess sports anime are getting popular again)
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:26   Link #1217
cyth
Banned

Just to stomp on your enthusiasm, domino, before it spreads elsewhere: AnimeNewsService isn't the most reliable source of information there is. For the two quoted news they haven't even named the sources; for Mr. Fullswing they said "will be adapted to an animated TV series at some point in the near future". At best, this can be an educated guess, but a confirmation? Not a chance.

EDIT: Pardon, missed their citing of "TV spots" for Mr. Fullswing.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:41   Link #1218
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
センコロール
Cencoroll

From AnimeNation:

Go down the page and click on Clip Start to watch the trailer.

Here's another link you can watch the same trailer from:
http://flagama.blog84.fc2.com/blog-entry-48.html

For some english info about Cencoroll here:
http://anime-innovation.jp/sys/works_en.php?itemid=30
I loved the animation, looks excellent. Is there a movie or OVA coming out of that trailer? If so, I really look forward to it.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:45   Link #1219
barbapapa
chochopolice

Hmm, I wish it'd been Muhyo & Rojie that got animated. At the least I'll check them out if the production values dont suck.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:56   Link #1220
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
The Flying House is also a religious anime. I used to watch it when I was a kid ^_^
I remember that! I watched it a little bit too! xD

But seriously, if they can get away with making multiple anime about homosexual incest, surely one about Jesus SHOULD be welcomed with open arms....

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers