AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-15, 10:39   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd think the Spoiler and Speculation thread would be easier. Instead of having a bunch of episode threads for advanced episodes. Just seems like it'd be cleaner to have that one thread and take each episode as it comes.
Old 2007-06-15, 10:47   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd think the Spoiler and Speculation thread would be easier. Instead of having a bunch of episode threads for advanced episodes. Just seems like it'd be cleaner to have that one thread and take each episode as it comes.
But how often do we get spoilers?

And unlike (Here we go again ) the CG thread, not much were revealed in them...

Or at least, it doesn't seem like much
Old 2007-06-15, 11:15   Link #123
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
How about creating corresponding episode threads in advance?
That's how the episodes are suppose to be you know ~
Well can't blame the mods ~ the size of those episode threads is...

---
Anyway concerning the Vi's: We need a Spoiler & Speculation thread.
Bad Idea my friend

This is not Sola or some other series were we don't know exactly how it will end. I mean what kind of theories could you post ~ do you doubt that our white devil will rein victorious heidan Most material that you might speculate upon for this show are fundamentally techy nit-picky stuff which fits nicely in the current tech, military threads etc.

There's also another big flaw in the idea ~ it basically opens up a big door for spammers to come in the Ep Discussions and bash people for speculating about the next episode. God forbid 2 threads partially share a topic.

Well there isn't major speculation for the show so there is no need for a speculation thread, but a spoiler thread would be nice. I haven't seen one of those since the days of Mai Otome ~ basically a thread for people to post spoilers, hints, leaks form magazines etc. and discuss them of course.

But anyway regarding speculation, if all this trouble is because we have next-episode-speculation in the previous episode, the simple solution is to start episode threads 1 week in advance ~ so the order of discussion will be: speculation based on previous episode(s) | RAW etc discussion | Sub discussion | Review etc
Old 2007-06-15, 21:24   Link #124
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
There is the problem of starting a EP thread 1 week in advance is the size such thread is going to get..... Chances are you will need to read through at least 30 pages of random and semi random topics before the Ep discussion starts, just look at the those Ep disussions that went past 1000 posts, which is almost unheard of on suki, if you add one more week on top of it, some of us may try for the 2000 post barrier....
Old 2007-06-16, 00:46   Link #125
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Not really, since the discussion would be separated they would be smaller ~ the only serious issue is about confusion, were to post sorta speak.

Well, as for the post numbers, maybe they are scary for you but I have no problem slowly reading from page 1 to page 666 or whatever it was ~ I did it for 11 as due to some circumstances I couldn't access the forum for 3 days. No big deal.
Old 2007-06-16, 14:44   Link #126
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am not sure about this... are there enough spoilers available to warrant such a thread? And like our local neko said - this indeed doesn't have a high level of uncertainties and there isn't that much to speculate about imo ... . As far as the speculation part goes, i think the episode threads are good enough to contain the amount of speculation this series needs. (And we have the tech and military issue threads to nitpick about the questions of that nature).

Sure, the spoilers & speculations thread is a pretty "default" thread, but do we really need one? I am pretty clueless when it comes to amount and scale of the spoilers available (Leaks, magazines etc...), so i would be grateful if some one could enlighten me via PM (don't want any spoilers in this thread, and i don't mind being spoiled about this one ).

About the early thread creation - i am against it for various reasons, so unless some other mod can be convinced otherwise, i am afraid it is not going to happen.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:05   Link #127
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Someone else proposed for the pics in the Image thread to be placed in one big file and I'll say exactly what I posted there: Who's the courageous one that will take it upon him/herself to do such a task?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Even with my [Bluecheesium Physiotrophy] feat, I'm not up to that big a task...
Bah~ it's only 4864 posts. Piece of cake.

It was actually easier then expected, that thread is a mess if I ever seen one. Anyway here are some stats.
Spoiler:
The real issue with that thread is that it's too general considering the overall atmosphere in the fandom.

How about..
Everything related to humor be redirected to the recently started Joke's thread. The current mountain of spam be closed down, and two threads be created in it's place ~ one that goes something like Ridiculas and/or NSFW Visuals and another to serve for everything "normal", meaning stuff that you would find in a normal image thread in the rest of the forum.

For a image thread to have a hell of lot more posts then images is ridiculous. Consider that 90% of posts were images are posted have 3-5 or more and also considering how this series has lots and lots of comic strips, it's a real achievement
Old 2007-06-19, 19:23   Link #128
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Bah~ it's only 4864 posts. Piece of cake.

It was actually easier then expected, that thread is a mess if I ever seen one. Anyway here are some stats.
Spoiler:
The real issue with that thread is that it's too general considering the overall atmosphere in the fandom.

How about..
Everything related to humor be redirected to the recently started Joke's thread. The current mountain of spam be closed down, and two threads be created in it's place ~ one that goes something like Ridiculas and/or NSFW Visuals and another to serve for everything "normal", meaning stuff that you would find in a normal image thread in the rest of the forum.

For a image thread to have a hell of lot more posts then images is ridiculous. Consider that 90% of posts were images are posted have 3-5 or more and also considering how this series has lots and lots of comic strips, it's a real achievement

All hail the true Prophet of Bluecheesium!!!

Now for the Mods to take over the brunt of the labor if your proposal is accepted.
Old 2007-06-20, 03:49   Link #129
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
All hail the true Prophet of Bluecheesium!!!
And what might that be...

Quote:
Now for the Mods to take over the brunt of the labor if your proposal is accepted.
Not really, even if some little devils slip through from time to time, as long as the majority stays on track it should make for cleaner and friendlier easy to manage threads for everybody. It also means less issues with spoiler tags for NSFW or otherwise ~ content. Basically easier browsing for people in public places, which seems to be an issue, having been raised on several occasions in the past.

As for the jokes redirected in the Joke thread.. well considering the pages of off-topicness that should have been deleted I can't imagine what extra hard work you are talking about. At least if they're there there should be no problem since any discussion would be on topic, and it would also allow for people to say ~ rewrite using the images as visuals for extra effect or expand on the current content of posted material.
Old 2007-06-20, 04:53   Link #130
Ottocycle

Quote:
As for the jokes redirected in the Joke thread.. well considering the pages of off-topicness that should have been deleted I can't imagine what extra hard work you are talking about. At least if they're there there should be no problem since any discussion would be on topic, and it would also allow for people to say ~ rewrite using the images as visuals for extra effect or expand on the current content of posted material.
Well, it looks like quite a nice idea to diversify the images, considering I had to sieve through tons of eye candy posts when I made the very bad decision to archive StrikerS nano a week ago.

So we(me/selkirk) will be posting the StrikerS nanos/Q-ices in the Fan Humour thread henceforth? Or?
Old 2007-06-20, 10:39   Link #131
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
And what might that be...
You will find the answer in the Character Creation and Discussion Thread. Go and look (If you dare )
Old 2007-07-01, 12:05   Link #132
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
strikerS ep 14 thread onegai!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-01, 12:25   Link #133
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

//Seconded

Maybe all episode threads should just be started now and stickied once they air.
What harm can it do ~ at lest there would be a thread for speculation if people feel like it.
Old 2007-07-01, 12:36   Link #134
johnjefferson3

the problem is that it is approaching the fourth of july here in the us. and all the moderators are probley currently too busy to be here, and skyfall is the one who starts the episode threads, but he not here right now, so we will have to find another moderator to start the epsiode 14 thread, since i am not one, if i was we would allready have one by now since i am a true nanoha fan!!!!
Old 2007-07-01, 12:42   Link #135
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Most of the moderators are not from the US of A.
Actually, I might be wrong, but I think only NSW is from the US.

But yeah nobody around.
Old 2007-07-01, 12:46   Link #136
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
the problem is that it is approaching the fourth of july here in the us. and all the moderators are probley currently too busy to be here, and skyfall is the one who starts the episode threads, but he not here right now, so we will have to find another moderator to start the epsiode 14 thread, since i am not one, if i was we would allready have one by now since i am a true nanoha fan!!!!
That's not fair since mods have lives of their own you know...
Old 2007-07-02, 09:10   Link #137
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Skyfall is having unpleasant PC problems right now, so i couldn't make it for the thread creation. Looks like xris came along shortly though. Either way - i don't think it is a big surprise if people (mods included) tend not to be online during sundays
Old 2007-07-02, 09:26   Link #138
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Skyfall is having unpleasant PC problems right now, so i couldn't make it for the thread creation. Looks like xris came along shortly though. Either way - i don't think it is a big surprise if people (mods included) tend not to be online during sundays
Hope it's better now
Old 2007-07-02, 11:38   Link #139
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

How about putting up the episode threads 1 week in advance? Meaning that if ep 14 is showing this week, you could put up ep 15's thread up now so we can use ep 14's thread to discuss about ep 14 and use 15's thread for speculations.
Old 2007-07-02, 12:31   Link #140
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
How about putting up the episode threads 1 week in advance? Meaning that if ep 14 is showing this week, you could put up ep 15's thread up now so we can use ep 14's thread to discuss about ep 14 and use 15's thread for speculations.
It's not going to happen since it would mostly encourage pointless speculation and off-topic chatter for a week. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the specific episode and how would that be possible if the episode hadn't even aired yet.
Closed Thread