AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-17, 21:30   Link #41
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post
Incorrect, Kallen's geass.net profile states that she understood what Lelouch's goal was and aided the Zero Requiem by acknowledging the new "Zero". There is no interpretation, it was just an act.
Well I guess there is proof then.
Old 2008-12-17, 21:37   Link #42
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
He did. Officially stated, it was a mutual kiss where they shared something important. Officially stated too.
Stupid question but, why that "fact" wasn't discussed (but maybe i am wrong) on 2ch?

Are we sure about the translation? just asking <_<
Old 2008-12-17, 21:42   Link #43
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Stupid question but, why that "fact" wasn't discussed (but maybe i am wrong) on 2ch?

Are we sure about the translation? just asking <_<

Actually, on others board, people were wondering why this fact was discussed on AS to tell the truth -_-''
So, hard to explain why On 2ch they didn't really talk a lot about that while others people are wondering why we are talking about that

On a more serious note, I don't know, but I saw three translations of this (eh, I needed to be convinced <_<) and it seems to be the good one since they were the same

Old 2008-12-17, 21:45   Link #44
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

On a more serious note, I don't know, but I saw three translations of this (eh, I needed to be convinced <_<) and it seems to be the good one since they were the same
Yeah, speaking of, can someone repost it here or something? Cause i remember about the "mutual kiss" line but i can't recall anything else. // or you Loli, send me a pm or something.
Old 2008-12-17, 21:48   Link #45
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Actually, on others board, people were wondering why this fact was discussed on AS to tell the truth -_-''
So, hard to explain why On 2ch they didn't really talk a lot about that while others people are wondering why we are talking about that

On a more serious note, I don't know, but I saw three translations of this (eh, I needed to be convinced <_<) and it seems to be the good one.
Sorry to be annoying but each time that one side got something to discuss, it was discussed on 2ch. (example: the gumlineS).

So, please could our AS translators post on 2ch, just to see what the other japanese people (some rurukare post there, right?) think of it?

Since it's an important "proof" about lelouch's feelings, before calling that "officially confirmed", the translation should also be confirmed by other people who read japanese. From japanese people and neutral shipper if possible. Because so far, I only read that on AS and GFQ and from rurukare translators, so... And I asked about 2ch because i think i read somewhere that it wasn't discussed at all on 2ch (but maybe i am wrong)

Just my opinion on this matter :3
Old 2008-12-17, 21:51   Link #46
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to be annoying but each time that one side got something to discuss, it was discussed on 2ch. (example: the gumlineS).

So, please could our AS translator could post on 2ch, just to see what the other japanese people (some rurkare post there, right?) think of it?

Since it's an important "proof" about lelouch's feelings, before calling that "officially confirmed", it should also be confirmed by other people who read japanese. From japanese people and neutral shipper if possible. Because so far, I only read that on AS and GFQ and from rurukare translators, so... And I asked about 2ch because i think i read somewhere that it wasn't discussed at all on 2ch (but maybe i am wrong)

Lawl, you do not have to state it is your opinion, this is obvious cause it is you, who is posting. xD

And btw, speaking of translations, cause i can recall something else that was on "fier" by the time it was out and needed to be clear out, can someone state that whatever-interview that had caused mess about a misinterpretation in Okouchi's {or was it Taniguchi?} words about R2 epi 15, and Lelouch {or not him/viewers etc} being jealous {?} over Charles ready to kiss C.C?
I can recall, there was a misunderstanding in some translations, so since we are on the matter, some light here would be cool.
Old 2008-12-17, 21:53   Link #47
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

So, please could our AS translators could post on 2ch, just to see what the other japanese people (some rurukare post there, right?) think of it?

Since it's an important "proof" about lelouch's feelings, before calling that "officially confirmed", the translation should also be confirmed by other people who read japanese. From japanese people and neutral shipper if possible. Because so far, I only read that on AS and GFQ and from rurukare translators, so... And I asked about 2ch because i think i read somewhere that it wasn't discussed at all on 2ch (but maybe i am wrong)

If I remember well, it was mentionned on 2ch, simply not discussed, rightly because it was something that people assumed already (or I'm confusing this subject with someone else)

Now, Only our translators can do something (But as far as I remember, on Gfqs I don't think it was a kalulu fans >_< The guy was even all "whut" ? "What's up with this wording ?") so it' up to them (Though with a japanese citizen in the group I don't really have doubts about their abilities to translate )

Sky : This line was about people and not Lelouch cause Okouchi never mentionned Lulu in his interview; If I remember well the line simply didn't make any sense if it was Lelouch.

Old 2008-12-17, 21:57   Link #48
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
If I remember well, it was mentionned on 2ch, simply not discussed, rightly because it was something that people assumed already (or I'm confusing this subject with someone else)

Now, Only our translators can do something (But as far as I remember, on Gfqs I don't think it was a kalulu fans >_< The guy was even all "whut" ? "What's up with this wording ?") so it' up to them (Though with a japanese citizen in the group I don't really have doubts about their abilities to translate )
It's weird, because each time that the rurukare/RuruC got a proof, it was discussed a lot on 2ch, not just mentionned without any debate, so it doesn't resemble the usual debates they have/had.

As far as I remember, it was a kalulu fan, gonna check that. About AS, Blotty is not a native japanese, is Lie a "native" one? (i know she lives there, but is she native from japan?) (IIRC they are our only translators, right?). edit: I forgot Roon, sorry roon XD!!!
Old 2008-12-17, 21:58   Link #49
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Sky : This line was about people and not Lelouch cause Okouchi never mentionned Lulu in his interview; If I remember well the line simply didn't make any sense if it was Lelouch.
I would not give much thought into this line anyway, cause it was about a scene that was never aired, the supposed CCxCharles kiss but just wanted to be sure about it.

btw, sky. lawl Why did i even bother with the rename?
Old 2008-12-17, 22:00   Link #50
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

2ch isn't exactly the be-all end-all of places to discuss things, so I don't really know how that'd help much. Personally, I think it's one of the worst possible places to discuss things, but I tend to dislike the *ch sites with all the cowards running about anonymously. But I digress!

@Narona: Lie is native to Japan.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:02   Link #51
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
2ch isn't exactly the be-all end-all of places to discuss things, so I don't really know how that'd help much. Personally, I think it's one of the worst possible places to discuss things, but I tend to dislike the *ch sites with all the cowards running about anonymously. But I digress!

@Narona: Lie is native to Japan.
I forgot to add you in my last post (as a translator XD) i am sorry XD

Well, i know that, but when there was a fact about something, it usually created a meltdown there. I remember when the gumlines were released in particular. A meltdown there usually proves that something "important" is dicussed/was released.

Ok, thanks
Old 2008-12-17, 22:03   Link #52
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I forgot to add you in my last post (as a translator XD) i am sorry XD

Well, i know that, but when they was a fact about something, it usually created a meltdown there. I remember when the gumelines were released in particular.
Well i guess it was because the show had ended by then and besides 2ch is mostly about CCxL fans right?
But at any rate, a booklet is a booklet.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:05   Link #53
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well i guess it was because the show had ended by then and besides 2ch is mostly about CCxL fans right?
But at any rate, a booklet is a booklet.
I think they still discuss CG a lot given the popularity.

Yeah, but IIRC what I read about 2ch, the rurukare fans are not quiet when they get a proof of something.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:09   Link #54
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I think they still discuss CG a lot given the popularity.

Yeah, but IIRC what I read about 2ch, the rurukare fans are not quiet when they get a proof of something.
Haha, KallenxLelouch fans are never quiet in general, it is part of their aggressive-charm i guess.

But anyway, my point is that even if it was not discussed majorly in 2ch this does not make it less valid. Not that you implied something like this, but just in case someone else does it here.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:13   Link #55
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

But anyway, my point is that even if it was not discussed majorly in 2ch this does not make it less valid. Not that you implied something like this, but just in case someone else does it here.
It doesn't make it less valid in the eyes of some people, true.

But understand the position of people like me who are not rurukare fan, we only got translations and opinions on that fact from rurukare fans, and even if 2ch is awful, every little fact are usually discussed a lot there, so even if some people will maybe feel insulted by me (i'm sorry), I talk for all the non-rurukare fans from western countries which have doubts but fear to say it in public here because they can't read japanese.

It's a very important "line" so, the translation should be confirmed and confirmed again by many people (including neutral) before calling that "Fact" for real.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:14   Link #56
Lie

I don't frequent 2ch very often, but this was discussed for a little. It wasn't taken very far because there was little to really argue. Most people already have that assumption.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:58   Link #57
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Yeah!!! Romance Thread is back. That makes me happy

Don't really have anything to say at the moment. But once someone says something really stupid, I'll be back to weigh in (civily, of course). (Incidentally, this thread has gone 3 pages w/o anything too insulting and/or just plain dumb being said. That's gotta be a record and a great start for a new romance thead.)

Last edited by youngde; 2008-12-17 at 23:10.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:58   Link #58
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
It doesn't make it less valid in the eyes of some people, true.

But understand the position of people like me who are not rurukare fan, we only got translations and opinions on that fact from rurukare fans, and even if 2ch is awful, every little fact are usually discussed a lot there, so even if some people will maybe feel insulted by me (i'm sorry), I talk for all the non-rurukare fans from western countries which have doubts but fear to say it in public here because they can't read japanese.

It's a very important "line" so, the translation should be confirmed by many people (including neutrak) before calling that Fact for real.

Fair enough. To be quite honest, i have not seen a scan myself but well, i knew something like this was there when i watched the epi anyway and her chara song came out to confirm this for me //before the booklet.
But like you said, for not KallenxLelouch fans or to be honest, for CCxL fans, i guess you got a point.

Btw, speaking of the KallenxLelouch kiss, i thought it was done in an epic way. Or better, the image itself. Moving past the kinda crappy animation, if you pay attention to the scene and their clothes, the image is full of contrast. Two people that have nothing in common seemingly {at that point} a Britania prince and a Japanese terrorist and yet, feelings are feelings. I thought the way it was done, the whole opposite-display, was really a great touch. // and also their reaction after the kiss, well, that was exactly why the NT booklet was not needed.

Last edited by incorrupts; 2008-12-17 at 23:15.
Old 2008-12-17, 23:46   Link #59
Lie

口付けを交わす
~ Is the line in question.
I don't have a scanner to scan the booklet with.
The literal (no bias this is a literal dictionary definition) is to exchange kisses/mutual kisses/returned kisses/intersect kisses (LOL).
The colloquial use is more personal because this wording isn't used often. Its not like 'ai' but its not frequent, I can find it in a romance novel. People who just 'kiss' use a much more casual word.
Old 2008-12-17, 23:51   Link #60
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
口付けを交わす
~ Is the line in question.
I don't have a scanner to scan the booklet with.
The literal (no bias this is a literal dictionary definition) is to exchange kisses/mutual kisses/returned kisses/intersect kisses (LOL).
The colloquial use is more personal because this wording isn't used often. Its not like 'ai' but its not frequent, I can find it in a romance novel. People who just 'kiss' use a much more casual word.
I told you, for me, the booklet just confirmed the idea i had. I mean, after their kiss, the opening-slow-eyes technique, is used frequently on romance shows, i was actually a bit surprised to see this.
So, this particular scene, had a special meaning.
Apart from bias/no bias, the booklet basically sealed something that from my pov, was obvious anyway in #22.

But thanks for taking the time to go through it back and give the exact line ~
Closed Thread