AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 17:18   Link #41
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
1/12 = Carefree
13/14 = Peace
15/16 = Seclusion
17/18 = Wreckage
19/20 = (Maturity) Wreckage
20/30 = Seclusion
40/50 = Peace
60/70 = Carefree
70/100 = Regret/Nostalgia

13/14 peace??? no way, thats when all the worse days of a teenagers life starts.

19/20 maturity? why so old! there are some who mature before the age of 19. If you pass most hardest things in life , you will understand it and you will mature more early (for some not all)
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 17:27   Link #42
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuppy Cake View Post
19/20 maturity? why so old! there are some who mature before the age of 19. If you pass most hardest things in life , you will understand it and you will mature more early (for some not all)
There are but they are few. The truth is 19/20 for me is too soon. Sadly, nowadays, for most people maturity is more around 30 >_>
Old 2009-10-13, 17:30   Link #43
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
lol 20/30 is seclusion, I beg to differ to that, I'm anything but secluded these days. I'm always going out for one reason or another. But maturity does normally come much later, maybe around 25 or 30. IN the old days, people would come of age at around 17, but now, people are much more independent and feel like they can do whatever they want. It follows that people mature much later than they used to.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 11:13   Link #44
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
There are but they are few. The truth is 19/20 for me is too soon. Sadly, nowadays, for most people maturity is more around 30 >_>
Yes i know. 30 is not a problem, but when you mature more early is like, you allready passed more harder things at a young age and didn't have enough time being a teenager if you understand what i mean.
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 08:39   Link #45
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

0_0

I think that scale is going to be different for everyone. Although Cipher's approach is still quite interesting.

To the original poster: Hang in there. I hate to sound terrible, but life is only going to get harder, lol. Right now, try to enjoy life as it is if at all possible. You stated that you always felt upset, I think finding the root and rectification of the issue is more important than trying to abolish your feelings.

Besides, growing up hurts for most individuals. You are trying to find your sense of self...so you're bound to be emotional during the process.
Knowledge Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 11:51   Link #46
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge Seeker View Post
0_0

I think that scale is going to be different for everyone. Although Cipher's approach is still quite interesting.

To the original poster: Hang in there. I hate to sound terrible, but life is only going to get harder, lol. Right now, try to enjoy life as it is if at all possible. You stated that you always felt upset, I think finding the root and rectification of the issue is more important than trying to abolish your feelings.

Besides, growing up hurts for most individuals. You are trying to find your sense of self...so you're bound to be emotional during the process.
Life gets harder in some ways but easier in many others; it is a trade off of sorts.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 20:00   Link #47
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge Seeker View Post

I think as one gets older, they gain experience which allows them to deal with things that previously seemed impossible, but they also gain the comprehension that there are much worse things out there.

They gain that understanding that not every little thing is of life-shattering importance, which is nice, but usually, to get to that point, you have to have had something important happen and that almost always destroys the emotional "happy" picture of being young. You become better at setting priorities, but also end up facing the reality of your own struggles; some things cant be fixed, and sometimes trying your best isn't enough.

However, while life doesn't get easier, in a way it gets better. Maturity broadens your world, bringing many more joys into your life as well as sorrows, and opens up possibilities that can range from interesting to amazing. With age comes total self-responsibility which, while it is a burden of sorts, brings with it the possible satisfaction of knowing that when you succeed at something it is completely your success. You have more options, which does mean more chances at choosing the wrong ones, but having the choices at all is a great thing. So life may not get easier, but in my opinion, it gets richer.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-10-15 at 20:15.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 21:36   Link #48
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
I've always been secluded in my house the majority of the time.

I'm not afraid of anything, I just love going on my computer and watching my anime and playing my video games.

And I can chat to all my friends from school on msn.

But as for emotions go, I think I've matured in some area's, but still lack a bit in some others.

But I was most emotional at 13. Now, I'm more happy and huggy.

So really, everyone goes through that phase (Well I think at least).

When it comes to people, I don't understand them, (Being the eccentric Otaku I am), So I don't know weather I skipped that stage of people liking girls on looks and not taking personality into account and beating people up to prove "manliness", or I just don't remember them, so I really don't understand most teens.

Last edited by Otaku Emperor; 2009-10-16 at 00:38.
Otaku Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote