Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Old 2012-08-02, 22:20   Link #682
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Spoiler for Message:
Well it's more like the second part than the first quote. Since that's not what Bruce said to the guys in hockey pads in the second movie . Besides it doesn't really line up to say it doesn't matter who Batman is and then say it has to be the right person. In that sense it does matter who Batman is. Not to mention without the financial resources good luck refueling the car or bike .
Old 2012-08-02, 22:26   Link #683
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I think Alfred still has the house (and therefore the Batcave under it) and something tells me Wayne Enterprises will still have a monetary hand in the Bat. And Bruce seems to have...other sources of money than just stock in Wayne Enterprises. Alfred has had the house since Bruce was declared dead in Batman Begins (missing for seven years before becoming the Batman).
Old 2012-08-03, 01:00   Link #684
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well I think Alfred still has the house (and therefore the Batcave under it) and something tells me Wayne Enterprises will still have a monetary hand in the Bat.
Wayne Enterprises itself is poorer (and will have to explain that whole "building a nuclear weapon smack dab in the middle of a densely populated city. In secret. And the arsenal is gone, too.

Quote:
And Bruce seems to have...other sources of money than just stock in Wayne Enterprises.
Yeah, stealing TVs. But he's not good at it.

Quote:
Alfred has had the house since Bruce was declared dead in Batman Begins (missing for seven years before becoming the Batman).
So he get a batcave rent-free. But no Batcar or Batplane.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 01:38   Link #685
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

8 years remember Bruce Wayne still probably has some resources somewhere besides Wayne Enterprises. One reason why he got to Gotham in just a few days from God knows where that jail pit he's been in.
Old 2012-08-03, 07:55   Link #686
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
8 years remember Bruce Wayne still probably has some resources somewhere besides Wayne Enterprises. One reason why he got to Gotham in just a few days from God knows where that jail pit he's been in.
Don't forget, he and Catwoman still have the ultimate software master key. If they want to divert some funds from drug barons or warlords, who would notice?
Old 2012-08-03, 10:38   Link #687
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... What did he pass on?

I'm having a hard time imagining Batman with neither the Wayne fortune nor the extraordinary skills. All you've got left is a guy in a costume, and we saw in TDK how that went.
Nightwing did fine without all of the resources Bruce had when he ran off on his own I believe.

In the Dark Knight Bruce was always looking for someone to pass the mantle of Gotham's protector to. That's why he eyed Harvey Dent as the one (and was close to hanging up the mantle too as he thought he wouldn't need it anymore).

What he passed was the symbol and responsibility because Blake proved that he put Gotham and it's people before himself.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:35   Link #688
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Don't forget, he and Catwoman still have the ultimate software master key. If they want to divert some funds from drug barons or warlords, who would notice?
Wait, what? I thought the 'key' was fake?

For such a program to exist...The implications are staggering. This is far worse than anything Bane did to Gotham. This is worse than even a fusion bomb.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:37   Link #689
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In the wrong hands...just like that fusion reactor that "didn't exist".
Old 2012-08-03, 12:48   Link #690
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Only because Batman had the real one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's just supposed to erase people, not grant full access to every computer.

(Not that it makes all that much sense either way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Nightwing did fine without all of the resources Bruce had when he ran off on his own I believe.
Nightwing had the "extraordinary skills" Batman had spent years drilling into him. All Blake has is his police training, which is best used with an insignia. Oops.

And though I haven't followed his career all that closely, he's never seemed to lack the resources for gadgetry or intelligence.

Quote:
In the Dark Knight Bruce was always looking for someone to pass the mantle of Gotham's protector to. That's why he eyed Harvey Dent as the one (and was close to hanging up the mantle too as he thought he wouldn't need it anymore).
Dent, as an attorney, had the system behind him. Blake's an unemployed bum.

Quote:
What he passed was the symbol and responsibility because Blake proved that he put Gotham and it's people before himself.
Being a good man isn't enough to be the goddamn Batman.
Old 2012-08-03, 14:39   Link #691
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Nightwing had the "extraordinary skills" Batman had spent years drilling into him. All Blake has is his police training, which is best used with an insignia. Oops.

And though I haven't followed his career all that closely, he's never seemed to lack the resources for gadgetry or intelligence.
No but he's his own man and now has the resources in the Batcave (I doubt Bruce would just hand him the keys to an empty house).

Quote:
Dent, as an attorney, had the system behind him. Blake's an unemployed bum.
Wondering about that too but I'm pretty sure like Dick he'll get a job to cover the bills.

[quote

Being a good man isn't enough to be the goddamn Batman. [/quote]

Your not thinking the big picture.

Batman Begins - Gotham was a corrupted place where the cops except for a few like Jim were scumbags

The Dark Knight - As the joker noted, Gotham has grown somewhat of a backbone and Batman has revealed the gangster's true colors. They are still somewhat fearful due to the Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises - After all the crap they've gone through the cops are now more than willing to step up to the plate for the sake of Gotham.

So it's not just Blake in general. That's why Bruce passed the mantle. He was no longer needed (Aside from injuries obviously) as the people of Gotham are now standing up for themselves. Blake will continue to work to keep that peace.

In other words Bruce built the foundation for others to continue his work.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:40   Link #692
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
No but he's his own man and now has the resources in the Batcave (I doubt Bruce would just hand him the keys to an empty house).
Bruce is spent. It took everything he had left to save Gotham. There's nothing left but an empty cave, and maybe a handful of tools Blake doesn't know how to use - for as long as they still work.

Quote:
Wondering about that too but I'm pretty sure like Dick he'll get a job to cover the bills.
Yeah. So, a full time job (as what?), plus being Batman. Even if all he eats is ramen for the rest of his life, and lives in the cave rent-free, he'll make, what? Enough to buy one tire of the Tumbler? Oh, wait - he doesn't have a Lucius Fox to provide him with that kind of hardware either (not just the money - the contacts. You can't buy that in the closest Walmart). Even if Fox is still CEO of Wayne Enterprise (questionable how long he'll last, or for that matter, how long it will last), there's no forgotten defense project to repurpose left.

Quote:
Your not thinking the big picture.

Batman Begins - Gotham was a corrupted place where the cops except for a few like Jim were scumbags

The Dark Knight - As the joker noted, Gotham has grown somewhat of a backbone and Batman has revealed the gangster's true colors. They are still somewhat fearful due to the Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises - After all the crap they've gone through the cops are now more than willing to step up to the plate for the sake of Gotham.

So it's not just Blake in general. That's why Bruce passed the mantle. He was no longer needed (Aside from injuries obviously) as the people of Gotham are now standing up for themselves. Blake will continue to work to keep that peace.

In other words Bruce built the foundation for others to continue his work.
Others, yeah. But no Batman. Because, indeed, there isn't a need anymore (until the next crazy arrives...) That's why inheriting the batcave is so empty. Gotham doesn't need a billionaire in a bat costume anymore - and it's just as well, because it doesn't have one anymore.

That was my original point: Batman is a very rich man with a wide array of skills - engineering, forensics, criminology... And that configuration is gone. There are still good people in Gotham fighting the good fight, but no Batman.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-08-03 at 18:00.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:48   Link #693
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
That was my original point: Batman is a very rich man with a wide array of skills - engineering, forensics, criminology... And that configuration is gone. There still good people in Gotham fighting the good fight, but no Batman.
Not sure of Nolanverse Bruce is quite like his other versions in those aspects.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 16:04   Link #694
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not sure of Nolanverse Bruce is quite like his other versions in those aspects.
He at least had engineering (Fox had him complete the Bat) and martial arts. And he claimed to be better than the police at analyzing evidence, if only because he had better toys.

Sure, he's not "the best at everything" like in the comics. But he's at least supposed to be good at it.
Old 2012-08-03, 16:07   Link #695
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I wouldn't doubt his forensic abilities, he immediately deduced that catwomen was primarily after his finger prints and not the necklace after his safe was robbed
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 17:43   Link #696
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

I never laughed so hard. i was giggling at the first 3 pics then when i read "its good to be batman" i lost it.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:51   Link #697
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:

Others, yeah. But no Batman. Because, indeed, there isn't a need anymore (until the next crazy arrives...) That's why inheriting the batcave is so empty. Gotham doesn't need a billionaire in a bat costume anymore - and it's just as well, because it doesn't have one anymore.

That was my original point: Batman is a very rich man with a wide array of skills - engineering, forensics, criminology... And that configuration is gone. There still good people in Gotham fighting the good fight, but no Batman.
Well with the cat out of the bag with the Harvey Dent Act the criminals will come swarming into Gotham again. The reason why crime was so low was because of that.

Quote:
I never laughed so hard. i was giggling at the first 3 pics then when i read "its good to be batman" i lost it.
I wonder if it was all a coincidence.

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt his forensic abilities, he immediately deduced that catwomen was primarily after his finger prints and not the necklace after his safe was robbed
If I recall correctly Nolan wanted to delve more into Batman being a detective which we do see in The Dark Knight but I suppose with time straints and such wasn't able to go fully into it.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:59   Link #698
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well with the cat out of the bag with the Harvey Dent Act the criminals will come swarming into Gotham again. The reason why crime was so low was because of that.
It seems rather silly. It doesn't matter that Dent went insane in the last few days of his life. The Dent Act proved its efficiency. Why would they want to go back to the bad old days?
Old 2012-08-03, 18:02   Link #699
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
It seems rather silly. It doesn't matter that Dent went insane in the last few days of his life. The Dent Act proved its efficiency. Why would they want to go back to the bad old days?
We as the audience know that he went insane in the last few days thanks to the joker, but entire Gotham doesn't know that.
But the written speech by Gordon that Bane read out loud didn't actually say that Dent went insane in the last few days of his life. Just that everyone was lied to because Dent was a false idol. Thus making the whole act less credible.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 18:11   Link #700
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

For such a program to exist...The implications are staggering. This is far worse than anything Bane did to Gotham. This is worse than even a fusion bomb.
Why did you think he managed to hire Catwoman? The key was real, he just spread rumours that it was fake so people would stop looking.

And it was a hint at the ending, as that was what they used to start fresh with new identities.

And yes, that's the paradox of Batman. He kept collecting dangerous things so they wouldn't fall into the wrong hands, but then he just kept weaponizing everything he gets his hands on that wasn't already a weapon.

For crying out loud, in the comics Superman called Bruce the most dangerous person on Earth. Bruce essentially fight dangerous criminals by being even more dangerous than they are. That's why he is the Dark Knight.