AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 11:51   Link #2401
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Anyway. Someone tell Akamatsu to stop stalling and bring back my Anya already. She's been missing for ages.
lol Missing so long that her return better be as amazing/shocking/comical as her return when she went to bring back Negi to Wales.
Old 2008-11-06, 12:41   Link #2402
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
lol Missing so long that her return better be as amazing/shocking/comical as her return when she went to bring back Negi to Wales.
Heh. I'm imagining her having found a way to train herself up to the point that SHE'S the one who'll defeat Fate.

Not likely, I'll admit. I just hope the author didn't decide to get rid of her altogether. I like her. But this long period with no sign of her is really ominous...
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 12:44   Link #2403
Asrialys

Maybe she'll appear with Takamichi and Mana (and the other Mahoro nun girls). They need a reason to appear as some point after such a long time.

Akamatsu: Oh! Right! I did bring them into the Magic World, didn't I?

:P j/k
Old 2008-11-06, 14:03   Link #2404
BlueDo

Quote:
Maybe she'll appear with Takamichi and Mana (and the other Mahoro nun girls). They need a reason to appear as some point after such a long time.

You know, I was afraid that was gonna be the case...
Anyone could see that the plot is realy weird in this arc

It's nice, however, that the recent chapters brought a really huge discussions.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 14:53   Link #2405
Random Wanderer

Quote:

It wouldn't be the first time he's abandoned a storyline after introducing it, would it? I mean, Zazie and the Nightmare Circus were supposed to get some attention back during the Mahora festival (or so I've heard, second hand) but it never happened because the festival storyline was already freaking huge. If that's true then what would stop something like that from happening again? Especially since we're dealing with both the #1 enemy of all of Negima (Fate) and the #1 mystery of all of Negima (what happened to Negi's father), not to mention the enormous list of other things that are going on as well.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:46   Link #2406
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
First indicator (Chapter 169): Rakan wasn't present when Nagi first met Asuna during the battle. Not even Gateau, Takamichi, and the little kid are present (maybe too dangerous or wasn't on the team yet?). Before meeting her, Nagi was speaking as if he'd only ever heard of her, so I assume that he had no idea what she looked like.

Secondly, in Rakan's flashback, during Nagi and company's meal before Rakan attacked, Nagi says that he wished he could share the meal with "Princess-chan." Albireo then responds about setting the imperial princess free. At this point, it seems that Nagi's already aware of who she is and has already met her.

And then in Chapter 231, Rakan mentions something about Arika being a "certain other lil' princess' big sister," to borrow something from the translations. So it seems that they're all already familiar with Asuna.

So I don't think Nagi and company took Asuna along until Ostia fell, since it's implied by Rakan that she was the cause.
Very good post. I was about to write it.

Sadly, it seems that Arika is Asuna's Sister for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Usually, it is the blood type of the seiyuu playing the part, just as the seiyuu's birthday becomes the character's birthday if one is not specifically stated in the anime. That's something long established by Japanese fans.
I didn't know that. Thanks you ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Narona, it is still a world of magic so Blood type can actually be rather minor even if it is different (you can be made to believe to have, or it might have changed when/if Nagi got turned into Negi).

So far I haven't seen any real proves of impossibility of Nagi being Negi... as we always have to remember magic being involved into this, thus to prove it wrong is much harder than normal.

It is always suspicous about our lack of knowledge about Negi's mother, the ten year gap etc.
I thought about that possibility.... till the chapter when we can see Nagi saving Negi when the monsters attack Negi's village in Wales. (One of the best chapter in all the series <3 )

Now, personally, I don't think they are the same person. Also, during the Mahora Festival, Nagi's talking as if Negi was his son, not as if it was a clone or himself.

But there is that mystery. What happened 10 years ago? Nagi disappeared, apprently, shorly before Negi's Birth. The last time that Nagi was seen, it was in Istanbul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
For some reason, I wasn't under the impression that he really dated at all despite him being called a ladies' man and all. Like you said, he seemed more interested in fighting and going on adventures. I would agree.
It's often like that in many stories. The hero looks like a ladies' man, but in fact he is not.

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I like patterns like that as well. It also follows the fate of comic heroes in that they often get married with the person they marry often being someone who they either did not seem very fond of at all and was often at odds with yet still a bond forms and all that jazz.
I like this pattern as well. But the question is, when do those persons fall in love? Since the beginning or later?

I tend to think that they fall in love since their first meeting, but don't realize it. But even so, since they are attracted to each others, they tend to interact a lot. And later, they realize that they get along well, but don't realize that in fact it's like that since the beginning.

A lovely and romantic pattern.

Quote:
Yes, I would agree she is taller than him and likely older by a few years. I wonder if that really matters in the end. And you make an interesting note there, but it could just be that they look similar to one another. It would be more interesting the other way though.
It doesn't matter at all. I just thought it was interesting to point it. And since she could be a bit older, she is obviously wiser.

Nagi is a brat in those flashback, but even if he acts like an arrogant and funny guy 10 years later (when he is 25), I think he is not the same brat as he was when he was a child (15 years old).

Quote:
At least he is a pervert who can also write a good story.
To be honest, I skipped a lot of chapters which were not interesting at all. The story is good, but there are too much useless chapters imo

Quote:
I find that to be quite interesting really and it makes me wonder if anyone really knows. I can't think Negi wouldn't have asked about his mother at some point.
Well..... Many people hide a lot of things from Negi for some reason. What Rakan is telling in the recent chapters, Imma and Eishun are aware of it, but never told Negi. Why? I don't know.

Quote:
He may have said that, but we know that Nagi is alive in some form so it may not matter what others say. His mother could certainly be dead for sure though and I actually expect it.
For all we know, apparently, Nagi left negi's mother for some reason. The question is, what happened to nagi's crew before that?

We know:

- That Gatou died in a forest after a battle. Then Takamichi brought Asuna in Japan and erased her memories, because it was Gatou's wish. He wanted for Asuna to experience peaceful and happy life.

- Imma locked/hid himself (or maybe someone locked him there) under the Mahora's great tree for unknow reason. He seems to not be able to leave that place. Why? We also know that Nagi left a clue about this on the map that Negi found on Kyoto iirc, in the house where Nagi lived. We also know that Imma is way older than how he looks. It stated by him himself when him, Nagi and Eishun rescued Asuna in a flashback. That him and Asuna are the same. You can't tell their real ages just by looking at them.

- Rakan left them for some reason. I think he never left the magic world, so when Nagi, Eishun, Gatou, Imma, Asuna and Takamichi left, he stayed in the magic world. We know that Rakan was about as good as a fighter as Nagi. I think Nagi asked him to stay there in case someone has to protect the magic world.

- When we see Imma, Nagi, Asuna, Gatou and Takamichi in Istanbul, the little boy with white hair is not with them anymore.

- Nagi's Crew won the war when Nagi was 15, it's stated by Eishun when Negi looks at the photo of Nagi's Crew, at Nagi's house. So something big happened 10 years later. And Asuna travelled with them during those 10 years without growing up.

- When Gatou was about to die, Asuna asked him to not die because "she doesn't want to lose someone anymore", and IIRC she talks about Nagi as if he was dead or had disappeared; and she seemed guilty about it.

Quote:
I noticed he looked similar, but we just don't know much about him. I'm thinking he isn't Fate though unless that suddenly comes up. Do we even have a name for him?
The little boy is not part of the Nagi's group who travels around the world when nagi is 25. We know that Rakan was still on their side, but apparently never left the magic world. We know that the kid is not with Rakan anymore. And in a recent chapter, one of the girl (asuna i think) says "who is this little boy?" and doens't get any reply. So I still think it's strange.

Quote:
Well, Fate described his goal as saving the world. That certainly needs explaining.
Yep, but I don't know what.

Quote:
I don't remember anymore. I need to go over the old volumes at some point. It could be that Negi himself dropped him off and then disappeared. Who knows at this point?
When Negi met Nagi at the Mahora festival, he acts as if he never saw Negi before that. And says that apparently he failed at what he tried to do 10 years ago. So I wonder....
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 16:49   Link #2407
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
It could not be a real/physical Nagi, like from those times from Negi childhood where Negi thought the man with hood to be Nagi but was wrong. Which chapter it is by they way? Cannot remember the number.

So no, I still cannot see how you can be so sure that Negi is not Nagi. Personally I think Ken put it on purpose to make us believe that Negi and Nagi are different characters but then come back again to this.

For me Mahora festival only confirmed that the possibility of Negi being Nagi is very high.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:06   Link #2408
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It could not be a real/physical Nagi, like from those times from Negi childhood where Negi thought the man with hood to be Nagi but was wrong. Which chapter it is by they way? Cannot remember the number.
Chapter 66. Nagi saved Negi, then he gave him his staff.
Old 2008-11-06, 18:46   Link #2409
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Chapter 66. Nagi saved Negi, then he gave him his staff.
Yes, but ultimately, Negi is the only sole witness of that event.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 19:28   Link #2410
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The staff had to come from somewhere. Also, someone must have taken out most of those demons, and it wasn't any of the townspeople.

The Nagi = Negi theory just seems farfetched to me, especially as there are plenty of more likely and equally plot-licious possibilities. For example, Arika turning out to be Negi's mother would be a pretty good one, I think. And it would add a whole new dynamic to Negi and Asuna's relationship. ...If anyone ever bothers to tell Asuna who she is.
Old 2008-11-06, 20:08   Link #2411
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't remember anymore. I need to go over the old volumes at some point. It could be that Negi himself dropped him off and then disappeared. Who knows at this point?
I read the chapter 66 again and it seems that you're right. Nagi said "you've grown up well". So I guess he saw Negi when he was a baby.

So I guess this is Nagi who dropped off his son in Wales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In the chapter 66, this sentence from Nagi bugs me:

"There is no time left".

Is he talking about Nekane or about him who is about to disappear?
Old 2008-11-06, 22:20   Link #2412
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The staff had to come from somewhere. Also, someone must have taken out most of those demons, and it wasn't any of the townspeople.

The Nagi = Negi theory just seems farfetched to me, especially as there are plenty of more likely and equally plot-licious possibilities. For example, Arika turning out to be Negi's mother would be a pretty good one, I think. And it would add a whole new dynamic to Negi and Asuna's relationship. ...If anyone ever bothers to tell Asuna who she is.
[crack]Well, the staff can always come from... inside Negi.

And the Nagi Negi saw was nothing more than a magical apparition formed from 'Nagi' inside Negi using the staff as a medium./crack]

But yes, I too don't really enjoy the Nagi=Negi theories. I'm not saying it's not possible, but at this juncture, it'd be realllly awkward, and like you said, it's not even the most plot-licious possibility. At most, it'd make for a CLAMP-ish TWEEEEEST that is already enough in TRC.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 22:22   Link #2413
Asrialys

I don't really like the Negi=Nagi idea. So, what? Nagi is living a new life? Is hiding away in his son's body?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I read the chapter 66 again and it seems that you're right. Nagi said "you've grown up well". So I guess he saw Negi when he was a baby.

So I guess this is Nagi who dropped off his son in Wales.
I think you can still say something like that without actually having seen the baby in the first place.

Quote:
In the chapter 66, this sentence from Nagi bugs me:

"There is no time left".

Is he talking about Nekane or about him who is about to disappear?
No clue. But he doesn't seem to have been talking about Nekane, since he said that the petrification was halted.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:14   Link #2414
BlueDo

There are so many good theories, like Nagi=Negi and Takamichi=Fate.
But there are just a few things that outright prove them wrong.

Albreo did say question how Nagi would react if he saw his son keeping the scar the bookmark gave him.

People who referred to Negi as Nagi's son:
Gandolfini
Albreo
(Darn, I can't think of anymore atm)
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 02:33   Link #2415
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
I don't really like the Negi=Nagi idea. So, what? Nagi is living a new life? Is hiding away in his son's body?
If Nagi is Negi, then Negi is NOT Nagi's son.

I plan to write a theory piece on this for my blog AFTER the next chapter comes out (just in case Akamatsu-sensei throws me an unexpected curve ball). However, as I see it, Nagi got into a fight he couldn't win and was thought to be dead as a result. Instead, he escapes, turns himself into an orphaned infant son of Nagi at the village (that would later be destroyed), blocks his memories while giving his new personality an obsession to "follow his father's footsteps." However, to insure this happens (and to close loop), future Nagi returns to the past after everything is resolved to give his "Negi" self his staff. Now "Negi" is inspired to follow his "father" and pick up his work. Further, since Nagi's greatest weakness is his lack of memorized spells, as Negi, he now learns those spells and more, becoming an even greater battle mage than before.

As I said, I'll write a theory piece later, but I see tons of clues that to me, strongly suggest that Nagi is in fact Negi. Once Chao showed that time travel was possible, that was the final element I needed to "make it so."

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:21   Link #2416
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

... where does Eva fit into the deal? ... she was 'captured' by Nagi and moored at Mahora after following in his tail for some time... and from the flashbacks we have had as of yet its most likely that that happened between Nagi splitting with his group, and his presumed death
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:23   Link #2417
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Takamichi=Fate.
What? Where did this come from? Takamichi doesn't even possess any magical skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
If Nagi is Negi, then Negi is NOT Nagi's son.

I plan to write a theory piece on this for my blog AFTER the next chapter comes out (just in case Akamatsu-sensei throws me an unexpected curve ball). However, as I see it, Nagi got into a fight he couldn't win and was thought to be dead as a result. Instead, he escapes, turns himself into an orphaned infant son of Nagi at the village (that would later be destroyed), blocks his memories while giving his new personality an obsession to "follow his father's footsteps." However, to insure this happens (and to close loop), future Nagi returns to the past after everything is resolved to give his "Negi" self his staff. Now "Negi" is inspired to follow his "father" and pick up his work. Further, since Nagi's greatest weakness is his lack of memorized spells, as Negi, he now learns those spells and more, becoming an even greater battle mage than before.

As I said, I'll write a theory piece later, but I see tons of clues that to me, strongly suggest that Nagi is in fact Negi. Once Chao showed that time travel was possible, that was the final element I needed to "make it so."
That just sounds like a quest for power? I'll be honest and say that I personally won't consider this possible. Because then I really don't want this "Negi" to have any romantic relationships with any of the students. It's just too deceiving and detracts from the nice-guy feel I got from the Nagi we currently know of.
Old 2008-11-07, 06:36   Link #2418
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:

Albreo did say question how Nagi would react if he saw his son keeping the scar the bookmark gave him.

People who referred to Negi as Nagi's son:
Gandolfini
Albreo
(Darn, I can't think of anymore atm)
I like the Chamo = Nagi theory.
"Don't mind me, just trying to get my kid laid"

Quote:
Takamichi=Fate.
Oh, please explain
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 07:50   Link #2419
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
So far, I've not seen anything that would kill the Nagi=Negi theory but lay them on me if you have them.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 08:28   Link #2420
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I always had an impression that back in chapter 66 it wasn't Nagi at all, since Negi during mahora confused the hooded man (I always forget his name) as his his father because the voice was the same as of the Nagi in his memories. It could have been him and not Nagi all along, giving him the staff.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy