AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Old 2014-05-28, 12:30   Link #61
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

I like what they did with the ED. Kind of adds to the impact in a way LN couldn't.
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:19   Link #62
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
Not to sound like a downer, but does anyone else find the next two games to be animated not as exciting and awesome as the first two? Word connector was my favorite from the translated part of the novels.
Variety is the spice of life.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 17:51   Link #63
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Reversi's coming up & I'm looking forward to it. Just when she's thunk she's won, Shiro will come from nowhere & silence her. I also look forward to the dialogue that follows the conclusion of that game.

Btw, how is the anime-only community taking the Sora disappearance troll?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-05-29 at 18:27. Reason: One word changes one's grammar. -_-
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 17:53   Link #64
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Reversi's coming up & I'm looking forward to it. Just when she's thunk she's won, Shiro will come from nowhere & silence her. I also look forward to the following dialogue that follows the conclusion of that game.

Just lots of WTFs, but there is no one who seriously thinks that Sora is just a personality of Shirou.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 18:26   Link #65
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Just lots of WTFs, but there is no one who seriously thinks that Sora is just a personality of Shirou.
That's no fun & here I was thinking that the community would be in turmoil or something. Still, the wtfs are appreciated. lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 19:15   Link #66
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Far as I can tell, most everybody has seen this kind of trope enough times that they know Sora isn't really gone (especially since the anime was a lot more obvious with the hints than the LN was), and that his "disappearance" is part of a game. And thanks to some "speculation" by people who are pretty obviously stealth LN readers, his opponent in that game is pretty much common knowledge. Don't think anyone has guessed the specifics yet, though.
Old 2014-05-29, 19:34   Link #67
kagato3

So do you think they are going to skip over the gold of Steph loosing and having to become Sora for 30 min and Sora wanting to become a woman? or do you think they will cover it in a flash back?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 19:40   Link #68
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Far as I can tell, most everybody has seen this kind of trope enough times that they know Sora isn't really gone (especially since the anime was a lot more obvious with the hints than the LN was), and that his "disappearance" is part of a game. And thanks to some "speculation" by people who are pretty obviously stealth LN readers, his opponent in that game is pretty much common knowledge. Don't think anyone has guessed the specifics yet, though.
I'm not surprised that some people manged to guess the reason behind Sora's disappearance though. There are only three possible candidates - the Werebeast, Kurami and Tet. We can eliminate Tet, so that leaves the Werebeast and Kurami, and, if you knew nothing about what happens next, both seem to be equally plausible theories.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 19:51   Link #69
zRyuu

Due to all the clues the episode gave us, it was REALLY easy to speculate that it's Kurami. I was surprised that some people taught it was the werebeasts.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 19:53   Link #70
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think the anime was pretty clear about who his opponent was. He was talking specifically about humans with backbone and the anime added in a small scene with Clammy just a few minutes earlier. We didn't have that in the novel to go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
So do you think they are going to skip over the gold of Steph loosing and having to become Sora for 30 min and Sora wanting to become a woman? or do you think they will cover it in a flash back?
I think they'll do what they've done with most of the oath discussions and skip it entirely, much to my regret but I understand the chats being relatively easy to exclude since they're just world background basically. The episode will probably just start with Shiro's dream without much details of it other than being a normal-ish day than have her wake up with Sora still being gone.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 20:22   Link #71
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

As far as I remember it, Steph didn't "turn into" Sora for 30 min, but actually for 30 sec.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 03:50   Link #72
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

With the great interaction between Ino and Jibril this episode (arguably the funniest stuff in the episode), I can't wait to see how they have Jibril and Fii get along, seeing as there's a bit of history there, and their LN interactions were already funny... She should get her own spin-off, where she goes from land to land and talks shit to the other Exceed, Don Rickles style. Call it "Trolling Angel Jibril"...
Old 2014-05-30, 04:46   Link #73
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I'm not surprised that some people manged to guess the reason behind Sora's disappearance though. There are only three possible candidates - the Werebeast, Kurami and Tet. We can eliminate Tet, so that leaves the Werebeast and Kurami, and, if you knew nothing about what happens next, both seem to be equally plausible theories.
The anime said something like i'm going to collect last vital piece for the battle against warbeast, so warbeast can also be eliminated actually...
-------------------
btw, official site had updated some ep9 screenshots
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:55   Link #74
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
As far as I remember it, Steph didn't "turn into" Sora for 30 min, but actually for 30 sec.
Nope the bet was" if I win, [Steph will become me for 30 minutes]. If Steph wins, [Sweets will be awarded]."
she just failed to be even remotely capable after "becoming" him
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 13:54   Link #75
teja208
Critical fanboy

When I reached this part of the LN I suspected the ghost of the old king delivering the final test to his sucessor(s) of the throne. Who says the dead can't challenge the living in this world? I imagined Sora lost and disappearing into the realm of the dead or something. Shiro is the only one who still has the memory because her soul isn't tie to Disboard. Yeah it turn out false, but there's another idea since nobody would suspect the dead.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 14:00   Link #76
teja208
Critical fanboy

I'm a bit worried with how will episode 11 turn out. I mean Giant Killing/Guiding Method is one hell of a loooooong chapter. It's hard to imagine fitting every detail into one episode without rushing things. I may have to lower my expectation.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 14:33   Link #77
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I'm a bit worried with how will episode 11 turn out. I mean Giant Killing/Guiding Method is one hell of a loooooong chapter. It's hard to imagine fitting every detail into one episode without rushing things. I may have to lower my expectation.
They already got about a quarter to a third of it into this week's episode. Shouldn't be a problem fitting the rest into one episode, a lot of it is just action sequences too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 14:35   Link #78
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
It's a long chapter word-wise, but it terms of actual things happening it's not THAT long. I can see it all fit into the time frame given pretty easily.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 15:46   Link #79
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

They could stretch it to an episode and a half and do the last part in half an ep kind of like what they did this week.
Old 2014-06-11, 22:09   Link #80
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

They should easily be able to fit the rest of the chapter into this episode, since it's all action from the start to the end of the VR game, and the rest is fairly short. The "Tokyo issue" should be settled by the time the OP hits, if not the rules description as well. And the chapter-ending onsen scene is probably the shortest one so far. Also, the next chapter isn't all that long either (not to mention the tiny epilogue), so they might bump the onsen scene to next week, as the teaser, and extend the action a bit this week.

Honestly, read back over that chapter and estimate in your mind just how long the game action will take. It's not long at all. Fifteen minutes, tops.

Of course, I've already been wrong once this season estimating adaptation time, but the NGNL anime isn't the adaptation trainwreck that Mahouka's been, so I'm still confident.

BTW, loving how the anime-only viewers all seem convinced this is actually Tokyo (or at least a virtual copy of the real Tokyo) they've been dropped into, rather than a "futuristic" Werebeast capital... Though in their defense, the anime creators cheated. The billboards and signs and such should not be in any Earth language, and they are (they should be in Werebeast).

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-06-12 at 02:32.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote