AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-28, 09:12   Link #41
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCrasher View Post
Yes, I agree with having the News thread.
It would be especially useful when they actually announce how many episodes the series will last for.
Animax Asia says that the series is 51 episodes. That's probably going to be as official as it'll ever get. They never "confirmed" how many episodes Soul Eater would have either, but FUNimation mentioned 51 episodes when they licensed it.

But yeah, this very discussion is a good example of why we need a News thread. So we can discuss stuff like this that have nothing to do with spoilers, but just actual info about the show itself.
Old 2009-04-28, 09:25   Link #42
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Isn't that the purpose of the Speculation Thread?

Old 2009-04-28, 10:35   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Isn't that the purpose of the Speculation Thread?
Not really, because then we'd have people who haven't read the manga going into the speculation thread for news, and end up being spoiled.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:34   Link #44
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

So we can discuss stuff like this that have nothing to do with spoilers, but just actual info about the show itself.
My kingdom if that statement actually ran true Ok Ive never had to make a news thread before, I know Gundam has one, anyone want to make an opening post and then Ill create it
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-05-01, 04:22   Link #45
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
i would like to have full metal alchemist game thread
Old 2009-05-01, 12:27   Link #46
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
i would like to have full metal alchemist game thread
We've had a number of such threads in the past. What available games are there for FMA? I assume you mean computer games (there have been cards games produced for FMA as well).
Old 2009-05-02, 11:59   Link #47
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
We've had a number of such threads in the past. What available games are there for FMA? I assume you mean computer games (there have been cards games produced for FMA as well).
i meant full metal alchemists ps2 games. due to arrival fma brotherhood, there will be more games in near future
Old 2009-05-04, 14:42   Link #48
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
i meant full metal alchemists ps2 games. due to arrival fma brotherhood, there will be more games in near future
I googled FMA games and found quite a few so Ill make a general games thread in a bit.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-05-04, 14:46   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm guessing we'll see a favorite character thread around the episode 12/13 mark?
Old 2009-05-04, 14:49   Link #50
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm guessing we'll see a favorite character thread around the episode 12/13 mark?
Probably yeah, only thing Im worried about is who isnt gonna make the voting cut FMA has a lot of characters.

Also Fullmetal Alchemist - Game Discussion is open.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-05-04, 14:57   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Probably yeah, only thing Im worried about is who isnt gonna make the voting cut FMA has a lot of characters.
That's true. I say do what happens in other threads, and use only the characters that have appeared upto now in the first poll, so would be best to create the first one around episode 12/13. Is there a limit to how many slots are allowed in a poll?
Old 2009-05-04, 15:00   Link #52
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Is there a limit to how many slots are allowed in a poll?
The practical limit is 20 slots, so you might want 19 names and the 20th as "other".
Old 2009-05-04, 16:42   Link #53
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
That's true. I say do what happens in other threads, and use only the characters that have appeared upto now in the first poll, so would be best to create the first one around episode 12/13. Is there a limit to how many slots are allowed in a poll?
Yeah itll probably be close to how we did it in the Soul Eater forum, only use people who have been shown and def make the 20th spot "other"
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-05-09, 22:06   Link #54
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

What about a thread for single chapters that are going to come out?
Old 2009-05-09, 23:12   Link #55
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
What about a thread for single chapters that are going to come out?
Why not just use the Manga thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-05-11, 22:31   Link #56
Vicious108

By the episode 12/13 mark 20 slots should be enough, but as the series goes on it'll definitely get trickier. Many characters are introduced and even the most minor ones are pretty likeable.
Old 2009-05-16, 07:37   Link #57
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Uh, I couldn't REALLY search for this (looking for a pin in a haystack) but I would like to see a Alchemy thread dicussing anything that is related to alchemy. How it works and stuff, with references to both the series, the manga, and real life (if applicable). Basically, it's just one big topic dicussing everything alchemy.

I doubt I'd be able to create this myself, as I have more question than answers. I was hoping that with this thread, I'd be... enlightened. Saying that, if anyone can find a thread that has already been created, could you provide a link? I would like to read it. Also, if possible, don't point me to the existing speculation or manga plot thread as I am not a manga reader and would not like to be spoiled, except in this one area, that is.
Old 2009-05-17, 22:03   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
Uh, I couldn't REALLY search for this (looking for a pin in a haystack) but I would like to see a Alchemy thread dicussing anything that is related to alchemy. How it works and stuff, with references to both the series, the manga, and real life (if applicable). Basically, it's just one big topic dicussing everything alchemy.

I doubt I'd be able to create this myself, as I have more question than answers. I was hoping that with this thread, I'd be... enlightened. Saying that, if anyone can find a thread that has already been created, could you provide a link? I would like to read it. Also, if possible, don't point me to the existing speculation or manga plot thread as I am not a manga reader and would not like to be spoiled, except in this one area, that is.
Go ahead and use the thread, Did Alchemy Exist.
Old 2009-05-18, 08:58   Link #59
Kirarakim

Would it be possible to have threads dedicated to individual characters? I am thinking Ed, Al, Roy and Winry maybe for now. Or if that is too much maybe just one thread dedicated to the characters of FMA.

I am only asking because we are starting to get into a discussion about Roy in the episode thread that is driving it off topic and I think it will be helpful to have these threads.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2009-05-18 at 09:28.
Old 2009-05-18, 14:51   Link #60
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Would it be possible to have threads dedicated to individual characters? I am thinking Ed, Al, Roy and Winry maybe for now. Or if that is too much maybe just one thread dedicated to the characters of FMA.

I am only asking because we are starting to get into a discussion about Roy in the episode thread that is driving it off topic and I think it will be helpful to have these threads.
I was thinking about that earlier, Ed, Al and Roy Im cool with, since Im not up to date with the manga does Winry deserve her own thread?? Just asking really but the other three Im cool with. Ill make the others asap.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread