AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 23:01   Link #1341
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't know about the new patch, but killing Ancient Dragon on master, unless you have prepared ice/fire resistance (or magic) and fight it in range, otherwise it's really close to impossible.

Turned up to master when the game got kinda easy for Expert, I went for a ~70% hp build. And a single fire/ ice blow killed me instantly. Even with close to full resistance (50% cold resistance for Nord, and then 65% magic resistance) still need to knock in potions to keep my health bar up. And when the thing realised it can't kill you with breath, it basically crawl up to bite your head off. Have to leave stamina for running to hide behind obstacles and shoot them with arrows the whole way.

I really don't know how to kill this thing without any magic/ element resistance (if the new patch really take them off), other than turning down the difficulty level

@Daniel E.: isn't that quest the repetitive quests from the Companion? After doing like 20 of those quests from killing animals to dragons, falmer, bandits.....now i just ignore them
Old 2011-12-01, 23:18   Link #1342
Who

Accidentally got the patch.

My feelings about this:

Spoiler for :/:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 23:22   Link #1343
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
"Ancient Dragons are way too cheap. It's not even funny, all his moves deal over 9000 damage and you can't avoid 'em for crap, because he's always breathing at you. His bites are way too cheap and he uses them everytime against you, you cant even escape that shit...

You can't fight him upclose, because he'll grab you and deal damage equal to that of a 5000FT fall. And dont even think about shooting him, he'll just fly in and kick your ass. That move where he bites you off is invicible, and way too fuckin cheap, and he spams it, whenever you're close. You can't even avoid, he always grab you and takes all off your life bar, in one hit.

Also, he has way too much fuckin health. It takes life 5 million hits just to kill him. If you try to kill him with projectlies, he'll just use his Fire/Ice breath to blow you out. It is complete bullshit, you're not even safe in the mountains because he can just to fly to you.

Ancient Dragons are so cheap that you cannot defeat them with any character, they are way too hard to beat. They do way too much damage and resists everthing and are way too fast..."

General thoughts about the new patch ^
A well designed creature like this 'raw force of nature' would include something that required one to be smart to solve the problem of the creature. Or that there were just some things in the world best avoided. The poster has a very odd way of using the word "cheap"
Old 2011-12-02, 00:59   Link #1344
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
A well designed creature like this 'raw force of nature' would include something that required one to be smart to solve the problem of the creature. Or that there were just some things in the world best avoided. The poster has a very odd way of using the word "cheap"
The smart way seems to be running, seeking for helps from town guards or only get dragon bones/ skins through weaker dragons

But seriously, bows pretty rule if you put some good enchantment on your amour set. Not one-hit everything (even with x 3 sneak), but still real fun both at close and range
Old 2011-12-02, 01:04   Link #1345
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
"Ancient Dragons are way too cheap. It's not even funny, all his moves deal over 9000 damage and you can't avoid 'em for crap, because he's always breathing at you. His bites are way too cheap and he uses them everytime against you, you cant even escape that shit...

You can't fight him upclose, because he'll grab you and deal damage equal to that of a 5000FT fall. And dont even think about shooting him, he'll just fly in and kick your ass. That move where he bites you off is invicible, and way too fuckin cheap, and he spams it, whenever you're close. You can't even avoid, he always grab you and takes all off your life bar, in one hit.

Also, he has way too much fuckin health. It takes life 5 million hits just to kill him. If you try to kill him with projectlies, he'll just use his Fire/Ice breath to blow you out. It is complete bullshit, you're not even safe in the mountains because he can just to fly to you.

Ancient Dragons are so cheap that you cannot defeat them with any character, they are way too hard to beat. They do way too much damage and resists everthing and are way too fast..."

General thoughts about the new patch ^
I think this problem has existed since before the patch... though this isn't a game or a gameplay problem, it's a player problem. There are many ways to defeat an Ancient Dragon, and I've beaten my fair share of them. In fact, fighting Ancient Dragons is what Skyrim's Dragon encounters should be: exhilirating and DANGEROUS.

Also, Dragonrend is your best friend.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:48   Link #1346
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I@Daniel E.: isn't that quest the repetitive quests from the Companion? After doing like 20 of those quests from killing animals to dragons, falmer, bandits.....now i just ignore them
This is the very first one, when you are still trying to prove yourself to the companions. Without finishing it, you cannot join them nor start the whole werewolf thingy.

Another thing is that the quest is already listed as completed, but when talking to Farkas(?), he still insists that you should finish the job before requesting another one.
Old 2011-12-02, 01:55   Link #1347
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Need some help here.

I'm doing the Diplomatic Immunity with the Thalmor embassy so I'm using a Nightengale suit with daggers. The first guy I saw I backstabbed him no problem but after that I just can't do it anymore. What am I doing wrong?

I crouch so I sneak up to them and then power attack with the dagger which slits their throats. It worked for the first guy but I can't do the same with the others. Are backstabs just a one time usage?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 02:28   Link #1348
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Need some help here.

I'm doing the Diplomatic Immunity with the Thalmor embassy so I'm using a Nightengale suit with daggers. The first guy I saw I backstabbed him no problem but after that I just can't do it anymore. What am I doing wrong?

I crouch so I sneak up to them and then power attack with the dagger which slits their throats. It worked for the first guy but I can't do the same with the others. Are backstabs just a one time usage?
Afaik back stab animations occurs automatically at random as a killing blow animation. It's just cosmetics really and doesn't change the damage you deal to the enemy...I think.
Old 2011-12-02, 03:15   Link #1349
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Some mobs are more awareness than others as well. I means that mage in Thalmor embassy, he could spot you miles away. The only way that i could sneak shot him with bow, is use the slow aiming shot when moving out of corner, so i will spot and hit him before i am detected

@Daniel E.: that's suck then D:
Old 2011-12-02, 03:28   Link #1350
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Afaik back stab animations occurs automatically at random as a killing blow animation. It's just cosmetics really and doesn't change the damage you deal to the enemy...I think.
Its not quite so actually its not just animation its a fatality (sure kill blow regardless of HP), from what i hear the occurrence rate is tied to your stats, the higher your one hand and sneak skills the higher the occurrence, but anyway if you have a good damage with daggers and plus the sneak bonuses you wont fail to kill any target silently from the first blow.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:29   Link #1351
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Its not quite so actually its not just animation its a fatality (sure kill blow regardless of HP), from what i hear the occurrence rate is tied to your stats, the higher your one hand and sneak skills the higher the occurrence, but anyway if you have a good damage with daggers and plus the sneak bonuses you wont fail to kill any target silently from the first blow.
Ah, I see. Since I OHK almost everyone I meet, it's hard to tell the difference

But interesting, one-hand skill affect the chances as well? I think I heard from some poster before that one-handed skill doesn't affect daggers?
Old 2011-12-02, 04:42   Link #1352
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've used sneak attacks a lot and I can go through an entire fort of bandits performing one-hit kills on everyone there.

I heard somewhere that killing animations trigger when an enemy has low enough health compared to your potential attack damage, and is the last enemy in a fight. With the Assassin's Blade perk (which raises your damage enough to frequently trigger OHKO's) and with every enemy during a sneak-fest being technically the "last" enemy in a fight, then you can OHKO then without trouble.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:42   Link #1353
HasuMasu
*Artist

Does this game have any multiplayer? I'm not talking about online, I mean getting my friends together kind of thing.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:43   Link #1354
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Does this game have any multiplayer? I'm not talking about online, I mean getting my friends together kind of thing.
Nope. TES is a purely singleplayer endeavor, you're looking at the wrong game if you want multiplayer.

Old 2011-12-02, 05:01   Link #1355
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Ah, I see. Since I OHK almost everyone I meet, it's hard to tell the difference

But interesting, one-hand skill affect the chances as well? I think I heard from some poster before that one-handed skill doesn't affect daggers?
That's what i heard, like i said i don't really know for sure either about that, but one thing i can say for sure, one hand skills do affect the daggers.
Old 2011-12-02, 05:04   Link #1356
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Nope. TES is a purely singleplayer endeavor, you're looking at the wrong game if you want multiplayer.
I thought so, well, I'm also okay with alone.
Old 2011-12-02, 06:19   Link #1357
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Can anyone um advise on the fastest way to level Destruction.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:26   Link #1358
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Train -> pickpocket -> repeat.

If that isn't an option, fortify destruction until you have 100% free spells and blast every potential target in sight.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 06:58   Link #1359
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Train -> pickpocket -> repeat.

If that isn't an option, fortify destruction until you have 100% free spells and blast every potential target in sight.
Basically this and there's also the option to blast away at Shadowmere, though that's only if you don't mind your character being evil.
Old 2011-12-02, 07:18   Link #1360
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Can anyone um advise on the fastest way to level Destruction.
If you have maxed enchant, you can make armour that give you free destruction and restoration magic. Then glitch a frost troll so it can't move followed by blasting healing hands in one hand and ice spell in the other. The idea is that it can't die. You hold the mouse down and leave it over night.

Not fast, if you have not yet maxed enchant.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim