AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 14:45   Link #2261
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosoft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Aw come on. RAGING HORMONES are a perfectly acceptable explanation.

Edit: I've come up with a compromise. Kyon-ko initiates the kiss, pulling down Haruki by his tie, as depicted in most fanart. It's a tender, shoujo-esque moment for a little while, but the closed space hasn't begun to collapse yet. This is when Haruki starts getting frisky. Kyon-ko starts freaking out in her head, but now closed space is disintegrating around them.

Then she wakes up.
Add: Kyon-ko starts freaking out in her head, slaps him, and closed space disintegrates at the very moment. I liked this better.
I can't wait to see her reaction when she wakes up.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:47   Link #2262
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
so.....when is chapter 2 coming round?

any ETA?
Old 2008-03-15, 14:48   Link #2263
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
so.....when is chapter 2 coming round?

any ETA?
Pfft. Ask number two. And the editors.

Old 2008-03-15, 14:56   Link #2264
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
I can't wait to see her reaction when she wakes up.
Not sure what her immediate reaction would be, but I imagine that she would act out-of-sorts around Haruki for a little while. Maybe mutter "pervert" under her breath.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:59   Link #2265
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Yay done!

Spoiler for Remote Island Syndrome Part Five:

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:59   Link #2266
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Not sure what her immediate reaction would be, but I imagine that she would act out-of-sorts around Haruki for a little while. Maybe mutter "pervert" under her breath.
Maybe we can also keep Haruki's "I'm not moe for ponytail" thing during the school scene. Haruki gives her a seemingly out-of-character compliment about her ponytail. He's embarrassed to have even thought of such a thing, and she's going tsuntsun on the outside and deredere on the inside.

Old 2008-03-15, 14:59   Link #2267
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Pfft. Ask number two. And the editors.
erm....who?

edit: oh yeah, is it just me or is the sos dan forum down?

edit 2: and wiki ?

did it collapse under the weight of the seitenkan fan-fiction?
Old 2008-03-15, 15:02   Link #2268
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
erm....who?

edit: oh yeah, is it just me or is the sos dan forum down?

edit 2: and wiki ?

did it collapse under the weight of the seitenkan fan-fiction?
Kaisos is #2.

And yeah the SOS guys are down.

Old 2008-03-15, 15:03   Link #2269
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

seems like the crack got to them.

poor things.

oh, kaios.

how could i forget.
Old 2008-03-15, 15:13   Link #2270
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Aw come on. RAGING HORMONES are a perfectly acceptable explanation.

Edit: I've come up with a compromise. Kyon-ko initiates the kiss, pulling down Haruki by his tie, as depicted in most fanart. It's a tender, shoujo-esque moment for a little while, but the closed space hasn't begun to collapse yet. This is when Haruki starts getting frisky. Kyon-ko starts freaking out in her head, but now closed space is disintegrating around them.

Then she wakes up.
Quote:
Add: Kyon-ko starts freaking out in her head, slaps him, and closed space disintegrates at the very moment. I liked this better.
I figure that the sequence of events goes something like: Kyonko drags Haruki down for a kiss, and while they're lip-locked she slowly realizes just what exactly she's gotten herself into, while Haruki is still shocked. Closed Space starts disintegrating now. Just before Kyonko decides to disengage, Haruki starts reciprocating, Kyonko makes a serious attempt to push him away, but before she does, she wakes up.

Considering that this is supposed to be the final argument for keeping the world as it is instead of remaking it, it's probably not a good idea to annoy the Reality Warper too much. If Kyonko manages to reject Haruki in any way, or succeed in rejecting him to be precise, there's no reason for Haruki to keep the Old World. Therefore, satisfying as it may be to Kyonko, slapping Haruki is probably not going to happen. (Or at least not going to happen without completely rewriting the rest of the story.)

The important thing is that Haruki has to believe strongly enough that the Old World is worth keeping, if only because Kyonko is there. After he wakes up he can rationalize it to be just a dream without meaning, but in Closed Space, at that very moment in time, it truly is ultima ratio mundi.

In short: no matter what Kyonko wanted to do, the final outcome has to be that Haruki does not get rejected or hurt, at least in his belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Well, we need to at least start with Haruhi's objective:
We need to figure out how the manliness, guts, etc. fits into that.

Quote:
Guts, passion, manliness... Creating an army? Kicking people's asses?

I can't think of anything without my thoughts drifting off to the Gurren-Dan.
I think the manliness angle should be toned down in favour of being confident and passionate.

Haruki's stated objectives for the SOS Brigade should probably remain the same, but his personal objectives could be to make everyone else the same as he is. He's outspoken, unhesitant, utterly confident, without a single shred of self-doubt, and willing to do the utmost for causes he truly believes in. Now, from that mindset, pretty much the entire world would seem to be wishy-washy and indecisive, and Haruki is not a patient person. It could be that he truly believes that the world would be a better place if everyone just spoke their minds honestly and forthrightly, doing what they believe to be right, without being weighed down by fear of humiliation, fear of negative consequences (bad things will happen anyway, but look them in the face unafraid!), fear of what other people will think.

Now imagine if Haruki's goal is to turn Mitsuru into someone as confident as himself.

I may have been incoherent in this post. It's four in the morning, and I'm going to bed. Tomorrow, I might start on either Mysterique Sign, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, or maybe the later parts of Volume 1.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:18   Link #2271
sosoft

http://www.fs2you.com/zh-cn/files/9e...-00142218fc6e/
or
http://www.fs2you.com/files/fa6a75fa...-00142218fc6e/
chinese e-book application on genderbending done.

Last edited by sosoft; 2008-03-15 at 15:19. Reason: post edit
sosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:29   Link #2272
sosoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
In short: no matter what Kyonko wanted to do, the final outcome has to be that Haruki does not get rejected or hurt, at least in his belief.
Can go with yours. However, i don't think a slap would pissed him off so much to totally reverse his way of thinking.
Could be an interesting way to end it too. Imagine Haruki's side : wakes up finding himself kissing his own pillow.

-slaps are moe-
sosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:31   Link #2273
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I don't like it. The reason Haruhi finally snapped and started creating a new world, was partly because of Kyon's interactions with Mikuru earlier that afternoon. Haruki is most likely going to right there go ahead with the creation with the new world right then if Kyonko slapped, and there will be nothing that she could do about it. She will have no options left, and Haruki will create a new world, and will drag Kyonko kicking and screaming into it.

I like the scenario where Kyonko initiates, Haruki is momentarily stunned, and hormones kick in and he tries to get very physical. After he's done this enough to leave Kyonko deliciously panicked and distressed, but before things really heat up, Haruki wakes up.

That's gotta be a huge bummer moment on his part.

Quote:
Can go with yours. However, i don't think a slap would pissed him off so much to totally reverse his way of thinking.
Could be an interesting way to end it too. Imagine Haruki's side : wakes up finding himself kissing his own pillow.
Getting kissed by someone out of the blue that you are attracted to(and I don't mean peck, I mean continued liplock) and then getting slapped for kissing them back is going to change the way someone is thinking. The whole reason Haruki is making a new world is because he is unsatisfied with the world, and because he is frustrated with his relationship with Kyonko. The idea behind the Kiss is that it's enough that Haruki's satisfied on that aspect, and doesn't feel a need for creating a new world. The idea with the Kiss is that Haruki is confident enough with his relationship with Kyonko, that he doesn't up an destroy the world over her spending time alone with another guy.

Slapping Haruki after Kyonko has initiated contact will leave him disappointed, rejected, stupid, mislead, sexually aroused and pissed off. You do not want to have a head strong god like entity to have these feelings.

I for one, for the sake of the continued existence of reality as we know it, vote against slapping. (Besides, would Haruki embrace Kyonko loosely enough for her to slap him?)

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2008-03-15 at 16:00.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 16:03   Link #2274
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

@dkellis and RR: Well I can't reason against your logic. I'm not exactly for the slap either, even if it could be funny.

And we'll probably be able to think of something funnier eventually.

Old 2008-03-15, 16:11   Link #2275
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I'm opting for some thing this.

H: Aren't you tired of the old world?!
K: Why would I?!
H: Because it was boring!
K slaps H
H: What the hell was that for?!
K: Dumbass! How could that world be boring?! I was there weren't I?
H: SO?! You're here know aren't you?!
K: That isn't the point!
H: What the hell are you trying to say?!
K: Idiot I'm trying to say! --------
H: WHAT?!

"Whatever I said to Haruki, had made him suddenly stop, though I couldn't rememeber those words exactly I had remembered the next thing which had happen, as I reached for Haruki...."

Then kissu!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 16:14   Link #2276
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
*snip*
Slap, then kiss? That really pushes the envelope on the end of the world, but gives Kyon-chan a good way of stopping Haruki when they're running.

What do others think of this? I'm still not too keen on it.

Old 2008-03-15, 16:25   Link #2277
renrutal

You're supposing way too much.

Slapping or not, to reach that situation first, wouldn't Haruki need to kiss Kyonko back first?

In the original novel, Kyon had no idea what Haruhi did, but surely she wasn't kissing back.

Spoiler:

In this version, will Haruki kiss back AND trespass to the point Kyonko would consider slapping him?

If yes, I'd say the scene could take the reverse of the original above, Haruki wouldn't know what expression Kyonko took, if her eyes were closed, or if she rose her hand to slap him. The scene ends before anything else happens.
renrutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 16:28   Link #2278
Dan~

Here's my take on the kissing thing:

Kyonko and Haruki : blah blah blah

Kyonko reaches up to Haruki's shoulders and pulls him down for a kiss.
Kyonko is all I can't believe I'm doing this.
Haruki goes for total liplock
Kyonko: Eeehhhh?!?!
He keeps going.
Kyonko OMGWTFBBQRAPE!!!
Kyonko ...
Kyonko Actually, this feels kinda nice.
Kyonko Eh, why not?

While still kissing, she takes her free hand and starts undoing her shirt. Then, just before anything gets exposed (I'm thinking in terms of the anime here, not sure how to translate it into writing) the closed space disintegrates. I picture millions of viewers staring at their TV screens in utter disbelief, cursing KyoAni or whoever picks this up.
Dan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 16:31   Link #2279
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan~ View Post

He keeps going.
Kyonko OMGWTFBBQRAPE!!!
Kyonko ...
Kyonko Eh, why not?

While still kissing, she takes her free hand and starts undoing her shirt. Then, just before anything gets exposed (I'm thinking in terms of the anime here, not sure how to translate it into writing) the closed space disintegrates. I picture millions of viewers staring at their TV screens in utter disbelief, cursing KyoAni or whoever picks this up.
Right in from Derailed by Darry eh?

Old 2008-03-15, 16:35   Link #2280
renrutal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan~ View Post

Kyonko reaches Haruki's tie and pulls him down for a kiss.
He keeps going.
Kyonko OMGWTFBBQRAPE!!!
Kyonko ...
Kyonko Eh, why not?

I'd go:

Haruki goes for total liplock/mouth rape

*Kyonko wakes up on the floor with a look of total WTF mixed with arousal.*

That's how I'd cut the scene, the funny part being on Kyonko on the floor totally out of breath.

Last edited by renrutal; 2008-03-15 at 16:53.
renrutal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan