Your wife is hot...

i miss pigtail version of wang
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 21:59   Link #1082
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
On another note: If Andrei and Soma ever talk about her relation with Sergei... I wonder if it'll be while they're eating, and if Soma will say "We're lovers. By the way, you can call me 'mom'".
I don't know whether to laugh or cry......
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:08   Link #1083
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
On another note: If Andrei and Soma ever talk about her relation with Sergei... I wonder if it'll be while they're eating, and if Soma will say "We're lovers. By the way, you can call me 'mom'".
I'm sorry, but I would be highly disturbed by such an action in this show. I wound find that happening far worse than if they end up killing Louise (and I'd be devasted if that happens, man -_-) . My opinion of sergei would go straight down the toilet. Might as well change his nickname to "Wild pedo-bear of Russia" O_o. That age difference is "ick" Though it would probably give Andrei another reason to hate his father (I don't get good vibes from him being on good relations with his dad)
Old 2008-10-10, 22:14   Link #1084
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I'm sorry, but I would be highly disturbed by such an action in this show. I wound find that happening far worse than if they end up killing Louise (and I'd be devasted if that happens, man -_-) . My opinion of sergei would go straight down the toilet. Might as well change his nickname to "Wild pedo-bear of Russia" O_o. That age difference is "ick" Though it would probably give Andrei another reason to hate his father (I don't get good vibes from him being on good relations with his dad)
First, 22 years old is not pedo by any nation's standards. At best it's cradle-robbing, but it's because of the age gap rather than anyone being underage.

Second, it is my personal belief that anyone who is deemed mature by the government as to able to kill people by their own choice, be also be mature enough to decide if they want to marry someone.

If you are old enough to kill, you are old enough to breed. Why would it be "ICK" for Soma to marry, but not ick for her to fight and kill?
Old 2008-10-10, 22:15   Link #1085
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
I've felt that Soma was the "child that I could have had" for Sergei. Something must have happened between him and his son, which caused a break that Sergei felt guilty about.
Old 2008-10-10, 22:39   Link #1086
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Good god, you're right, she's 22. So technically, its not illegal, but it looks more illicit than it actually is. It would still have an incredible "ick" factor to me regardless -_-
Old 2008-10-10, 22:42   Link #1087
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Good god, you're right, she's 22. So technically, its not illegal, but it looks more illicit than it actually is. It would still have an incredible "ick" factor to me regardless -_-
As Koreans and Japanese would say:

"An age gap that big? IT'S A CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 2008-10-10, 22:44   Link #1088
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Nina X Shaji would prove that love can overcome hate and that enemies can become friends out of mutual respect instead of being forced into peace through force by either Celestial Being or the A-Laws.

Got a link?
Overcoming everything through Love is cliche, boring and lame. Thats bad enough; and whats worse is the NeenaxSaji paring you've mentioned; seriously. In real world; that won't exist. Either this camp wins or take control or not; It'll depend if the one who's in charge is a good guy or not. Gundam 00 is in a political crisis; not some hate driven society; but a more complex one w/c either I fail "yet" to understand until the series ends.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:50   Link #1089
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Overcoming everything through Love is cliche, boring and lame. Thats bad enough; and whats worse is the NeenaxSaji paring you've mentioned; seriously. In real world; that won't exist. Either this camp wins or take control or not; It'll depend if the one who's in charge is a good guy or not. Gundam 00 is in a political crisis; not some hate driven society; but a more complex one w/c either I fail "yet" to understand until the series ends.
Just ignore lubczyk. He's been trolling for quite a few days now.
Old 2008-10-11, 00:37   Link #1090
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Ah quit flaming people. That isn't interesting.

Back to the topic. There isn't much of a happy ending for this series I think, there would be a probability that the ending will be like Geass.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 00:48   Link #1091
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

hah yea Setsuna has Lyle kill him infront of thousands to do a repeat of Season 1 of destroying Gundams and Celestial Being, but gone bad.

Yea I'm gonna go with the Gundam Wing formula ending where Setsuna will single handedly destroy the enemy space station that is going to crash into the Orbtial blocks and a random orbital elevator in the nick of time.

(but I hope that doesn't happen either)
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:17   Link #1092
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
hah yea Setsuna has Lyle kill him infront of thousands to do a repeat of Season 1 of destroying Gundams and Celestial Being, but gone bad.

Yea I'm gonna go with the Gundam Wing formula ending where Setsuna will single handedly destroy the enemy space station that is going to crash into the Orbtial blocks and a random orbital elevator in the nick of time.

(but I hope that doesn't happen either)
Or he is going to push away a meteorite by using Trans-Am + Twin Drive, causing the GN drives to be unstable and thus kill himself.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:03   Link #1093
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Only one of them will live. After all there is only one Saji Crossroad.

I don't think Nena would actually die since there is a need for a love triangle to make things interesting in G00 before people start lambasting the anime (first season's ending is downright horrible). Besides she is the only other person fit for Tieria other than Allelujah (who has Soma to rescue from the clutches from the perverted old bear) and the new Lockon (who has a bridge bunny handed to him from his brother).
No their doesn't need to be a love triangle, especially one that doesn't involve a psycho who kills the entire family of your girlfriend, causes your girlfriend to lose her hand, and causes her to start being psycho as well.

A love triangle has to fit, if you don't you get GSD which has one of the worst love triangles I have ever seen. Both femals are clearly forced, and don't come off as natural.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:12   Link #1094
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I would be highly disturbed by such an action in this show. I wound find that happening far worse than if they end up killing Louise (and I'd be devasted if that happens, man -_-) . My opinion of sergei would go straight down the toilet. Might as well change his nickname to "Wild pedo-bear of Russia" O_o. That age difference is "ick"
For those who didn't get the joke - I didn't mean, in my hypothetical scenario, for what Soma said about being lovers to necessarily be true. I just want to see her mess with him and see him spit-take his food. It'd be hilarious. Though it'd probably be OOC for her to have a sense of humor.

Quote:
Though it would probably give Andrei another reason to hate his father (I don't get good vibes from him being on good relations with his dad)
Yeah, 'cause he'd totally be jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
As Koreans and Japanese would say:

"An age gap that big? IT'S A CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Not according to some of the anime I've seen...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:20   Link #1095
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
I think Andrei and his dad's relationship have something to do with the mother. Sergei killed her or something.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 06:03   Link #1096
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
I think Andrei and his dad's relationship have something to do with the mother. Sergei killed her or something.
That'd be hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
No their doesn't need to be a love triangle, especially one that doesn't involve a psycho who kills the entire family of your girlfriend, causes your girlfriend to lose her hand, and causes her to start being psycho as well.

A love triangle has to fit, if you don't you get GSD which has one of the worst love triangles I have ever seen. Both femals are clearly forced, and don't come off as natural.

What do you mean has to fit? As in fit, you mean predictable? Yeah, Setsuna X Marina get together and Saji X Louise get together, THE END! YAWN!!! Come you, you totally know that a pill pooping Louise and crazy Nena totally spice up the show. Gundam isn't a fairy tale, except for Destiny, so it'd expected that things out of the unexpected will happen.

Sheesh, it's as if everyone here wants the characters in this show to fit their traditional roles and do things "by the book." We'll have everyone like Graham, Patrick, Soma, Sergei, Ali, and Katie die and have Marina X Setsuna and Saji X Louise along with Gundam Meisters live happily ever after with the world having achieved true peace.

Gundam isn't like that: clearly right and wrong, black and white. It'd be boring if one set of characters wre labeled "bad" and the others "good."

It'd be interesting if out of Celestial Being, only Saji survived to tell the tale, now that's be something

Last edited by lubczyk; 2008-10-11 at 06:15.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 06:55   Link #1097
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
What do you mean has to fit? As in fit, you mean predictable? Yeah, Setsuna X Marina get together and Saji X Louise get together, THE END! YAWN!!! Come you, you totally know that a pill pooping Louise and crazy Nena totally spice up the show. Gundam isn't a fairy tale, except for Destiny, so it'd expected that things out of the unexpected will happen.

Sheesh, it's as if everyone here wants the characters in this show to fit their traditional roles and do things "by the book." We'll have everyone like Graham, Patrick, Soma, Sergei, Ali, and Katie die and have Marina X Setsuna and Saji X Louise along with Gundam Meisters live happily ever after with the world having achieved true peace.

Gundam isn't like that: clearly right and wrong, black and white. It'd be boring if one set of characters wre labeled "bad" and the others "good."

It'd be interesting if out of Celestial Being, only Saji survived to tell the tale, now that's be something
I agree with you completely if Gundam 00 would be like Marina X Setsuna and Saji X Louise The End. The Show wouldn't be interesting to watch.
Old 2008-10-11, 07:13   Link #1098
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
I agree with you completely if Gundam 00 would be like Marina X Setsuna and Saji X Louise The End. The Show wouldn't be interesting to watch.
I don't want to do it but I guess I have no other choice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Since when did Gundam become Lovedam?
Old 2008-10-11, 07:31   Link #1099
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't want to do it but I guess I have no other choice...
I think you missed the point here. I was trying to say that if Gundam 00 would be all about Marina X Setsuna and Saji X Louise it wouldn't be interesting. Is it all that hard to understand ?
Old 2008-10-11, 07:45   Link #1100
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
I think you missed the point here. I was trying to say that if Gundam 00 would be all about Marina X Setsuna and Saji X Louise it wouldn't be interesting. Is it all that hard to understand ?
I think they mean that since this isn't a story focused on love, but on war, there will be limited time to develop relationships, hence any couples we'd get would probably be very predictable. Compare Macross Frontier to Code Geass and Gundam 00, for example. MF being a love story with the back drop of Mecha vs. Alien space battles. CG being philosophical crack against the back drop of mecha and politics. G00 being about war and its consequences and the back drop are the characters and their nuisances.

In short: Complicated relationships gets focus, attention and time in love stories. Mecha and war stories are more about politics, philosophies and morals, and will get the most time to develop, leaving not much room for anything else. And complications needs room to resolve.

Er, the above is my opinion, obviously, but hopefully I got the point across.
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote