AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-07, 12:47   Link #261
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Haruhi's Character design was done by Ikeda Shouko. Horiguchi Yukiko were involved in Haruhi too but as the animation director

I personally think that a long wait for the movie would be fine since I don't want K-ON! to end so soon XD
And we kinda don't want KyoAni switching gears too soon. They jumped right from K-ON! to Haruhi, and Haruhi spent half of its new 2009 episodes shaking off the whole The Melancholy of Hirasawa Yui art vibe. I'd be cool with them taking a break after Nichijou to properly get back into the K-On! art style.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:24   Link #262
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Haruhi's Character design was done by Ikeda Shouko. Horiguchi Yukiko were involved in Haruhi too but as the animation director

I personally think that a long wait for the movie would be fine since I don't want K-ON! to end so soon XD
Oh that's good. Still, why the heck is this happening? Are all KyoAni members THAT serious to even change thier drawing styles in regards to the present anime project?

And KyoAni, where's my Lucky Star season 2!? XD
Old 2010-12-08, 04:15   Link #263
Sparvid
*hic*

I can sort of understand if animators subconsiously mix up character designs, but how is it possible to do a single cover image off model?
All anyone would have to do is to look on that particular picture and say "Well no, this doesn't look good. Correct it." It's just one cover, not exactly like re-shooting whole animated sequences.
Old 2010-12-09, 15:29   Link #264
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
And we kinda don't want KyoAni switching gears too soon. They jumped right from K-ON! to Haruhi, and Haruhi spent half of its new 2009 episodes shaking off the whole The Melancholy of Hirasawa Yui art vibe. I'd be cool with them taking a break after Nichijou to properly get back into the K-On! art style.
I'm assuming most of the original animators for Haruhi i think were working on Disappearance, which I think is more important.
Old 2010-12-14, 17:24   Link #265
azunyachan

If kyoto animation decide to do K-On Season 3, they would first announce it at the end of the movie and the followed by a green-lit on the home webpage.

Just like at the end of the live concert, they announced season 2 plus there would be another announcement for green-lit say on the home webpage.

Besides, how many anime continued the story after graduating high school & continue onto college/university with the original cast/characters & beyond?
I do not know if Dragon Ball counts - GT, Z, Kai

In the US, they tried saved by the bell, happy days, boy meets world - I guess it was not the same.

In the US also tried spinoff like Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Voyager, STNG
Stargate - ditto

In the US also tried remake like Knight Rider - ditto
anime - Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Gundam

I wonder if they would follow the story right before graduating high school like in Season 2 episode 25 & 26 & fill in like those OP & ED - how did the girls come up with those music video & where they filmed it & who show to & was it shown on TV/cable/promo/youtube when first aired?

I believe in Season 2 episode 25 & 26 - behind the scenes on those photos that appeared on the DVD covers.

At the end of Season 2, no one ever mentioned about performing at Budokan - anime style.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-12-14 at 22:42. Reason: Let's try using the EDIT button instead of double-posting...
Old 2011-01-09, 07:30   Link #266
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Rumor has it that the movie will be in theaters on April 11, 2011.

IMO, that would tie in nicely with the premiere of season 1, two years prior, but I'll wait for any official confirmation before I get all ecstatic. Besides, even if that date is true, by the time it'll be subbed, we're probably looking at November at the very least.
Old 2011-01-09, 09:00   Link #267
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

IMO, that would tie in nicely with the premiere of season 1, two years prior, but I'll wait for any official confirmation before I get all ecstatic. Besides, even if that date is true, by the time it'll be subbed, we're probably looking at November at the very least.
Err.. if that's true I think it's just too fast ^^; but it would be a good surprise indeed if it's going to be announced at the end of the 2nd live concert.
Old 2011-01-09, 15:30   Link #268
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:

I dont remember where I heard this but somewhere I heard that they would announce the release date of the movie some time in February.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:04   Link #269
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
I dont remember where I heard this but somewhere I heard that they would announce the release date of the movie some time in February.
Well, it's speculated that they'll do so at the live gig in February, just like how they announced season 2 at the first one.

Only time will tell, I guess.
Old 2011-01-09, 19:23   Link #270
Goggen

Quote:
That would make sense. Release it about a month after the final BD volume (and the final final episode).
Old 2011-02-06, 11:22   Link #271
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

hmm.. i'm seeing a rivalry might happen bet. k-on! and bakemonogatari again with the movies since the latter's prequel, kizu is getting one as well.

anyhow, just saying random things just to keep this thread alive. XDD

btw, i alrdy foresee anti-k-on fans bashing the film more when it's released.XDD oh, let them eat their 'godly' words on their high horses. >=} i have faith in kyoani. XD

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2011-02-06 at 23:35.
Old 2011-02-08, 08:06   Link #272
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
hmm.. i'm seeing a rivalry might happen bet. k-on! and bakemonogatari again with the movies since the latter's prequel, kizu is getting one as well.
Any rivalry with Bakemono will be ridiculously one-sided.
Consider:
K-ON! S1 sold on average around 43K DVD+BD per volume
K-ON!! S2 currently sells around 38K DVD+BD per volume (But it's OP's and ED have sold better than season 1's though)
Haruhi, original season sold around 41K per volume (2009 season didn't break 20k)
Other anime that sold around the same ballpark (30 - 48K) are Gundam 00, Angel Beats , Code Geass, FMA, and Macross Frontier.
Those are some of the best selling animes ever, when you consider that you just need 3-4K sales to break even.
However, Bakemonogatari puts them all to shame at 78K per volume. This is HUGE. The last anime that sold that much is probably freaking Evangelion. (Although Madoka Magica presales are currently beating those of Bakemono) If K-On is the kind of success that happens only once a year on average, Bakemongatari is that one that happens only once a decade.

TLDR: competing with Bakemono is pretty much impossible unless you're Gundam or Evangelion
Old 2011-02-08, 09:26   Link #273
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

bakemonogatari might have even outsold EVA.. 0_o and yeah,that was huge. i thought avatar did the same..

ah... i say no more but GO K-ON!! XDD

anyhow, i'm happy about madoka's sales doing well. XD ah, wait,this isn't a madoka thread. XDD
Old 2011-02-08, 09:36   Link #274
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Regardless of what the K-ON Movie is about I doubt its going to be bad.
Generally fans of a particular show tend to like anything or everything relating to that specific show, not saying I'm one of those people but I still think the movie is going to be good.
Perfect, maybe not
Bad, defiantly not
I am excited for its release ^^
Old 2011-02-08, 14:50   Link #275
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Usually it takes 12 to 24 months to do a theatre quality animated movie. So for this to come out in April they would have had to start it at the latest in February last year. That means they had the movie planned WHILE making season 2.
Old 2011-02-08, 15:06   Link #276
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
That means they had the movie planned WHILE making season 2.
I don't doubt that to be the case.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:19   Link #277
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Usually it takes 12 to 24 months to do a theatre quality animated movie. So for this to come out in April they would have had to start it at the latest in February last year. That means they had the movie planned WHILE making season 2.
I also wouldn't be surprised if KyoAni already knew that Kakifly would continue his manga back when the last volume was announced. This would further fuel the idea that the manga will be used for movie material.
Old 2011-02-08, 18:01   Link #278
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

hmm.. for some reason, i don't really think the movie will come out this april. i just thought it's too early. and i kinda want it to come out maybe september or december L0L.

maybe bec. i still want myself to feel the anticipation for the film longer. XD
Old 2011-02-08, 18:12   Link #279
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
hmm.. for some reason, i don't really think the movie will come out this april.
Yeah, that seems really unlikely now. April is just two months away and there hasn't been so much as a teaser trailer? No, I'm afraid we've got quite a wait ahead of us yet...
Old 2011-02-08, 22:05   Link #280
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Maybe a trailer or news on Valentines day?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life