AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 15:24   Link #1741
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I guess it impossible to stay true to the LN, the anime is so different, it like a different story altogether.... but still enjoyable never the less.
It's possible. Now, I might be very very wrong here, I've never done it before after all, but I think I could come up with a draft that could lead to a better result in the right hands. .... well, given the right hands and enough money, the result would be good anyways, so this point is moot?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 20:46   Link #1742
Athena
The Power of One

^Well, I think that they simply didn't want a too long prologue I this was done chronologically. And they wanted to introduce the main girls ASAP. But man, if a series like Infinite Stratos managed to stop itself from releasing all the girls at thbsame time, Campi could have done the same.
Old 2012-07-14, 21:39   Link #1743
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
^Well, I think that they simply didn't want a too long prologue I this was done chronologically. And they wanted to introduce the main girls ASAP. But man, if a series like Infinite Stratos managed to stop itself from releasing all the girls at thbsame time, Campi could have done the same.
Yeah. I don't understand this. Why did they introduce all the girls? They could have just focused on Yuri and Erica (the major girls in the first 4 volumes or so). Liliana and Ena could come in a second season.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 08:40   Link #1744
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
My major problem with the anime is the lack of the chants during combat, particularly Godou's chants when summoning Verethraganas power.
When reading the LN, reading those chants before a major attack always sent shivers down my spine and I was hoping hearing them in the anime. Instead we have Godou screaming and bam...
And the anime ruined his battle with Erica: the original one was more gripping and had better strategy to it. And the Boar ending would be hilarious with the way the LN made it.
Hugh, I'm even afraid to watch anymore.
Yeah I really love the chants especially Godou chants.... like when he summons the boar
""May his spine be crushed; may his bones be broken, his tendons torn, his hair ripped from his skull; may his blood, spilled over the earth, be churned into a bloody froth. I shall become one who buries fangs into the sinner's flesh, that the will of the Lord be followed: Thou shalt be purged!" "
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:27   Link #1745
zzhk
Summary Machine

In light of the anime and people wanting to compare it with the novel...
I decided to continue Volume 3 first, though updates may be sporadic.

Anyway, the structure of Volume 3 is as follows:

Prologue: Godou and Yuri get on the plane to Italy; Godou recalls how he became a Campione.
Chapter 1: how Godou got himself sent off to Italy for spring break in the first place
Chapter 2: Godou actually arrives in Sardinia
Chapters 3-7: the rest of the events leading to him becoming a Campione
Epilogue: Godou and Yuri get off the plane.

So essentially, Episode 1 of the anime cuts away everything before Chapter 3.

Personally, I don't think Volume 3 would be that fun to read without knowing Godou's future powers and the ten forms.
Volume 1 works way better as an introduction to the series.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:48   Link #1746
Richocet
Lover of Purity

thanx for the updates zzhk
really appreciate you coming into save us from all that's going wrong in the Campione world

EDIT: I have to say Verethragna seems a bit better at talking then other Heretic Gods, then again I haven't seen all the others talk but must say Erica does give off a bad first impression and if it weren't for the fact that this is vol3 not vol1 we all would probably have a very diff view of her joining the harem

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-07-15 at 14:39.
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:02   Link #1747
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
really appreciate you coming into save us from all that's going wrong in the Campione world

EDIT: I have to say Verethragna seems a bit better at talking then other Heretic Gods, then again I haven't seen all the others talk but must say Erica does give off a bad first impression and if it weren't for the fact that this is vol3 not vol1 we all would probably have a very diff view of her joining the harem
Agree about Erica and Verethragna. Though to tell you the truth, I'm glad to see pre-Godou Erica. It feels off when a character like her is unconditionally in love with the MC with no development.

Of course, I've seen the spoilers for both prologue volumes (3/11) so it makes sense to me, but if I'd just read what's on B-T without that, I'd probably hate Erica.
Old 2012-07-15, 15:09   Link #1748
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Pretty much. Havent read LN and the anime looks awful. Erica falls in love too fast. Vary bad pace. even without reading novels one can tell that its just too rushed.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:13   Link #1749
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post

Actually Nuada seems pretty nice.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:40   Link #1750
ccie20012

I have not read the LN, but only watched anime.
Tell me this is the case in the original or is it a bad adaptation.
I like the character Erica-san, but:
- Not clear Erica transition to dere-dere mode. Yes, I really like it, but not quite clear.
- I'm already starting hate the main character. It is tsundere in the life (tsun-tsun mode).
It is the same in the LN?
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:28   Link #1751
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Pretty much. Havent read LN and the anime looks awful. Erica falls in love too fast. Vary bad pace. even without reading novels one can tell that its just too rushed.
Maybe that´s the case, I wouldn´t adaptation is all bad because it has its good points but it can´t be help it lacks some aspects, specially considering the little time they have.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:54   Link #1752
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
- Not clear Erica transition to dere-dere mode. Yes, I really like it, but not quite clear.
- I'm already starting hate the main character. It is tsundere in the life (tsun-tsun mode).
To answer all points on the anime and characters. The anime didn't show case enough of vol 3 which includes Erica starting to fall in love with Godou. There a lot of things in vol 3 that were taken out in the anime. Erica's development is in vol 3 and 11, show casing everything how Erica became who she is in vol 1. The Light Novel thrives upon character development greatly.

As for Godou, he does act a little of a tsundere at the first volumes. Vol 4 and so on he greatly change even his approaches to women. This change is made apparent in vol 5.

Overall, the Light Novel is like a separate different existence of the anime. The anime only link to the Light Novel is probably the god killing and some amount of the characters in the Light Novel.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:23   Link #1753
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
1) Well, in the novel she goes Queen - Tsun - Dere - Queen, so the transition is there. But! It is way more fleshed out and natural. Don't get me wrong, it's still fast, but if you believe in love at second sight it'll work for you.
2) In the beginning he's not good. Particularly V4 is quite jarring. That said, he gets better... ...around V9? Okay, around V9 he starts getting good in that regard, real good. And it's never as bad again as it is/was in V4. And V12 makes up even for that one...
Old 2012-07-15, 18:37   Link #1754
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
1) Well, in the novel she goes Queen - Tsun - Dere - Queen, so the transition is there. But! It is way more fleshed out and natural. Don't get me wrong, it's still fast, but if you believe in love at second sight it'll work for you.
2) In the beginning he's not good. Particularly V4 is quite jarring. That said, he gets better... ...around V9? Okay, around V9 he starts getting good in that regard, real good. And it's never as bad again as it is/was in V4. And V12 makes up even for that one...
I thought he gotten a lot better on vol 5 and on.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:56   Link #1755
Kadi
知識の探求者

From V5 on it's not as bad. It just doesn't lead to "drama" so it's not that annoying, but even by the time of my beloved V12 he isn't completely over that uselessness of his.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:58   Link #1756
XFire
150% done

What did he do in vol 4? Was he clueless about Lily or something?
Old 2012-07-15, 18:58   Link #1757
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
From V5 on it's not as bad. It just doesn't lead to "drama" so it's not that annoying, but even by the time of my beloved V12 he isn't completely over that uselessness of his.
Is there any foreshadowing of when vol 13 will come out? I am still trying to wrap my mind of what vol 12 is, I know what it is about but still the craziness keeps me from believing.

XFire, he didn't act like a King is what Kadi is implying in vol 4. Lily said the same thing as well.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:05   Link #1758
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am still trying to wrap my mind of what vol 12 is, I know what it is about but still the craziness keeps me from believing.

Same, I'm reading through it as fast as I translate which is at a turtle's speed but so far it doesn't seem so crazy(at CH 2 atm). I know its early in the Vol but I'm an impatient reader, hopefully there are good things in store for me
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:09   Link #1759
Xaturas

So we should read 11 volumes so that at 12 it becomes good?

Nooooooo thank you I'll pass.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:31   Link #1760
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
So we should read 11 volumes so that at 12 it becomes good?

Nooooooo thank you I'll pass.
No no, all the other volumes are excellent reads even 1. The anime don't really depict the Light Novel accurately so just throw anything in the anime out the window if you decide to pick the Light Novel up. Everything is very good and interesting to read. There haven't been a bad vol yet, though the short stories are really too short though.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem