AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 12 19.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 41.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 32.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-04, 10:27   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Hyouka - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hyouka, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-08-05, 13:06   Link #2
Marina2

Can't wait to see who is the culprit.

If he/she/it/they is/are someone who already appeared.......I will make a random guess that it's those halloween girls. Everything stolen seem benefit them.
Old 2012-08-05, 13:18   Link #3
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 16 of Hyouka:
Old 2012-08-05, 14:45   Link #4
Pen3

Am i the only one that is getting annoyed with Chitanda and rather want the other characters to have more airtime instead? 9/10 We get more Tomoe.

If you didnt notice, but Tomoe was looking at the poster in the beginning and gave the doujin to Oreki accordingly. And why put comments in spoiler tag when this is an episode 16 topic? They can't rate episode 16 if they havn't watch it yet.....

Last edited by Pen3; 2012-08-05 at 14:57.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:12   Link #5
Kurano
SOS Brigade member

I'm surprised they're still on the Cultural Festival. I thought it would've ended already. Not that I'm complaining, though.

This week's ep was surprisingly funny to me for some reason (Chitanda was just too..... cute), and I find it weird how Satoshi is acting, since it doesn't seem to fit his character at all. Still a good ep nonetheless, I give it a 8/10.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:13   Link #6
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Once again, with each passing episode, I like Mr Grumpy less and less. His attitude towards Chitanda is pretty contemptible, just like some of the people in this forum. His high and mighty "you're just plain stupid so it's okay if I lie to you" attitude towards her, in particular, as well as the other members of the Classics Club is downright irritating. There was nothing in the "talk" he wanted only Satoshi to hear that was anything the other two members of the club shouldn't have heard. He really is full of himself.

It was pretty funny to see Mr Grumpy get caught out on his ignorance by both Satoshi and Chitanda. It's also interesting to note, with this same incident, that he still hasn't learned one of the basic rules of proper investigating, that everything is potentially important, no matter how trivial it may seem.

I guess Mr Grumpy's sister is so hideously ugly that the animators won't show her face for fear that viewers might die of fright if they see it.

I've gotta hand it to Mayaka. She's my favorite character in the anime. How she held her cool during that "accidental" incident at the Manga Society was very admirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Am i the only one that is getting annoyed with Chitanda and rather want the other characters to have more airtime instead?
No, you're probably not, but I'm not one of them. I'd much rather see Chitanda doing anything than having Mr Grumpy on screen being his pompous git self.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:26   Link #7
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

After the water was spilled on Ibara, did she mention the clothes belong to someone? I didn't get what she was muttering about.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:35   Link #8
Pen3

So you rather have Chitanda as MC over Hotaro running around doing cute stupid things for 15mins? NO thanks. We got too many shows like that already. I don't hate her or anything, but the impression i get is an elementary student trapped in an adults body.

Last edited by Pen3; 2012-08-05 at 20:53.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:59   Link #9
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
So you rather have Chitanda as MC over Hotaro running around doing cute stupid things for 15mins? NO thanks. We got too many shows like that already. I don't hate her or anything, but the impression i get is an elementary student trapped in an adults body.
how a first year middle student can be a "adult" than a Teenager, and she is childsh type character, and she acting childsh is much better than some1 just sit in chair and sleeping almost the time in the festival, act like a boring person who no real life, sometimes i think if houtaru die the only person gona conplain gona be "the childsh one"
Old 2012-08-05, 21:02   Link #10
prototype_sky

I guess his sister is the brown hair girl from Ben-To
Old 2012-08-05, 21:14   Link #11
Pen3

I still look forward to Hotaro for the next episode though and can live without Chitanda as long as there is Tomoe to keep the story moving.
Old 2012-08-05, 21:15   Link #12
Calca
Expressionless

lol they put in the same sound effect for Chitanda's chest as they use for her eyes.
Old 2012-08-05, 21:26   Link #13
leokiko

lol at Oreki tricking Chitanda with his "adult topic".

xD
Old 2012-08-05, 21:26   Link #14
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Anyone else getting tired of the mopey suffering of Mayaka?
Old 2012-08-05, 21:46   Link #15
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Once again, with each passing episode, I like Mr Grumpy less and less. His attitude towards Chitanda is pretty contemptible, just like some of the people in this forum. His high and mighty "you're just plain stupid so it's okay if I lie to you" attitude towards her, in particular, as well as the other members of the Classics Club is downright irritating. There was nothing in the "talk" he wanted only Satoshi to hear that was anything the other two members of the club shouldn't have heard. He really is full of himself.

It was pretty funny to see Mr Grumpy get caught out on his ignorance by both Satoshi and Chitanda. It's also interesting to note, with this same incident, that he still hasn't learned one of the basic rules of proper investigating, that everything is potentially important, no matter how trivial it may seem.

I guess Mr Grumpy's sister is so hideously ugly that the animators won't show her face for fear that viewers might die of fright if they see it.

I've gotta hand it to Mayaka. She's my favorite character in the anime. How she held her cool during that "accidental" incident at the Manga Society was very admirable.

No, you're probably not, but I'm not one of them. I'd much rather see Chitanda doing anything than having Mr Grumpy on screen being his pompous git self.

You're forgetting he messed up the last mystery so maybe he doesn't want to commit to this one and fail again in front of the girl he's trying to impress, taking another blow to his fragile ego, especially if his sister might be pulling the strings behind the scenes again.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:34   Link #16
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
So...
The "Ku" was not taken, and the manga mentioned that the Kudrovsky thingy will follow Christie's book. If we take Oreki's way of thinking and uses the ABC Murder as the basis for Juumoji and kudrovsky, we can safely say that Juumoji itself was a red herring, and they already got what they wanted.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:46   Link #17
TimeSkip

Well, this's how you end an episode with a bang!.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:54   Link #18
whitecloud

anyone identified the costume mayaka wearing? is it the costume that ranma wearing when he/she first met akane?
Old 2012-08-05, 23:16   Link #19
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post

xD
LOl she is a child mentally
Old 2012-08-05, 23:43   Link #20
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post

xD
Payback, Oreki getting tired of Eru.
Quote:
LOl she is a child mentally
Well she did just recently this year stop doing kiddy exercises remember. : P

Oreki's sister must really look like him for Eru to sort of recognize her.