AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-29, 10:15   Link #3441
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
The big question is: What kind of monster would become Touma if he hit him yourself with a falcon punch?
Sir! You asked the philosophical and psychological question of the decade!
Old 2012-11-29, 11:23   Link #3442
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well depends on who you count as the 'leader', the person in-charge of the team, or the guy behind the phone giving orders?

All we know about Member is that they answer directly to Aleister... And that's a very vague description.
They follow
Spoiler for Volume 15 of the Index Novels:
Old 2012-11-29, 13:08   Link #3443
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
They follow
Spoiler for Volume 15 of the Index Novels:
Yes, in chapter 44,5 the name "Professor" was on Xochitl's phone. So he definitely is leading their group. And they are under direct orders from Aleister, there shouldn't be anyone in between them and Aleister.
Old 2012-11-29, 17:57   Link #3444
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A suggestion? Maybe 'Professor' is sort of like a generic Alias of the leader... Like 'M'.

At the very least this would mean that Misaki's data is outdated... Or, because there is still one month before the events of vol 15, something could happen that changes the leadership of Member.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:38   Link #3445
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A suggestion? Maybe 'Professor' is sort of like a generic Alias of the leader... Like 'M'.

At the very least this would mean that Misaki's data is outdated... Or, because there is still one month before the events of vol 15, something could happen that changes the leadership of Member.
I think it would be better if he wasn't the professor, because this story really needs a solid plot twist.

Kamachi created a lot of confusion by adding lot of new people to a lot of contradicting roles.
And on top of that, all the existing characters are jumping in and out of the story most of the time without any good reasoning, which amplifies the "WTF is going on" feeling.
And what's worst he is clearing all of that confusion in a completly linear way, bit by bit every chapter.
Which, as for me, removes all the thrill / expectations of what could happen in next chapter, that's why I hope for something "big" to happen already.

If Gensei really is the the Professor, then we all know what will happen to him..
Old 2012-11-29, 18:43   Link #3446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Gensei probably isn't the Professor, at least not the same- that's what I meant.
Old 2012-11-29, 23:22   Link #3447
Flere821
Lurker

I'm pretty sure Gensei isn't MEMBER's professor, considering we have a illustration of the professor in Index Vol15 and that wasn't Gensei.
Old 2012-11-29, 23:38   Link #3448
Sumeragi
Banned

More importantly, I doubt Gensei would have worked on regrowing his hair.
Old 2012-11-30, 00:09   Link #3449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
More importantly, I doubt Gensei would have worked on regrowing his hair.
Hair is important to men as well >_< !
Old 2012-11-30, 01:32   Link #3450
tsunade666

^ its weird to hear that from that old fart of a kihara.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:44   Link #3451
zaeraal

The scanlation is out.
Old 2012-12-02, 19:27   Link #3452
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Very in-depth, in my opinion it is a good chapter!
Old 2012-12-02, 20:19   Link #3453
Shadow5YA

Misaki is wearing some pretty lacy leggings. They were so showy that I almost forgot she was in a gym uniform.
Old 2012-12-02, 21:06   Link #3454
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

I'm calling it now, Misaki wants access to the Misaka Network as a giant amplifier for her remote.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-12-02, 21:28   Link #3455
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
I'm calling it now, Misaki wants access to the Misaka Network as a giant amplifier for her remote.
Wow, this manga really emphatizes how Mikoto's logic applies to everyone but herself.
Ironically she tells the same to Touma and gets a taste of her own soap .
Old 2012-12-02, 22:53   Link #3456
Sumeragi
Banned

^ What? Say that again?
Old 2012-12-02, 23:57   Link #3457
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Good chapter for one that was basically just exposition. I find myself liking Misaki more and more.

Half serious theory: Misaki wants to save Misaka's clones because she had some (though obviously much less than Misaka does) and they were killed.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:44   Link #3458
Shadow5YA

I think Misaki wants to save the Misaka Sisters because in a way they are similar to herself. With the exception of Touma, the Sisters really can't trust anyone outside of their Network, much like Misaki can't trust anyone outside of hers.

With Misaki's distrustful attitude, I bet she experienced the Dark Side of Academy City more often than Mikoto did when she was growing up and met people who treated her as nothing more than a disposable stepping stone, much like how the participants of the Level 6 experiment treated the Sisters.
Old 2012-12-03, 01:39   Link #3459
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Good chapter for one that was basically just exposition. I find myself liking Misaki more and more.

Half serious theory: Misaki wants to save Misaka's clones because she had some (though obviously much less than Misaka does) and they were killed.
Well, Measure Heart does look somewhat similar to Misaki, also has a mental based ability and is a lower level than Misaki just like the Sisters are a lower level than Mikoto. We also don't know Measure Heart's name.
Old 2012-12-03, 02:31   Link #3460
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I dunno...There's something about Misakis motivations that doesn't sit right with me. Of course, I'd love to see Misaka kick Genseis arse, but not at the cost of giving Misaki the box seat to achieve her agenda.

I didn't realise until now how little we knew about Misaki. It'll be interesting to see what she does.

Last edited by GoddyofAus; 2012-12-03 at 02:49.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen