5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-04, 21:09   Link #61
Anime Online

Eren is always so gung-ho that he just have to run ahead of everyone. One of the guys even screamed at him, "Don't go alone!" Everyone went after him, got spread out and taken out one by one. Well, just about your entire squad is dead now because of you, Eren. I hope you are happy now. Eren should have just died in training.

The squad should have been led by a more level-headed, experienced soldier. Who put Eren in charge anyway? Why do they run into a fight without a plan? Aren't they supposed to be part of a defense line? Please hurry up and get Pixis to the command center. Humanity is not going to survive long with such ineptitude in the front lines.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:11   Link #62
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Eren is always so gung-ho that he just have to run ahead of everyone. One of the guys even screamed at him, "Don't go alone!" Everyone went after him, got spread out and taken out one by one. Well, just about your entire squad is dead now because of you, Eren. I hope you are happy now. Eren should have just died in training.

The squad should have been led by a more level-headed, experienced soldier. Who put Eren in charge anyway? Why do they run into a fight without a plan? Aren't they supposed to be part of a defense line? Please hurry up and get Pixis to the command center. Humanity is not going to survive long with such ineptitude in the front lines.
..but...it's shounen...
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:18   Link #63
Flolan

I bet you guys were surprised by how fast the titans moved... they often seem slow but when they want to, they sure can move fast. Like when Eren was going after that one titan (that killed Thomas) and another surprised him from beneath...

Next episode, seems like we are going to see Mikasa's past. Im so excited
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:21   Link #64
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Dude, he just saw a friend of his die in front of him in the most unrelenting brutal manner ever. Give him a break. I don't see Mikasa, Armin or many other recruits acting any different here. Hell most them were going to break down before they even got into battle until Eren had them get a hold of themselves.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:28   Link #65
yankky5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
I bet you guys were surprised by how fast the titans moved... they often seem slow but when they want to, they sure can move fast. Like when Eren was going after that one titan (that killed Thomas) and another surprised him from beneath...
That my friend is what I call an urban battle field totally different environment from the forest that they used to take down titan dummies

also I got one tip for artilery men Minié ball
Old 2013-05-04, 21:31   Link #66
bumbayker

Quote:

If you haven't noticed there aren't many experienced soldiers left to take command of smaller squads. Many of them already died from the massacre 5 years prior. And the best soldiers are sent to the Rear guard since they are the last sort of defense. Eren is qualified to lead as he is one of the top 10 graduated of his batch and holds the burden of responsibility. True that Eren is rather gung-ho but that's what drives him to fight and not cower when facing the titans. Many of his comrades can't even muster the courage.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:55   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I think the best thing about this adaption is how damn cute the Titans look.
Yeah, the titans are moe.

Seriously, I haven't read a lick of the manga and I don't believe for a second Eren is dead.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:56   Link #68
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Dammit! I can't keep myself from laughing when I see this guy.
And thanks to this guy, I start finding the old man-face giant funny looking too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:00   Link #69
Zantetsuken

Your hero DIED. HAHAHAHA.
Armin and Mikasa is the true mc
Old 2013-05-04, 22:13   Link #70
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Dammit! I can't keep myself from laughing when I see this guy.
And thanks to this guy, I start finding the old man-face giant funny looking too.
As soon as I saw him I thought "Santa Claus!"

And like some others said I don't believe for a second Eren is dead...And no I haven't read the manga. Will be interesting to see if they can stop the armored titan this time and not have the entire second wall a write-off like last time.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:14   Link #71
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Om nom nom nom.

Yea, I'm 110% sure that the MC is most definitely not dead. Incoming asspull next episode imo .
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:26   Link #72
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Next episode, seems like we are going to see Mikasa's past. Im so excited
Yeah, I was surprised at how quickly they moved, in general we actually learned a lot Titans in this episode. The ability regenerate almost every part of their body would most definitely make them extremely durable. I guess this means that Colossal Titan might be invincible since conventional weapons don't work on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Om nom nom nom.

Yea, I'm 110% sure that the MC is most definitely not dead. Incoming asspull next episode imo .
It's only an asspull if it's not foreshadowed property. As bad as it looks for Eren I don't believe it's quite over for him yet either. I think this were the drug his dad gave him will come into play somehow and maybe Armin might do something.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:29   Link #73
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Pretty sure that shot his father gave him is going to give him some kind of regenerative powers. I mean he just lost an arm and a leg, and I don't think they have the technology to give him prosthetic limbs that would work properly in a fight against Titans.

100$ he's going to grow his arm and leg back.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:30   Link #74
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yeah, I was surprised at how quickly they moved, in general we actually learned a lot Titans in this episode. The ability regenerate almost every part of would most definitely make them extremely durable. I guess this means that Colossal Titan might be invincible since conventional weapons don't work on him.
Aside from that this episode has told us that Titan have high temperature and Colossal Titan was producing some kind of steam. So with these information gives some clue regarding how Titan's body might form.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:36   Link #75
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wow he looks really really really really unscary!

Man that ending.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:50   Link #76
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I doubt Eren is permanently dead. There is still the key and what his father left in the basement that needs to be discovered. He might have lost a leg and an arm, but he can still cut the vulnerable neck earlier inside the titan. Heck, it might be even easier.
The item in the basement better be a tracking device to help later locate Eren.

Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:51   Link #77
dark998

Eren's team got annihilated so fast...I guess this is the diffence between training and real combat. Kinda sad that Mina died, she was cute and had a nice voice.

And talking about deaths, no freaking way Eren got finished already. I don't know how but he has to get out of this somehow.

Episode itself was pretty good and informative (minus the scene with the fat aristocrat). Colossal Titan clash was great and likewise the other scenes with the 3DMG.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:52   Link #78
HandofFate

eran is a fool. Literally the reason his whole platoon got killed. He's just too mentally unstable. Wish they showed the eating of the platoon as much. Especially of that twin-tailed hair girl. She seemed tasty. lol.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:56   Link #79
BoyTitan

Does anyone who knows japanese know if when the first titan attack eren and his group if he said watch out we have a special titan or deviant.

That seemed like a group of deviant class titans. Most of them seemed to belong in the 17m class and only deviants are smart enough to jump or grab some one mid air to eat them. Wait there's also a specialty class of titan that are more athletic than normal titans. Anyways just noticed none of those titans attacked like the normal I want human to eat zombie like kind. Didn't notice that when first reading due to the late break down on titan classes. Then again now that I think of it it makes perfect since for em to be deviant classes forgot how deadly they can be scene just reminded me of why the titans are winning deviant class are no joke.

Of course eren rushed in on top of the fact the titans took his mom he just saw a titan again eat some one like food. Id rather have him get eaten in a emotional fit than the series have him look weak and get eaten for being weak when we all know he is not weak. It was a good way for him to go out. His platoon got eaten because they were weak even if eren was level headed he might have lived but no way that group of rookies were taking out a group of 17 deviant titans alone.He is not a fool he was just paired with the weaklings in the front line which is kinda a plot inconvenience since no one else in the top 5 graduates were paired there but if he wasnt there Armin would be food.

Its not so much that his group were bad at actual combat its that those were deviant class titans which aside from things like the armored and giant titan etc Are the most deadly titans there are.

I can say this since its not a spoiler and more speculation sorry Giant titan is worse than a deviant I take it back he fights pure defensively and always runs. Armored titan>>>>>>Deviant Class titan>Giant titan. If anything being bigger just makes it a bigger slower target and probably makes him heal slower. 17 meters is the ideal titan size.

All titans are not this fast those are just deviant class titans.

And again eren was the only one level headed there. I am getting tired of anime only watchers bashing eren. And its not so much that its because you don't know everything about eren yet anime fans are just way more quick to bash a character than a manga reader. Those noobs would have died like cattle to the giant titan way earlier if you forgot if not for eren raising their battle moral. Plus lets think this from a war perspective the enemy is sending out all the navy seals,army rangers,green berets first we are sending out draft pics and keeping our seals in the back. Those first drafts are going to die and fast. I usually compliment the competent battle strategy's in attack on titan but man that was dumb there should have been a mix of good and bad soldiers sent out first.

I mean they are really going oh my god I did not expect this many deviant titans no wonders everyone dead expect the unexpected -_-.

Even America does not send out fodder first and we have a population advantage over most of our enemy's pretty sure the titans out number the humans. The one time I can think of we sent out massive number of people to die was Normandy.

Just no satisfying people when a character actually acts like a human they are a whiny bitch or stupid, When some one does everything perfect they are a gary stu or marry sue,Tho I usually hate the latter.

No really front line rookie grunts competent soldiers... Meeh what am I arguing for every rookie in the army is a total genius and handles his first war perfectly and does not even need some one with battle experience of higher rank or anything yelling orders. Nope they just go in after training and go C.O.D on fools. The rookies even use call outs like in halo no chaos at all would come from a bunch of rookies sent into battle in real life none at all.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-05-04 at 23:30.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:57   Link #80
jzmagic
flargansbog

Eren causing the death of his team with his solo shenanigans.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote