AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-06, 18:36   Link #761
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Nah he won't figure it out until the very end. It really annoyed me in the parts where he actually had an internal monologue and asked himself what she meant when she was saying all the stuff about "us" at the festival. I mean, plain ignorance is acceptable, but to ponder over these things and still not be able to put 1 + 1 together is really bad. Maybe when she finally kisses him then he'll realize it. Then again, maybe not.

Also, when's Miss Alcoholic coming back? I know she couldn't have left for good. I want to see her henchies get all inspired and pick up that stupid sword(I just know there's gonna be a "trick" which lets them do it).

btw, please don't spoil this if you've read the novels, but do you guys think Shana's going to have to use that unrestricted spell, the one that breaks its container? I think that'd be a great, but sad way to end the show. Something like her sacrificing herself for Yuji, and him somehow either transferring his existence or using the Reiji Maigo whatever to let her keep on living, and then he disappears when the clock strikes midnight.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 18:44   Link #762
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Also, when's Miss Alcoholic coming back? I know she couldn't have left for good. I want to see her henchies get all inspired and pick up that stupid sword(I just know there's gonna be a "trick" which lets them do it).
Like i've said before, Margery Daw exit was just screaming out "I'll be back in time for the big fight". You know deep down she has feelings for her two helpers, and imo she needs them.
Old 2006-03-06, 18:52   Link #763
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
According to the ep22 preview on the official site, Satou and Tanaka entrusts the Blutsauger (Blood Sucker, Sorath's sword) to Shana before she leaves to save Yuuji. Kazumi also puts her little conflict with Shana aside for the moment and implores Shana to rescue Yuuji.

As for Yuuji, he should figure it out soon enough, it's always a tease right down to the last episodes.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:23   Link #764
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
So does that mean Shana's going to be doing a little dual wielding action?

And she sure as hell better tell Yuuji that she loves him next episode. "Soon enough" was 15 episodes ago.
Old 2006-03-06, 20:23   Link #765
Cyz
"Show it to me"

you know, wilhelmina has one track minded. she'll kill yuuji without hesitations. but i guess emotions of hesitations is not included on her mind ne?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:25   Link #766
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Shana wielding 2 swords Halo 2 style! That would be cool!
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:35   Link #767
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

i second what prodi says...shana better tell yuuji she loves him...and right in front of wilhelmina too...that would hurt :P. wilhelmina would probably attack shana if shes stupid enough [i hope shes not though!!!] i loved her in the flashback, but now i dont know...
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:37   Link #768
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Let's see here, how would this go?

Wilhemia would take on that old hag

Shana has two swords so the blood sucker should be impaled into metamorphiser and the Shana sword jabbed into hecate.

Hey no discrimination! Everyone wins!
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:39   Link #769
Plant42

Quote:

btw, please don't spoil this if you've read the novels.
There are nothing to spoil about this , Because in the novel there are no annoying stuffs like Margery leaves the town .

And that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Shana wielding 2 swords Halo 2 style! That would be cool!
This will be the worst thing ever , Because

Spoiler:
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:42   Link #770
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

I clicked that spoiler by accident. Damnt.

Being able to read makes me sad.

oh and my please don't spoil comment was in regards to my prediction of shana using that special spell that kills the person who uses it. It was referenced in the flashback episodes, about how the last contractor of the Flame of Heaven died.
Old 2006-03-06, 20:50   Link #771
Plant42

I see all of you got the problem about writing the maid's name.

According to the Official Guidebook "Shakugan no SHANA no Subete" ,
her name in English is

W-I-R-H-E-L-M-I-N-A not Wilhelmina .
Old 2006-03-06, 21:04   Link #772
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

well i just follow what the fansubs say...and what it sounds like. not our problem that not all of us owns the official guidebook. dont say it like its the most obvious thing in the world, becaus it isnt, just a silly mistake, we dont have problems.

anyways

Spoiler:

Last edited by kira_lacusXX; 2006-03-06 at 21:17.
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 21:06   Link #773
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42

her name in English is

At the end of the day, at least we're all talking about the same character - and we all know that.
Old 2006-03-06, 21:14   Link #774
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Well considering Wirhelmina is a Japanese translation, while Wilhelmina is a real name, it is kind of easy to mix them up.

Add to that the fact that R's and L's are minefield when it comes to Japanese-English translation for average people like me, well you get the point...
Old 2006-03-06, 21:27   Link #775
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:

her name in English is

The Japanese doesn't really care about the accuracy of their spelling of foreign names in roman alphabets, they're mainly there as aesthetics. (There has been spellings of "Lider"(Rider) and "Lanser" (Lancer) for the servants from Fate/stay night out there, which are obviously incorrect)

"Wirhelmina" is just awkward sounding and an obvious error of "Wilhelmina" (since they're the same in Japanese), so no point arguing about it.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 21:44   Link #776
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Nah he won't figure it out until the very end. It really annoyed me in the parts where he actually had an internal monologue and asked himself what she meant when she was saying all the stuff about "us" at the festival. I mean, plain ignorance is acceptable, but to ponder over these things and still not be able to put 1 + 1 together is really bad. Maybe when she finally kisses him then he'll realize it. Then again, maybe not.

btw, please don't spoil this if you've read the novels, but do you guys think Shana's going to have to use that unrestricted spell, the one that breaks its container? I think that'd be a great, but sad way to end the show. Something like her sacrificing herself for Yuji, and him somehow either transferring his existence or using the Reiji Maigo whatever to let her keep on living, and then he disappears when the clock strikes midnight.

Don't worry, I have not read the novel, so it is just my educated guess. You say till the end right he will notice, maybe you can put it more like Shana will save him near the end, fight together with yuji get the confidence and motivation from him, and bam the bad guy is gone, and yah yah... that is when it all starts.(another guess)
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 21:58   Link #777
Plant42

Quote:
oh and my please don't spoil comment was in regards to my prediction of shana using that special spell that kills the person who uses it. It was referenced in the flashback episodes, about how the last contractor of the Flame of Heaven died.
You mean "Tenpajyousai" ?
Don't worry there are nothing to spoil about that too , because there are no sudden attack of the Balle Masque in the novel too.

It's very silly to do that , because in the novel(which has along way to go) the Balle Masque is one of the ultimate villains in the series.
There are many plot/mystery about them that not yet unrevealed (especially the "Meishu"(leader), the balle Masque's big boss who is still behind the curtain) , so it's very nonsenses to make them attack suddenly like that .

But it seems that the anime(which try to end everything in 24EP) don't care about that , they also do that siily things .
Old 2006-03-06, 22:07   Link #778
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:

her name in English is

I think this wins the award for most obviously butchered German name, ever. And I was wondering where the Japanese wiki was getting that spelling... Well, at least LoGH got it right...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 22:22   Link #779
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I think this wins the award for most obviously butchered German name, ever. And I was wondering where the Japanese wiki was getting that spelling... Well, at least LoGH got it right...
If you still wonder about that .
That 's right. The way to write the character's name in english that Japanese wikipedia used(such as Wirhelmina Carmel , Khamsin Nbh`w , Mathilde Saint-Omer , Bel-Peol , ETC) is come from the Official Guidebook , so you can rely on it's correctitude.
Old 2006-03-06, 22:36   Link #780
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I guess most of us are used to using the name directly from the fansubs. No surprise why we have no idea that her real name is Wirhelmina. Sounds a little harder to pronounce for some people anyway.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere