AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 02:12   Link #441
garbage

sigh , graduations are always so bitter-sweet (just like sakurasou >.<)... and bgm pushed this to the hilt, with mostly silence and very faint music if present. would feel really empty with just the 3 of them left now, wonder when the 3 imouto's would be able to enter HS.

nice time alone with kyoro for shion & kirara (wow she speaks a lot in text msgs!) but mao was too shy

i loved that back to back holding hands talk of megu and kyoro
3 seniors were really beautiful in hakama.

wonderful series. GJ!!!
Old 2013-03-28, 06:14   Link #442
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Too bad that the series ended so fast... I would really like to see at least an OVA for this series. All I can say is... Good Job, Kyolo-kun, Kirara-san, Megumi-san, Shion-san, Tama-chan, and... Maa-chan.
Old 2013-03-28, 06:39   Link #443
Marower

What a wonderful anime GJ-bu was. It is one hard to put into words just because of how relaxing it is. The imoutos, and to some degree Tama, invaded upon the calming side of the anime, but it worked out anyhow.

GJ-bu is pure fun.

This final episode was really nice and I loved the more subtle parts. I would've loved seeing an aftermath, or at least some more Mao x Kyoro scenes, but I am satisified with what we got.

9/10 will this land on. GJ-bu just worked for me.

I wonder how the spinoff will be...

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 08:57   Link #444
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, that was a good fun ending to a good fun show, with a real sense of 'passing the torch' from Mao to Kyoro. I don't know if there's likely to be a sequel or not but it left the show in a good place should that happen.

It's one of those shows which doesn't seem like much to begin with, but the more you get to know the characters the more you enjoy the show. In this case, the characters were a good mix and worked really well together.

Verdict? GOOD JOB!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 09:16   Link #445
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well just finish watch indeed a Good Job series give being one of those slice of life series.

overall it fine sorts to watch.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 09:32   Link #446
whitecloud

Sooo...megu wins by default...?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 10:15   Link #447
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Sooo...megu wins by default...?
Well, she get's a whole year worth of Free-shots. But then , you have to remember, Geraldine idolizes Kyoro.....

GJ-Bu is the type of show that lives or dies by it's characterization, and by far, it definitely succeeds in defining and distinguishing their characters. Though hardly imaginative nor ground breaking, it is a well executed Slice of Life. Not necessarily a classic, but yet another Slice of Life done well and properly, and functional as entertainment.

I wonder whether we would get another show it's class next season.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 00:41   Link #448
justsomeguy

GJ-bu thoughts:
* This is a show about a club that does nothing other than have fun with each other, and there is no plot, no drama, and no substantial character growth. For a show like this, the characters themselves and their interactions must be enjoyable, and this manages to pull it off (they had better chemistry together than the Tamako Market cast). At the end of every episode, I always wanted more.
* Running gags that somehow don't get old: sensual hairbrushing, Mori twirling, "Maa-chan," Ore-man.
* Going by light novel illustrations, the show skipped over a bit of content, including the beach and pool episodes.
* Tama really joined the cast too late, and even then got less attention than the other members.
* Those are beautiful school uniforms. The blue underside of the jacket and the gold trim add quite a bit to what would otherwise be normal modern school uniforms.

final score: 8/10. If the middle school spinoff actually gets its own anime, I'd watch it.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 01:52   Link #449
Haiprbim
Banned

Man, man, man, I still have 2 episodes to watch!
Darn, darn, darn, I hate to be late to ending episodes!
Anyhow, off we go, hope a great show has a great ending. :D

Edit: So, I've just completed watching the last two episodes.
My opinion: Amazing!!
This was truly a really good and funny show.
The only thing that may have saddened me a bit is that it was really clear that only 1 season will exist with that "Thank-you!" in the end.
Although it was a simple show, a second season would be great, but as I have said, the chances for that are really low.

Last edited by Haiprbim; 2013-03-29 at 02:52.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 08:03   Link #450
Fantasylord

I watched the anime up till episode 10 and so far really loved it. I would like to know, if any of you can tell me if there`s an english translated version of the light novel series and if so you could provide me with a link to download this. I searched on google, but wasn`t able to find anything, so I hope you can help me =D

Thanks to you in advance
Fantasylord
Fantasylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 11:00   Link #451
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasylord View Post
I watched the anime up till episode 10 and so far really loved it.
Episodes 11 and 12 are great, a certain must-see. :D
Too bad they are the last ones though. :(
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 17:10   Link #452
Smillie

I see the last episode 12 now , and I very sad because it's the end!!! I adored this anime.

We know that Gj Bu it's a book, so we can hope next episode last year ?
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 17:22   Link #453
Newhope

Ok anime but nothing special that hasn't been done a hundred times before.

6/10 no bad if you go into it not expecting much.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 18:22   Link #454
X207
Gamyūsa

i really enjoyed the series. i liked the gags and the casual pace of the plot. i like slice of life comedies but a slower pace within jokes is appreciated at times, you have time to think and reflect on them than getting swept up in the waves. it didnt get into the top ten for me but it got rather close to it. i do wish the series continued for longer but all series do have toe stop/pause at sometime. 8/10
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 01:21   Link #455
Smillie

I want say : we can hope to see episode next year ?
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 01:48   Link #456
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Arrgggh, it already ends !!!
Damn, i will miss this show about a club that does nothing...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 05:34   Link #457
Fantasylord

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Episodes 11 and 12 are great, a certain must-see.
Too bad they are the last ones though.
I hope so =) but its always the same with me... everytime i watch a great anime I kind of take a break a few episodes before it ends, because on the one hand side I want to know how it ends but on the other hand side I don`t want this anime to end xD But in the end I watch them till the end and most of the time hope for another season =D
Fantasylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 06:12   Link #458
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, this gag-anime actually has something that even a certain serious (and supposedly more realistic) detective series don’t, which is: fixed timeline. Mao, Shion, and Kirara the seniors finally graduated after spending some time in the club with Kyoro and the others. That will certainly put Detective Conan to shame . How many years now that he’s still in elementary school with his detective gang?

Anyway, I had a great time with this little anime. Definitely gonna miss these guys, especially my Mori-san maido! (both the mother and the daughter XD).
Old 2013-03-31, 08:09   Link #459
Itlandm
Porcupine

An enjoyable series to the very end. One thing I am particularly thankful for is the way they handled the erotic tension of a boy surrounded by girls. It would be very, very easy for a comedy series to go overboard on this, but that is actually one area where the series stayed realistic. As a result, it is easy to recommend this series to people who are unfamiliar with Japanese humor and easily embarrassed.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:06   Link #460
chaos_animagic

erotic tension...

if a girl was biting on your arm every single day, would you find that to be erotic?
or making you drink so much Tea that you have to constantly go to the bathroom but can't because a certain someone is biting your arm?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, comedy, light novel, shounen