AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-03, 07:43   Link #201
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Replica's "sacrifice" was not intended. It was less of an sacrifice than a casulty of war. Replica probably didn't wanted to be sacrificed either, but he made a mistake and had to deal with it to fulfil his promise to Yuuma.

I'm still interested in how they called Chika a god and golden goose and such. Yuuma said Chika would hold a VIP position in neighbor countries due her large trion but in the "holy land Aftokrator" it seems Chika's position would be even higher than just a VIP.
I still think Replica's decision is ex ante a sound one, as Replica didn't know that the 2 neighbors will be defeated by Yuuma/Miwa when making the decision. But ex post, it is a poor decision. Maybe we'll see later how the rabbits work.

I think Chika will be used to power the nuclear reactor looking buildings. She'll be kept alive and treated like god, but she'll be effectively imprisoned and drained of trion.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 16:13   Link #202
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I still think Replica's decision is ex ante a sound one, as Replica didn't know that the 2 neighbors will be defeated by Yuuma/Miwa when making the decision. But ex post, it is a poor decision. Maybe we'll see later how the rabbits work.

I think Chika will be used to power the nuclear reactor looking buildings. She'll be kept alive and treated like god, but she'll be effectively imprisoned and drained of trion.
Yeah, but for that moment it was the safest option Replica could go for to keep Chika and Osamu safe and that with Osamu risking his life and nearly dieing due blood lose.

Yeah, "trion" is still a very mysterious thing in the WT universe.

I mean, it is something that comes form an invisible human organ yet it is both an energy to activate weapons, a fuel to travel with ships and a material to build stuff with.
And yet the real question is WHO the heck was the first human/neighbor that noticed that there's an invisible organ inside the human body that can create an amazing material you can do anything with?! Or was it a knowledge all neighbors had from their very beginning kinda like how fire was important to the stoneage men of humankind?

Kidnapped people from earth could very well be used to "produce" trion daily due their big trion amount which makes them alive more valuable then dead and one-time use organs. We know due Replica that Trion is in the end a number you can measure, like saying a Rabbit has as much trion in-build/used for its production like three Illgar or 20-30 grunt soldiers.
We know trion is needed to power the trigger technology yet triggers are made of trion, of hard trion not energy trion, so how does trion from a organ turn into a solid metal to work with or a fuel to power a ship with, etc and etc.
There are alone with Trion tons of stuff left to discover.

Now back to the manga, chapter 99 was fantranslated recently. I like how how we have continously since chapter 96 all chapters named Team Nasu. First time we got a single name used so often in a row. Gives me hopes we will see them more often in the future as well. Perhaps Nasu will train Osamu and give him some tipps how to become a better shooter as Torimaru is not really a shooter himself and more of a gunner/attacker type. Or Izuho, Chika's friend, joins Team Nasu after Akane leaving the team due her family moving away. So or so it looks like Team Nasu won't be a one time thingie. They look good in the new anime OP as well.^^

As expected Murakami fought Kumagai and crushed her to get an easy point. Even with Kumagai fighting with all her spirit and determination and wish to achieve their dream to get their best ranking while they are still a complete team, it was simply not enough against Murakami's skill and power.
But damn, was that fight sweet!
I loved how flexible the Raygust shield is! How Murakami used it to split up as a hook and catcher of Kumagai's sword or using its thruster to push the meteors back to its shooter making Kumagai basically killing herself with her own weapon. And then he even noticed the trap she had left behind on his trigger seconds before she was blown to pieces! What quick thinking!!!

Tachikawa sounds cruel with his "feelings matter little in fights" but I agree with him that feelings or determination or morale only really comes in play when both sides are equal in strength, skill and strategy; otherwise the one who's stronger/more skillful/got the better plan will win against the more motivated one. Now only Nasu is left of their team. And she is up against 4 people and even though they all rank below her in points that is still no great situation to be in. Best of luck to her!

That said I can't wait to see Yuuma vs Murakami, an Ace 1-1 in a meaningful battle to get points for their team. Murakami knows that Yuuma hasn't shown everything he is capable off in their first fight but Yuuma is using weapons and Opttriggers Murakami is already used to/got lots of experience fighting against. So in that regards they evne out/Murakami has a slight advantage although the real deal is Yuuma having only one arm left thus less trion and one lim less to use Scorpion with whereas Murakami is unhurt so far. So if Yuuma got no good plan or hidden skills with him then he will most likely use to Murakami.

I hope Ashihara won't have too many hiatuse this year, I wanna see WT come out regulary and not be like HxH. :c
Old 2015-05-04, 16:50   Link #203
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Tachikawa sounds cruel with his "feelings matter little in fights" but I agree with him that feelings or determination or morale only really comes in play when both sides are equal in strength, skill and strategy; otherwise the one who's stronger/more skillful/got the better plan will win against the more motivated one. Now only Nasu is left of their team. And she is up against 4 people and even though they all rank below her in points that is still no great situation to be in. Best of luck to her!
I think the translation you refer to was missing a page, where Tachikawa explains he likes passionate fights, but if you say victory goes to the most motivated, then you imply the loser didn't care enough.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 17:25   Link #204
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think the translation you refer to was missing a page, where Tachikawa explains he likes passionate fights, but if you say victory goes to the most motivated, then you imply the loser didn't care enough.
Yeah, you're right, my bad, just seen the Version 2 update. Had a feeling something was missing but I couldn't quite put the finger on it. Tachikawa sounds way less cruel and far more understanding with this page. Also frustrated crying Kumagai adds a lot more to the passion in battle explanation of Tachikawa.
Old 2015-05-04, 23:45   Link #205
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another good chapter. Some interesting fighting going on at the other side. Osamu is doing a good job staying annoying and trying to keep this match balanced. It just shows how powerful the Ace on their side is that they need all these people in order to keep some level of control on the match.

Cheering for Yuuma to pull this off. I agree that it's a tough thing for him against someone that strong, but he does have experience and some memories on his side. Will just have to hope that's enough.
Old 2015-05-05, 14:12   Link #206
ChuckE
Provoker

That cheat ability is annoying
Old 2015-05-05, 15:59   Link #207
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What cheat ability?
Old 2015-05-05, 18:57   Link #208
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
What cheat ability?
I'm going to guess the sleep learning side effect. It certainly seem to be one of the most powerful of the side effects that we've seen so far. Telling the future is pretty amazing, being a living lie detector isn't bad either. But the ability to grow as fast as Yuuma's opponent can because of that side effect is pretty scary. I'm sure some of the people around him are pretty resentful and consider it almost cheating. Kind of like how people don't really like those in school that have photographic memories. They have to work harder to match up to those people and maybe never can.

It's a natural ability though so I wouldn't consider it cheating. Just that I'd probably be pretty frustrated and envious about him having that kind of side effect .
Old 2015-05-06, 01:41   Link #209
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think being a lie detector is all that useful. Especially in combat. It's come in handy several times outside of it, but in combat, you need enemies who talk too much, and aren't upfront about what they're going to do, and even then you won't know what they'll actually do
Old 2015-05-08, 19:47   Link #210
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

So translated 101,

Wow, Yuuma is pretty awesome . That was a great bit of tactics to get him the point. Hard to say if he can get back over to assist, but at the very least he got them the additional point and cleaned up the other side of the river. That was a great job and shows his ability to find a solution even to a very difficult opponent.

Now to see what Osamu can do on the other side. Whatever his plan is, he'll have to execute it perfectly. Right now they've got 2 points from this match, but hard to say if they can get the rest. All the leaders are left along with Chika to act as a cannon. Hard to say if Osamu can pull this off but I hope so.

Quote:
I don't think being a lie detector is all that useful. Especially in combat. It's come in handy several times outside of it, but in combat, you need enemies who talk too much, and aren't upfront about what they're going to do, and even then you won't know what they'll actually do
It may not be directly useful. But as I'm sure Kuga has learned, there's a lot of threats that are outside the battlefield. Not to mention there are enemies who are talkative. At the very least it can give away tactics which could pay off in a big way.
Old 2015-05-09, 15:18   Link #211
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if he can use the grasshopper underwater? That could be enough to allow him to cross. Though with only one arm and one leg, he might be better off just making his exit. Especially if he doesn't have a bagworm.
Old 2015-05-09, 16:26   Link #212
Krono

Quote:
Being a lie detector isn't useful in combat. It's a great thing to have when you're basically a traveling researcher/mercenary who routinely needs to negotiate with new people as you travel from world to world.

Quote:
I wonder if he can use the grasshopper underwater? That could be enough to allow him to cross. Though with only one arm and one leg, he might be better off just making his exit. Especially if he doesn't have a bagworm.
Just avoiding going out of bounds to get the survival point would be helpful.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:22   Link #213
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Just avoiding going out of bounds to get the survival point would be helpful.
There is no point for individual survival. There's two points for being the last team standing. So unless Yuma can actually help make that happen, it'd be better for him to exit and deny the other teams the point for his elimination.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:14   Link #214
James Rye

Quote:
Well, it came handy twice though, once against Miwa with the lie "the two of us" and another time against Viza "I have to deal with you quickly" lie. True, it is not all that useful in combat, but combat doesn't come alone, politics and such have their fingers in war too and BTs like Yuuma are so rare and useful they get called to high ranked meetings where being able to tell a lie from the truth would be pretty useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So translated 101,

Wow, Yuuma is pretty awesome . That was a great bit of tactics to get him the point. Hard to say if he can get back over to assist, but at the very least he got them the additional point and cleaned up the other side of the river. That was a great job and shows his ability to find a solution even to a very difficult opponent.

Now to see what Osamu can do on the other side. Whatever his plan is, he'll have to execute it perfectly. Right now they've got 2 points from this match, but hard to say if they can get the rest. All the leaders are left along with Chika to act as a cannon. Hard to say if Osamu can pull this off but I hope so.

It may not be directly useful. But as I'm sure Kuga has learned, there's a lot of threats that are outside the battlefield. Not to mention there are enemies who are talkative. At the very least it can give away tactics which could pay off in a big way.
Yuuma couldn't have done it alone though, big grats also goes to Osamu and Chika, Osamu for giving Chika the order to help Yuuma out instead of covering for him and Chika for blasting the bridge away. Else Murakami would have survived and then went on to the other side and that would have been the end of it.

Still an awesome plan, loved the creative idea to use grasshopper as a minefield instead of your usually escape/speed ability. <3
Didn't even thought of doing an underwater battle, thought Yuuma would try to push/hit Murakami into the water to come help Chika and Osamu, but doing that was way more awesome than anything I could have imagined in Yuuma's situation! Pretty sure Murakami didn't had that many underwater battles before in his career so this was a clear advantage to Yuuma who used his scorpion as fishfin and all that.

I hope Osamu/Chika manages to get a point, would love to see both get a point but that gonna be hard against Nasu. Kuruma is at this point a walking point for the taking, all his plans were made around Murakami who is no more, so I don't see him thinking up an emergency plan how he gonna win against Nasu, Osamu and Chika on his own with one arm and leg left to fight with. Probably gonna try to escape or somehting like that.

Osamu was thinking something on the lines of "Can I still make it?" so he does have a plan, just the question what kind of plan and if said plan will work/be a success. Too bad we have to wait another week for that and don't got to see the raw this week already.^^

Quote:
I don't think so. Trion is still an manifesting material you can put on abilities like in grasshopper's case that it makes you jump superquickly into the direction the trigger is facing. On surface the grasshopper would stay still mid-air for the couple seconds they are used, but in a strong river they could be swept away alongside Yuuma. Though it might work if he does a big minefield again to hit one or two of them to get catapulted outside the water where it would function normal. But with one arm and leg and probably running low on trion after that fight/many uses of his trigger abilities, I dunno how much he would be of help against Nasu/Kuruma.
Old 2015-05-09, 21:12   Link #215
p-kun

Quote:
Even with one arm and one leg, Yuuma is still useful as a bait, and probably more useful than Osamu in the frontline, given his agility with grasshopper.

Quote:
Osamu was thinking something on the lines of "Can I still make it?" so he does have a plan, just the question what kind of plan and if said plan will work/be a success.
I believe the line refers to Chika sniping the bridge and back tracking to support Osamu before Osamu gets killed. Nasu breaking the deadlock and crippling Suzunari before Chika came back was outside Osamu's plan. Now Nasu knows that Osamu is without sniper support and Osamu has to stay alive without protection from Suzunari's "cannon fodders" (using Izumi's language).
Old 2015-05-10, 05:22   Link #216
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Even with one arm and one leg, Yuuma is still useful as a bait, and probably more useful than Osamu in the frontline, given his agility with grasshopper.
It's going to be a mid-range fight, and we've never seen Yuma with a Border shooting trigger (I wonder why, though?) I don't think Nasu's going to be nice enough to let a crippled Yuma get close.
Old 2015-05-10, 05:59   Link #217
Toullaty

For now, they have the advantage with two point and all their members, but they can win only 2 points yet.
The other teams can win up to 5 points additionnal.

With his wounds, Yuma will be a easy target for a gunner with his loss of mobility and if he is defeated, it means one point for another team.
Making it more difficult to reach the first place in the match.
His best choice is to leave the match to preserve their lead.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 06:05   Link #218
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Plus, it goes with the theme of "they have to be able to fight even without him".
Old 2015-05-10, 06:09   Link #219
p-kun

Quote:
It's going to be a mid-range fight, and we've never seen Yuma with a Border shooting trigger (I wonder why, though?) I don't think Nasu's going to be nice enough to let a crippled Yuma get close.
In a mid range fight, clearly Nasu will win. Tamakoma needs to switch to long range fight (doubtful, given Chika's poor skill) or short range. Yuuma's time is limited anyway because of trion loss. He can distract Nasu or act as a bait. Considering Yuuma, he might last for a while and give Osamu opening to kill Nasu.
Old 2015-05-11, 17:40   Link #220
James Rye

I think 3 points might be enough to advance to rank 7 or 6, depending on how well those teams on said ranks did in their last/next match. So trying to get a third point by either taking down Nasu or Kuruma is needed and I think Kuruma is a much easier point for the taking than Nasu and I am pretty sure Nasu thinks so too. If she kills Kuruma, her team ties with Tamakoma and it is a show-down between herself and two rookies plus she takes away a possible point for Tamakoma 2. Also if she does not take down Kuruma and rather takes down osamu or Chika she risks that Kuruma somehow, by luck perhaps, manage to get a kill himself taking away a point she could have gotten himself.

So I think both Nasu and Osamu/Chika will hunt down the one arm and leg down Kuruma and then go for each other throats.

Ofc if Osamu/Chika manages to get one/two kills and have team victory they would leave this match with 5-6 points which surely will get them into the top tiers. But that would mean a nearly as good success as last match and there it was mostly Yuuma who got all the points and was acting as bait for the strong guys and such and he is missing now where only Nasu is left and neither Kuruma or Osamu can measure up to her in skill and power and trion ability. So I see it as possible that Osamu/Chika could fail and either Kuruma or Nasu is last guy/girl standing.
Still hoping for Osamu/Chika to get some points on their own though and somehow win this match though.^^

Tags
action, shounen stargate