AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-18, 00:57   Link #21
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I just watched the first ep, and I'm impressed.
I'm a huge Kodocha fan and it seems the makers of this anime were, too... the main character is similar in looks and personality to Sana like suguru said. Plus the gags are fast and over-the-top like Kodomo no Omocha. There's darker differences, though. The serious stuff has started a lot earlier, plus the
Spoiler:
was uncomfortable.

I really liked the jokes which referred to previous jokes and made you pay attention, especially the
Spoiler:
I think I'm going to be looking forward to more releases of this anime more than any other this season.

Anyone else see similarities to the characters in Hyperdolls? (Now THERE's an anime which doesnt' get talked about much.) ^_^

-k

curious

Last edited by Kempis Curious; 2004-11-18 at 00:57. Reason: typo
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 02:10   Link #22
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I just watched the first ep, and I'm impressed.
I'm a huge Kodocha fan and it seems the makers of this anime were, too... the main character is similar in looks and personality to Sana like suguru said. Plus the gags are fast and over-the-top like Kodomo no Omocha. There's darker differences, though. The serious stuff has started a lot earlier, plus the
Spoiler:
was uncomfortable.

I really liked the jokes which referred to previous jokes and made you pay attention, especially the
Spoiler:
I think I'm going to be looking forward to more releases of this anime more than any other this season.

Anyone else see similarities to the characters in Hyperdolls? (Now THERE's an anime which doesnt' get talked about much.) ^_^

-k

curious
I really liked this alot too. Was anyone else affected when
Spoiler:

Thank You Naisho for a great release and please keep it coming this is one I will definitely be watching.
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 02:27   Link #23
Hoshino Hikari
<3

I just finished watching episode1, OMG I LOOOVE IT! It's so cute and funny. ^__^; It reminds me of Kodocha alot.. *sigh* I really wish I could finish that series.. >< BUT ANYWAY. I love that guy who appeared at the end of the ep, Hyuuga Natsume. He is soo cool. Well.. >> I've seen pics and I like the looks of him. <3
I'm excited about ep2!
Hoshino Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 11:31   Link #24
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
...erm, so am i the only one who thinks that Mikan and Hotaru's relationship is a little questionable? I mean, Mikan's grampa mentions "unrequited love" at one point in the first episode, and they do act more like a couple anyway. Yeah, or maybe im just reading too much into this
Old 2004-11-18, 11:33   Link #25
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

You clearly have a dirty, dirty mind.

Nah, I picked up on that too. There's childhood friends...and then there's obsession. So either it's explicit, or we should both be singing the rorikon song.

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 11:47   Link #26
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
I'm afraid I have to agree with BonBon here. The grandpa is making a horrible joke which is why Mikan sighed and walked away more than likely ;P Besides, they're only 10. Kids at 10 hardly start thinking of love and such like that. Just really close childhood friends, don't start bringing yuri into this or I'll keel you >:F
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 12:01   Link #27
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Besides, they're only 10. Kids at 10 hardly start thinking of love and such like that. Just really close childhood friends, don't start bringing yuri into this or I'll keel you >:F

This is anime though. Love knows no age, species, or gender in the magical world of anime~ . Anyway, i doubte that the original intentions of the manga-ka were to make them seem like lovers. Intense freindship like this seems to be a uniquely asian aspect of life, so us ganji would more then likely misinterpate it as a romatic relationship. I mean, look at Hisa and Anita in R.O.D. the TV: not a gay couple, dispite what all the H doujins would have you believe~
Old 2004-11-18, 13:34   Link #28
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I really liked the jokes which referred to previous jokes and made you pay attention
I laughed out loud at that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
This is anime though. Love knows no age, species, or gender in the magical world of anime~ . Anyway, i doubte that the original intentions of the manga-ka were to make them seem like lovers. Intense freindship like this seems to be a uniquely asian aspect of life, so us ganji would more then likely misinterpate it as a romatic relationship. I mean, look at Hisa and Anita in R.O.D. the TV: not a gay couple, dispite what all the H doujins would have you believe~
Yeah, at first I was thinking oh no, it's Sakura and Tomoyo from CCS all over again, and Mikan's going to bust out the camcorder any minute. But once I watched the whole episode, it's not like that--they really seem more like best friends (not that this will deter doujinshi authors). I'm hoping there's a love interest (well, in a 3rd grade way) for Mikan, maybe the kid from the end of the episode--but I guess we'll see.

This show really does an awesome job going from emotional moments to insane comedy and back again smoothly--I don't think I've seen a show since Kodocha that does that this well (or even tries to). Next episode with the academy coming into play maybe it'll be more Kodocha-meets-Harry-Potter. I hope it keeps as many laugh out loud moments as it's had so far though.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 14:24   Link #29
Blaat

Love the show

For some reason the main character reminds me of Yumi from Maria-sama ga Miteru and Sana from Kodocha I wonder why?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 17:43   Link #30
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Very weird school, this could be a lot of fun. Good 1st episode.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 18:31   Link #31
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

If this anime were any cuter I think I would have to exterminate it for the good of the world in general.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 18:57   Link #32
guess

Now I have one more show to follow this season. Of course, I love this show. It's just so cute. I like it even more than School Rumble now.
Is this series going to be licensed? I know that shoujo anime tend not to get licensed AT ALL. Doremi is not licensed. Kodomo no Omocha is not licensed, either. They are all very well known shoujo anime.

Does anyone here think that Hotaru is rather cold to Mikan?
Old 2004-11-18, 19:20   Link #33
bluemist
i am the mist

Kodomo no Omocha is already licensed, and I think Doremi is too, so there are real chances for shoujo anime to be licensed especially nowadays.
Old 2004-11-18, 19:20   Link #34
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
lDoremi is not licensed. Kodomo no Omocha is not licensed, either. They are all very well known shoujo anime.

actually, thier both liscensed. Doremi belongs to 4kids now, while Kodocha belongs to Funimation.~

edit: gah, somone beat me to it
Old 2004-11-18, 20:12   Link #35
Elfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Is this series going to be licensed? I know that shoujo anime tend not to get licensed AT ALL. Doremi is not licensed. Kodomo no Omocha is not licensed, either. They are all very well known shoujo anime.
Chances for shoujo being licensed these days is increasing. Azumanga is similar, doing well, and just finishing up. Viz is planning some shoujo manga monthly publication. Non-musical shoujo is relatively inexpensive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Gakuen Alice licensed within a year.
Elfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 20:37   Link #36
Shenlong

Quote:
Spoiler:

-k

curious
Spoiler:
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 00:59   Link #37
JediNight
キズランダム

I think its kinda creepy Mikan would choose to go to Gakuen Alice after hearing about you not being able to see anyone outside of the school until you graduate. She knows its a virtual-prison and only thinks of the short-term wanting to be able to see Hotaru o.o

Other thing that I kinda dislike is that Hotaru is pretty androgynous ... in the screenshots the only reason I knew Hotaru was a girl was bc of the picture of their singing duet lol >.>
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 05:11   Link #38
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Man, this really made my day! ^-^
Thx Naisho for subbing this great first ep =D

Like alot of others, this really reminds me of Kodomo no Omocha and I think I'll be sticking with this series untill the end, man I can't wait for episode2! xD
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 22:43   Link #39
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlong
Spoiler:
Whoa, I missed that one, I'll have to go watch it again. Darn.

Edit: Watched it again.

Nah. That gorilla wasn.............
oh crap! I just figured it out as I was typing that above!
Holy smack that WAS a funny joke! Oh my gawd it almost went over my head.

-k

Last edited by Kempis Curious; 2004-11-19 at 23:00.
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 10:11   Link #40
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
If this anime were any cuter I think I would have to exterminate it for the good of the world in general.
Even if it were cuter it wouldn't be a threat to the world
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo