AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 00:04   Link #2561
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
.... to wear pants (boy's, since it was a co-ed) at least with my winter uniform.
*draws something on the ground..sniff sniff... How cruel...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:09   Link #2562
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
*Puts a choker on SaintessHeart*

Really, stop being a pervert all the time!
Why do I visualize Momiji from Binbougami da! putting the leech on the dog-god? (as in, don't you realize he likes to be abused ^^; )
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:10   Link #2563
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

I am not a pervert! I am just being nice!
Quote:
Apparently they're used to it. I've always hated skirts myself, so I kept it at regulation length and actually got permission in my middle school days (when I was in Korea) to wear pants (boy's, since it was a co-ed) at least with my winter uniform.
Interestingly, through my high school days, the female students have petitioned to change from skirts to pants. Apparently there is is a significant number of girls who don't like to wear skirts, but is constantly rebuked in Asian societies because it is seen as "improper". I don't see how improper that is anyway.

For me, I don't see any problem with girls wearing pants because there is always something to see.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:12   Link #2564
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't see how improper that is anyway.
It's more about using the comfort room.

Girls wearing pants and boys have long pants.. *smiles on a corner... hehehehe
Old 2012-11-30, 00:16   Link #2565
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I never been in Japanese. Just from source photos I kept...
You've got roughly the same chance of running into short skirts as you do with long skirts.

The idea that they're all short shirts is nothing but an illusion -_-

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Why do I visualize Momiji from Binbougami da! putting the leech on the dog-god? (as in, don't you realize he likes to be abused ^^; )

I see it as Shizuku putting the collar on Haru from, the Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun OP.

Don't know why I think she's secretly watching that show...

Quote:
Apparently they're used to it. I've always hated skirts myself, so I kept it at regulation length and actually got permission in my middle school days (when I was in Korea) to wear pants (boy's, since it was a co-ed) at least with my winter uniform.
Yes indeed, a tragic flaw in an otherwise brilliant character...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:23   Link #2566
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I see it as Shizuku putting the collar on Haru from, the Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun OP.

Don't know why I think she's secretly watching that show...
1. Don't have time for that nowadays.
2. Secretly? People already know I watched the first few episodes.

Quote:
Yes indeed, a tragic flaw in an otherwise brilliant character...
No, you're not going to get me to wear black stockings by making me feel pity for you.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:25   Link #2567
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
I wish I could help roll up those skirts - *gets choked by a pair of legs*

Although it is beyond me why girls enjoy wearing such short skirts. Even during cold weather.
It's just for the looks, there's a saying in Cantonese: "Beauty over Life"

I and my old friend respectively have asked females about short skirts and exposed mid drifts during cold weather. In response to the skirts: "Well, your legs get numb so you don't feel it anyways.."

My friend asked, "With an exposed stomache in windy and cold weather, don't you always get diarrhea!?"
"Ew!" <smack> "We get used to it.."
"Then you must have like reptile skin then don't you..?"
<smack>

The outlook is breezy..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:26   Link #2568
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It would be interesting to see Sume-nee dressed in a maid costume and kneesocks and running the floor of a maid nabe restaurant as the kaichou.

*runs*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-30, 00:28   Link #2569
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
1. Don't have time for that nowadays.
2. Secretly? People already know I watched the first few episodes.
Yeah, for some reason I keep thinking it's a secret... More appealing I guess.

Quote:
No, you're not going to get me to wear black stockings by making me feel pity for you.
I'm willing to compromise for a middle ground...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:03   Link #2570
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
[b]
Oh and just for fun, what do Japanese teenagers think of America and the English language?
No one cares, like the majority of the kids in your country doesn't care about things happening outside of their own social life. Do you really think Japanese high school kids caring about some Texan dullard (read: Pres. Bush) ? Do you really think American high school kids caring about some Japanese dude with funky hairdo (read: PM Koizumi)? Same thing.
Incorrect. A lot of Japanese Teenagers like America, like the pop stuff you see on tv, american popular culture etc. so much so that it`s suprising. Of coruse no teenager realy cares abotu POLITICS (which wasn`t what the op asked anyway)

They think the English language is "Cool" but rediculously hard. . . and only really smart people learn/know it (this is true from any age until like...45 haha)

all the other questions, I never really cared to ask, although the kimono/yukata thing, a lot of people wear them on Sunday and go to tea ceremonies either by themselves or with their (small) children I have never met anyone else that was intrested in tea ceremonies. . .or they`ve never talked to me about it because I probably wouldnt be interested in it (which I`m not)

cats? lots of people like cats lol
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:08   Link #2571
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
cats? lots of people like cats lol
I got a cat she's around 18 years and quite young at heart.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:16   Link #2572
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
It would be interesting to see Sume-nee dressed in a maid costume and kneesocks and running the floor of a maid nabe restaurant as the kaichou.

*runs*
Stop reminding me of the time I cosplayed as Emma for a day.

*Puts on her police uniform and arrests SaintessHeart*

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason I keep thinking it's a secret... More appealing I guess.
What kind of fetish do you have

Quote:
I'm willing to compromise for a middle ground...
Nein.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:21   Link #2573
LeoXiao
思想工作

I never understood the appeal of the maid outfit. It's too tacky for my tastes, with all sorts of useless clutter and embroidery on it. I prefer other kinds of uniforms like the educational varieties (ohmygod the girls in london...) because they are made to look good without being superfluous. A maid is a maid, not a princess. And even most royalty clothing looks stupid to me.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2014-01-13 at 11:23.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:23   Link #2574
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I never understood the appeal of the maid outfit. It's too tacky for my tastes, with all sorts of useless clutter and embroidery on it. I prefer other kinds of uniforms like the educational varieties (ohmygod the girls in london...) because they are made to look good without being superfluous. A maid is a maid, not a princess. And even most royalty clothing looks stupid to me.
I still go for the highschool uniform with short skirts, white high socks and black shoes.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:26   Link #2575
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I still go for the highschool uniform with short skirts, white high socks and black shoes.
I'd agree with you except for some reason I like skirts to be slightly longer, and for socks to be black.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:26   Link #2576
CJ_Walker

Quote:
short skirts in winter.

thats about half right, They get used to it from elementary school, when I`ve seen the kids have to sit out side for p.e. in nothing but some short sleeve shirts and short shorts and a little red cap...in the middle of January...everyday. sometimes I thought that the adults were torturing the kids on purpose.

so yeah they get used to it BUT. . .the girls who wear those short skirts in the middle of freaking winter also have large heating pads wrapped around their waists under their shirts(its really unnoticable), I think they are called Hokairo (at least thats what the small ones for your hands are called. . .but I`ve never bought either), anyway that helps them keep warm, along with the muffler etc.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:29   Link #2577
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'd agree with you except for some reason I like skirts to be slightly longer, and for socks to be black.
Ok, but white is cute and black is hot...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-30, 01:32   Link #2578
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
5 Things Nobody Tells You About Living in Japan:

See:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20118...-in-japan.html
Read this article, some of the stuff sounds familiar to what my parents had to say about living in the place. The "no heat in winter" thing reminds me of the place I myself grew up, total hell if you aren't prepared to wear multiple layers on every part of your body.

Quote:
Ok, but white is cute and black is hot...
I'm okay with white socks but if they are long... then it looks like the girl has injured her feet and that's not so good...
Old 2012-11-30, 03:05   Link #2579
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

hmmm i wonder how sume look in police unifrom

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 04:09   Link #2580
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

You should totally work at a cosplay cafe as its manager. You are tough enough to talk down misbehaving customers, charming enough to maintain a personality to attract the girls and traps working there, strict enough to enforce the working rules and well-connected to help the place gain publicity. And flat enough to be the establishment's status symbol.

Speaking of which, how does actually one go through a business process to open an establishment or buy land in Japan? What are the norms in their idea of a business deal?

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture