AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-06-02, 00:34   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 828 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler's here! Credit goes to various AP members such as YonkouProductions, Redon, etc.:

-Chapter title is "1 and 2". Splash page features the mermaid princess, Shirahoshi.

-Luffy and co. continue to hang out with Pudding. During their talk, she reveals that Big Mom has 39 daughters, 46 sons, and 43 husbands. Interestingly, Pudding also mentions that one of her older sisters left home to find a husband (possibly referring to Lola). She also says she met Sanji, and remembers him as a pretty nice person. However, she also reveals that he turned her down for the sake of his companions, which COMPLETELY shocks Luffy and co.! Before they leave, Pudding draws a path to Whole Cake Island that will help the gang to journey through Big Mom's territory unnoticed.

-Later, when Luffy and co. return to the Sunny, they notice that Pekoms is gone, and discover a message written on the bathroom walls that simply say "go back". Then, near the end of the chapter, we shift to another NW island, where both of Sanji's older brothers make their appearance:

Spoiler for 828:

^They just get finished fighting a two-year war, and eliminate who seems to be the enemy commander. Now they, too, are going to make their way to their younger brother's wedding....

...Damn. Big Mama must have gotten reeeeal busy in her younger days, lol. At least, I don't think this is a family in name only like with the Whitebeard crew, what with the number of husbands and all....

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-06-02 at 15:52.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 01:03   Link #2
Rainbowman

Big Mom must have had feminine beauty while pregnant before losing it all much like Kokoro.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 01:33   Link #3
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So, if your a big shot are you allowed to have Marry your entire harem? Or did she just divorce that many men over her years of living

Maybe she ate a devil fruit that has men want to mate with her

Wonder who wrote that on the ship? Jinbei? Or did Sanji sneak away to warn them?

And more of Sanji's family is introduced, this really is the year of Sanji

I wonder who hey'll end up fighting in this arc? His dad? I don't think hey'll be staying with his family, that would be a way for Sanji to get his dad's permission and respect if he won or is on even grounds with him. I hope Sanji gets some good fights. Luffy will fight some one in Big Moms peoples of course I'm sure.

Break? Flipping breaks! Whelp, I guess at least it's been a while since we've had one

I wonder if this arc will end with one of Big Moms daughters wanting to marry Luffy? Now that'd be a hilarious way for this arc to end.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 06:44   Link #4
Tormenk

*scratches head*

I'm more intrigued by the idea of just how long Big Mom has been around to grow her family by that many people. She would will be well around 100 years old by now and she shows no signs of kicking the bucket. Her amazing vitality is one point but she's bound to be one of the oldest pirates around as well. Just what does she know or have seen from sticking around for so long?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 07:03   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Come to think of something, the 2nd brother was just like Jet from Cyborg 009 for the hairstyle itself. Maybe he was excels at the air combat?

@Tormenk

We even doesn't know what is her age and who knows that she may have more than just two or three children which makes me thinking on every child, could it be they are all twins or maybe more than that!?
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 08:15   Link #6
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haha, this part was awesome!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Interestingly, Pudding also mentions that one of her older sisters left home to find a husband (possibly referring to Lola).
I didn't notice this until I re-read the chapter, but it's definitely about Lola - that's why the next panel is of Nami looking like this reminds her of someone.

Last edited by Trax; 2016-06-02 at 10:00.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 08:24   Link #7
Ultragunner

hm....Pudding doesn't strike me as a super strong individual that one would expect from one of Big Mom's daughters

Is she perhaps playing the dumb game here?

But yeah, how the heck can someone be Big Mom's "husband"? I can't even begin to imagine it
Old 2016-06-02, 09:00   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

truly a Big Mom.... so it is not because of her size but also..... oh okay

uuhh Pudding sounds so fishy... I seriously didn't mind to have a cliche romantic arc in One Piece
A betrayal by Pudding might fix Carrot position for next crew.. I won't let my Pudding ship sunk

Sanji seems had another two nasty brothers...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 10:05   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

85 kids? Just... HOW?

Pudding truly is a sweetheart. I couldn't believe Sanji turned her down either. Despite his womanizing ways, he does care about his friends above everything else. Still, that was stupid of him. He should have asked her to come with him instead! PUDDING FOR NAKAMA AND SANJI'S WIFE!!
Old 2016-06-02, 10:20   Link #10
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

well, there are triple birth, if that happen to her it would take less than 30 years

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 11:13   Link #11
Blaat

Doesn't look like Pudding doesn't know how to fight, that pretty much excludes Pudding from being a nakama.

I'm rather curious on when has Pudding met Sanji, was it during the timeskip? And was it really Sanji? It could have been one of his brothers or that poster "look alike dude".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
85 kids? Just... HOW?
I'm assuming her gestation is a lot shorter than that of an average human being.
Old 2016-06-02, 11:33   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Doesn't look like Pudding doesn't know how to fight, that pretty much excludes Pudding from being a nakama.

I'm rather curious on when has Pudding met Sanji, was it during the timeskip? And was it really Sanji? It could have been one of his brothers or that poster "look alike dude".
I'm assuming her gestation is a lot shorter than that of an average human being.
it isn't like most of the Strawhat Pirates could fight before the timeskip though
Remember those weakling trio+Brook?
no problem... she is one of big shot in Big Moms crew... if somehow she really have third eye behind those bangs, it is probably her power
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 11:36   Link #13
necrolyte

Well for someone to have so many children really sounds stupid even for OP's standarts where everything is possible Other than that this chapter is pretty funny and it seems that we can expect a lot of fights from this arc.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 12:22   Link #14
Gilly

Pekoms is gone, and there's a message left in the toilet. Did Pekoms write it and then went off somewhere? Why? It's a mystery. I love me some mysteries. Let's see how it plays out.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 12:46   Link #15
The Small One

Big Mom probably has a DF that allows her to shorten the pregnancy. For a normal human anything else seems strange.
On the other hand, didn't Ace's mother delay the birth by willpower? Maybe it also works the other way round.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 14:35   Link #16
Wandering Soul

Big Mom truly deserves that name.

Pudding seems like such a sweet girl. Sanji truly showed how much the crew mattered to him by turning her down.
Old 2016-06-02, 15:56   Link #17
marvelB

Alright, as usual, added a few extra details to the summary now that the chapter's out! Luffy and co.'s reaction to Sanji rejecting Pudding was priceless, lol. Also, this chapter pretty much confirms what I said a few times before about Germa 66 being a band of mercenaries, NOT "assassins" as the earlier MS translation said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
*scratches head*

I'm more intrigued by the idea of just how long Big Mom has been around to grow her family by that many people. She would will be well around 100 years old by now and she shows no signs of kicking the bucket. Her amazing vitality is one point but she's bound to be one of the oldest pirates around as well. Just what does she know or have seen from sticking around for so long?

If Big Mama's a giant (or even half-giant), then it's not at all far-fetched to consider she's old enough to produce such a large family. Guess some folks missed it, but Oda mentioned a few times in the past (both in the SBS and in the series itself) that giants can live up to 300 years.... which would be more than enough time for Mama to become such a.... well, big mama!
Old 2016-06-02, 17:02   Link #18
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Pudding is lying out of her ass. SO many suspicious things going on about her. She described Sanji's Wanted Poster, she's never met the guy. The timing is way off. Sanji had only just arrived at WCI yet the damn distance wouldn't allow that, takes almost two days to get there or so.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 17:03   Link #19
noktown

Big Mom could have given birth to a bunch of them at the same time. And I don't trust Pudding, she seems too sweet.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 18:49   Link #20
marvelB

As far as Pudding goes.... well, I certainly wouldn't deny that there's something suspicious about her, but as far as her supposed meeting with Sanji goes..... personally, I don't think that was a complete lie. At the very least, the thing about Sanji rejecting her for the sake of his crew sounds pretty darned genuine to me. Maybe it's possible that they still haven't met face-to-face yet, but talked to each other through den den mushi or something instead. And at the very least, they'd both know what each other looks like due to the bounty poster for Sanji, and the photo of Pudding that Vito had a few chapters back, so for the time being that could provide an alibi of sorts for Pudding if she's indeed lying. But that being said, I still wouldn't go far as to take her hostage like Pedro was about to do, lol.