AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-15, 09:34   Link #1
*~Farf@lla~*

AO or AR

For Prince of Tennis, AnimeOtakus isn't gonna sub anymore? Is AnimeRevolution taking place?
Old 2004-11-15, 10:31   Link #2
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
No, AR are a FAKE subtitling group that decided to jump in and sub the series on their own (starting at random episode numbers) just because AO was not speed subbing fast enough for them:

"OMG, TEH AO ARE NOT RELEAS0RING 5 EPZ A DAY, LET US SPEED SUBz0R IT OURSELVES WITHOIUT EVEN OFFERING HELP TO AO!!!"

I think it's fair enough subbing what you want to sub, but it just pisses me off to see AO's 100+ episodes, and AR just jumping in and fansubbing the current episodes...
So, AO for me, thank you very much.
Old 2004-11-15, 15:27   Link #3
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
No, AR are a FAKE subtitling group that decided to jump in and sub the series on their own (starting at random episode numbers) just because AO was not speed subbing fast enough for them:

"OMG, TEH AO ARE NOT RELEAS0RING 5 EPZ A DAY, LET US SPEED SUBz0R IT OURSELVES WITHOIUT EVEN OFFERING HELP TO AO!!!"

I think it's fair enough subbing what you want to sub, but it just pisses me off to see AO's 100+ episodes, and AR just jumping in and fansubbing the current episodes...
So, AO for me, thank you very much.

Anime-Otakus is where to go.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2004-11-15, 16:23   Link #4
iluid

Yeah, stick with A-O. A-O tends to release in spurts, they often don't release for 2 weeks or so, then release 3 eps in a week, but they most certainly didn't stop (135 came out like 4 days ago). It looks like AR is planning their releases just to spite AO. They subbed 129, skipped 130-133, then suddenly released 134 the day after AO did 133. Seems to me like they just want to get leehers and piss off A-O.

And even if that type of stuff doesn't bother you, A-O is still the way to go. I did actually watch 129 from AR to see what it was like, and A-O has a clear quality advantage in all areas.
Old 2004-11-15, 21:29   Link #5
mattheus123

lol i see another potential flaming. Dont ask people of which group is better just go download both and see for yourself. To keep it simple anime-otakus is still doing prince of tennis. i dunno about animerevolution.

Too harsh on your word ppl. AR fansub spends time translating and doing all those work, if you dont know how hard it is then dont flame them. Try putting yourself in their shoes, they love pot so much that they fansub it themselves and share with others. So
Old 2004-11-15, 22:22   Link #6
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattheus123
Too harsh on your word ppl. AR fansub spends time translating and doing all those work, if you dont know how hard it is then dont flame them. Try putting yourself in their shoes, they love pot so much that they fansub it themselves and share with others. So
Then YOU need to try and put yourself in the boots of AO.
How do you think they feel having another group jump in and start doing their job for them?
I mean, it's not like AR, out of love for PoT, have started subbing it from the start. No, they've started subbing it in places where AO "left off" (I mean, they've been delayed - for any number of reasons), or haven't subbed (eg, AR are fansubbing the episodes later in the series - the ones being aired most recently). They could have done this for any number of reasons - but the obvious one is to satisfy the leachers who want more PoT asap, and generally, in the fansub circles, this is becoming increasingly disrespectful.
I wouldn't have minded AS MUCH if they'd picked up where AO were delayed at a point and fansubbed from there: eg, AO was delayed at episode 100 for a while, so they picked up from episode 100 and then fansubbed it from there; but the fact of the matter is, they're just jumping around - seemingly to stay ahead of where AO are getting slow. And, in my opinion, that is down-right disgusting.

Again, one should fansub whatever they like. But, then-again, if you're fansubbing and releasing to the public for free, you incite public opinion, and that's also as free as a fansub can ever be... ^^
Old 2004-11-15, 23:01   Link #7
Sairai_X

What's a "fake fansubbing group?"
Old 2004-11-16, 17:21   Link #8
JediNight
キズランダム

mattheus: To do the type of job that AR does actually doesn't take all that much work ;p It is obviously a bandwagon group thats spite-subbing bc they are annoyed they can't get 0-day releases of PoT. It's the same thing like NEF Vandread2, all the groups that jump in on Naruto, Anime-Kingdom starting the bandwagon craze in Gundam Seed around ep36, etc. They can obviously do what they want, but its disrespectful to the unwritten rules in fansubbing and not fansubbing for the right reasons at all.
Old 2004-11-17, 06:14   Link #9
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
mattheus: To do the type of job that AR does actually doesn't take all that much work ;p It is obviously a bandwagon group thats spite-subbing bc they are annoyed they can't get 0-day releases of PoT. It's the same thing like NEF Vandread2, all the groups that jump in on Naruto, Anime-Kingdom starting the bandwagon craze in Gundam Seed around ep36, etc. They can obviously do what they want, but its disrespectful to the unwritten rules in fansubbing and not fansubbing for the right reasons at all.
Yes i agree, but if we look back many groups started where others left of when the group doing it before them stoped,
Well this is not the case here and AR seems to be jumping around in episodes not even trying to follow up from the ep they started but always trying to be one step ahead of A-O even if they miss a ep here and there, wich i think is very disrespectful.
Thinking back on the whole Anime-Kingdom thing i can agree that what they did was disrespectful, but back when seed aired there was few choices for following currently aired episodes and i guess we could say Akingdom was a good choice to Anime-Junkies, though i do not think that it was exactly ethical.
Well groups can change later on they did fumoffu from start to end.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2004-11-17, 23:31   Link #10
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

if it still matters
A-O is alive and well
Old 2004-11-17, 23:53   Link #11
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin56
if it still matters
A-O is alive and well
Course it matters

A-O is the only place to get Prince of Tenice. As far as this anime goes its one of my faves and has long since taken the place of Naruto (whicgh was trashed)
Old 2004-11-18, 12:27   Link #12
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Course it matters

A-O is the only place to get Prince of Tenice. As far as this anime goes its one of my faves and has long since taken the place of Naruto (whicgh was trashed)

stop dissing ar, they do a good job.
Old 2004-11-18, 13:00   Link #13
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
stop dissing ar, they do a good job.
Try reading the thread before clicking "submit reply"...
Old 2004-11-18, 13:56   Link #14
deathmx

Hmm.. i guess you guys dont know the definition of a fake fan subbing group. A fake fan subbing group is one that doesnt translate and changes words around. Yes now that is fake. also Animerevolution is not trying to take over ao in any way they are just releasing eps for you to view.. it doesnt matter if you keep them or not. its for your viewing pleasure.. Not only that they did offer to help ao and were declined. Ao wants to do it all thier selves. So animerevolution thought they would help out a little and give people a little preview. They are not trying to take over nor compete. So you guys are wasting your time hating .
Old 2004-11-18, 15:10   Link #15
JediNight
キズランダム

A preview lol.... because people couldn't possibly wait a couple more days right?
Old 2004-11-18, 15:59   Link #16
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmx
Not only that they did offer to help ao and were declined. Ao wants to do it all thier selves. So animerevolution thought they would help out a little and give people a little preview. They are not trying to take over nor compete. So you guys are wasting your time hating .
I've heard of people offering help to slow-ass fansub groups many times before, and they do mostly turn down the offers.
However, as I've said, what AR are doing, you could perhaps call a "preview", but the way they jump around is completely disrespectful to AO's efforts.
Old 2004-11-18, 16:24   Link #17
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmx
Not only that they did offer to help ao and were declined. Ao wants to do it all thier selves. So animerevolution thought they would help out a little and give people a little preview. They are not trying to take over nor compete. So you guys are wasting your time hating .
I'm staff, and i havent heard a thing about people offering us help O_O
Old 2004-11-18, 17:04   Link #18
deathmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
I've heard of people offering help to slow-ass fansub groups many times before, and they do mostly turn down the offers.
However, as I've said, what AR are doing, you could perhaps call a "preview", but the way they jump around is completely disrespectful to AO's efforts.
how so..? it just gives people a chance to watch it? THey don't have to download it if they do not want to. Animerevolution is a fan of ao btw. Also the higher up translated eps were started for the more recent people who have been keeping up with the raws.. There was alot of people watching the raws because it was too slow although they know no japanese lol. People can download what they want or just wait to watch it when they want. I bet alot of the same people download ao version of it as well to add to the collection.
Old 2004-11-18, 17:10   Link #19
deathmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
A preview lol.... because people couldn't possibly wait a couple more days right?

Waiting a couple days can be harder then you think lol. There is probably alot of people who would agree.
Closed Thread