AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 23:20   Link #10541
Kefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Well, most anime/ manga end like that, so it's not surprising. Nothing we can do about it.
Most manga certainly do not end like this. Canceled manga end like this.

A lot of anime end with open endings because they are adaptations of unfinished (i.e. currently running) manga or light novel series. This issue doesn't apply to original serialized manga.

Last edited by Kefit; 2013-06-18 at 23:58.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:25   Link #10542
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
Spoiler:

Looks like Kami ended this in such a way that it can be continued effortlessly, but also so that if need be it can stand on its own if you cross your eyes and hit yourself in the head with a hammer a couple of times. And judging by the fact that Ultra Jump's site has announced v16 as the final volume, and that this requires v16 to be 1.5x the length of a standard tank, I think it's safe to say that Needless isn't continuing in Ultra Jump any time soon.

With any luck Kami still has enough rights to his work to take Needless 2 to another publisher. It definitely feels like he's been unceremoniously booted from Ultra Jump, and it would be a damn shame for him and his fans if he wasn't able to continue and properly finish what has basically become his life's work.

Don't let us down Kami!
Yeah, I've had that feeling in the back of my mind since the mid-100s, especially since everything started to feel rushed with the story, the fights, and how much stuff happened off-screen and rather quite abruptly. Not only that, I was expecting the series to reach the 10 year mark this Autumn rather than ending this month, but I guess that's what happens when 3 new manga are starting up and 2 old ones, 2 of the oldest in UJ, end this month.

It became more and more of a real possibility when I found out that UJ was having another manga take the cover for this month's issue whereas Needless (and Hayate x Blade) were ending. You figured they'd make a bigger deal about these like they did with Chapter 100, but no, I guess it isn't.

I think the clincher was with that final line saying 今井先生の次回作にご期待ください!!, or roughly "look forward to Kami's next series!". It doesn't make any sense that UJ would have that there unless Imai Kami's next series was still going to be in UJ. Why? Because it would've said, look for the continuation of Needless after a break or something.

Also, no new information about Needless in the next issue besides maybe the Needless History article is a bit of a downer on top of everything.

Guess it'll be a waiting game for a while till we get any news.
Old 2013-06-18, 23:51   Link #10543
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
Most manga certainly do not end like this. Canceled manga end like this.

A lot of anime end with open endings because they are adaptations of unfinished (i.e. currently running) manga or light novel series. This issue doesn't apply to original serialized manga.
Ahh! You're right, sorry, sorry. I remember reading a manga called The Emerging Kingdom of Mismarca, and it ended openly because it got cancelled. The series was based on the light novel of the same name though.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-06-19 at 10:54.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:27   Link #10544
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Ever since Saten was confirmed to be AA, his Fourth/Fifth/Sixth Wave should not be his original power? Since he is Adam series, he must have learned it from another Needless and killed him so the clone AA did not suspect it was a copied power?

Adam series start with Zero and Doppelgänger only.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 02:28   Link #10545
Xiammes

Its probably just his favorite power.
Old 2013-06-19, 04:07   Link #10546
Homura7

Technically, even if the titles may be almost identical, it's still a new series because it starts from volume 1 again, so what the preview from the magazine says is accurate.

Also I get the feeling Needless 2 will start exactly where Needless 1.5 ended. Why, to leave the readers wondering about whatever happened 2 years after Needless. You know, sorta like how Needless began, that we didn't find about the origins of Blade & Eve till almost the middle part of the series. This time instead we'll try to find an answer to Adam N. becoming the one from Needless 1.5 as opposed to her current personality that is Eve's body buildup + Blade's arrogance, whereas in Needless 1.5 she's gentle and caring and calls herself "Adam Neuschwanstein", and also her memory is quite messed up.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 07:13   Link #10547
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

-- Winston Churchill
Old 2013-06-19, 10:01   Link #10548
thor94

Spoiler for spoiler:
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:57   Link #10549
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

-- Winston Churchill
Nice quote, it fits perfectly.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:00   Link #10550
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
His aegis is the only power that can block an angels' attack. So don't belittle it.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:08   Link #10551
Homura7

Without Yamada's Aegis Shield, Blade would have end up being destroyed by the angel. Is that miscalculation of Saten and Gido what allowed them to turn the tables.

I hope it won't take long before the second part starts. The anticipation is killing me by the minute.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:48   Link #10552
wcthesecret

I just hope we get male Cruz back.
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:53   Link #10553
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
i just hope we get male cruz back.
not a chance!!
Old 2013-06-19, 13:17   Link #10554
Avvesione

I haven't gotten my copy of Ultra Jump yet, but it looks like there is an announcement that Imai Kami is beginning a new project in 2014 in UJ.

Here's the link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/s...58964107026432

So yeah, that was quick.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:01   Link #10555
Homura7

Thanks for the info, Avvesione.

Oh god, a 6 month break, my body won't resist it...!!

But hey, he has won himself a well deserved vacation.

Is either gonna begin before 1.5 or a few months or a year after. Since Imai is known for leave misteries hanging out for years, I choose the second option.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:21   Link #10556
Kurohane

Yeah, thanks for the info Avvesione. I don't know how much more free time Imai-san will have. He has another series running also.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:32   Link #10557
Xiammes

I hope he redoes the Needless 0 chapters and 1.5 chapter correcting any changes he wants to make in the meantime.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:42   Link #10558
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
I hope he redoes the Needless 0 chapters and 1.5 chapter correcting any changes he wants to make in the meantime.
The Ice fragment of that monk will turn out to be of a lower level than Strom's. There.

Apart of this I don't think it needs any other changes.
Old 2013-06-19, 16:30   Link #10559
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by k. Shiruto View Post
not a chance!! :d
...pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 19:13   Link #10560
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
...pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll have Cain in the second half. Cain also wears boy clothes.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen