Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-02, 23:57   Link #1
FMP_FANATIC

Smile Good Anime..

Hey all,

I'm new at this so please bare with me, nicely correct me on any mistakes I may make Please =]. Okay back to the point, I absolutley love anime, but recently I can't find a new one to get into, which is how I found this site on my search, So can anyone recomend anything please. I'm pretty open minded about them, but I would like to add some of the Anime's that I enjoy.. Full Metal Panic(All Time Favv) Elfen Lied, Suzuka, Naruto, Samurai Champloo. There are proably more but I my brain isn't functioning properly =/. So yeah help please??
Old 2008-11-03, 00:15   Link #2
FMP_FANATIC

Forgive me, I must add this also.. Not a necessity, but would be a nice addition. I'm not sure how to word this, but "Growth in Character" Like in Full Metal Panic, how Kaname didn't really like Souske, but as the series went on, it was clear that she really did, another example is How Yamato and Suzuka are in "Suzuka." Ok that's it!
Old 2008-11-03, 00:24   Link #3
Dream
working...

Deathnote has relative good character development (despite the fact its hard to tell the time lapse)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann does wonderful on character development as well.

School Rumble is relatively similar to FMP. in terms of genre/style.

These are really famous series, you should definitely watch it, if you haven't yet.
Old 2008-11-03, 00:28   Link #4
williamaugustus
*Author

Bleach- major hit. love or hate. worth a try
One Piece- not my personal fav but alot of people like it
Air Gear- you might like it
Claymore- great series until the very end, where it is awful. but great series non the less.
Full Metal Alchemist- another really great series if you like that sort of thing.
Blood+- lots of growth which is what you are looking for.
Old 2008-11-03, 01:08   Link #5
Shadow Kira01

I don't watch some of these, but considering what you like, these might suit you:

Gintama
Himawari!!
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
One Piece
Zegapain
Old 2008-11-03, 18:53   Link #6
blewin

Eureka Seven - comedy+romance+action and yes, plenty of character development for the main characters as well as a comparable older character.

Full Metal Alchemist - (seconded!) similar to E7 in characters growing up, great animation, unique music and deep storyline. You won't regret watching this either.

Zegapain - (again, seconded!) must watch till ep 4 to get some idea of what the story's about. Deeply mysterious and surprising. Quite an emotional ride! but with a hopeful ending.

Hunter x Hunter - you might really like this as a Naruto fan. Gon's a great character, and yes, there're character development, and the arcs move smoothly and quickly, unlike Naruto which is filled with fillers.
Old 2008-11-04, 00:58   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Series with "character growth:"

Twelve Kingdoms
- Youko grows more than any other character I've ever seen in an anime bar none.

Seirei no Moribito
- The young prince Chagum matures before our eyes over the course of this show.

Hikaru no Go - Hikaru chooses to follow the life of a professional Go player and leaves his childhood behind.

Kure-nai - Both the young heiress and her teen-aged bodyguard mature as they nurture each other.

Nodame Cantabile - All the characters face the demands of adulthood and careers and march into their futures.

Welcome to the NHK! - Like Nodame Cantabile, the story focuses on young adults as they confront the real world, but these people bring a lot of psychological baggage with them. Everyone's life changes in the course of the show, but whether they grow is left to the viewer.

Bartemder - This show gives us hope that growth can occur no matter how old you are.
Old 2008-11-04, 07:50   Link #8
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Last Exile
Code Geass
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Mushishi
Kashimashi
Trigun
Welcome to the NHK
Ergo Proxy
Someday's Dreamers
Haibane Renmei
Old 2008-11-05, 20:21   Link #9
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP_FANATIC View Post
Forgive me, I must add this also.. Not a necessity, but would be a nice addition. I'm not sure how to word this, but "Growth in Character" Like in Full Metal Panic, how Kaname didn't really like Souske, but as the series went on, it was clear that she really did, another example is How Yamato and Suzuka are in "Suzuka." Ok that's it!
Souzei no Aquarion

Fruits Basket (has the main character first liking someone else before realising she actually likes another person but that is more obvious in the manga version which has a lot more couples that go through the same process you ask for)

FLCL how the main character goes from wimp to owning

also I would suggest anything from studio Bones if you like character growth and development:

Eureka 7
Full metal Alchemist
XamD lost memories
Rahxephon
Closed Thread