Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Simple...he had no interest.
Spoiler for his reasons, VN spoilers:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 19:45   Link #262
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
But if I got off on suffering like Kotomine did, I'd probably fatally injure Shiro and force him to watch Saber's demise, or have Saber end up finding Shiro mortally wounded. That would yield more suffering, so it's odd why he didn't.
Old 2009-08-23, 19:59   Link #263
rastilin

He seems more interested in Tragedy in the old greek sense. When people do their best but meet bad luck simply because the troubles are too great or they are struck by random misfortune. He may think that just causing trouble for everyone isn't the same kind of suffering, since they won't feel the same kind of despair; they'll mostly get angry.

Their suffering is only true if it comes to be through their own actions.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:01   Link #264
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
What a dick!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:19   Link #265
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
Can't argue with that logic.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:54   Link #266
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Umm... how about a decent movie? That's one thing that I would want. And to be honest, Fate/Zero would make for a much better movie than any scenario in F/SN. Then again, you couldn't put it into 90 minutes, either. Well, you probably could in a bit over 2 hours.
It depends on how you define what a "decent movie" is supposed to be. I'd be happy if they invested more into the fight scenes than the story...since I've already read the story in its purest form. The movie is only 90 minutes (give or take 80-85 minutes of actual movie time) and there will be cuts into the story. Will these cuts be acceptable? Who knows, none of us have seen the movie yet. Will they cut some story to focus more on the action? They better or they will have wasted the full potential of the animation medium. If you want the story so badly, then go read the UBW route again since the movie won't do a better job of telling the story. Let me have my ANIMATED fight scenes thank you very much!

Fate/Zero wouldn't exactly work in a single movie format given that the story is narrated by multiple characters, unlike the FSN routes in which Shirou is usually the narrator excluding some of the interludes. A short OVA series would probably be best, but I don't see it succeeding in a movie format...though maybe something similar to the KnK movies would work.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 22:56   Link #267
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Well, I think he would've enjoyed it anyway.

Spoiler for reason:
Old 2009-08-25, 23:38   Link #268
orangejuicetang

I wonder what scenes they will cut/shorten to make 90 minutes.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 05:19   Link #269
Aqua Knight

Do you know any anime films that are longer than 2 hours???
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 07:41   Link #270
Luk@s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I'd be happy if they invested more into the fight scenes than the story...since I've already read the story in its purest form. The movie is only 90 minutes (give or take 80-85 minutes of actual movie time) and there will be cuts into the story. Will these cuts be acceptable? Who knows, none of us have seen the movie yet. Will they cut some story to focus more on the action? They better or they will have wasted the full potential of the animation medium. If you want the story so badly, then go read the UBW route again since the movie won't do a better job of telling the story. Let me have my ANIMATED fight scenes thank you very much!
My thoughts exactly

Probably the school scenes will be edited, including when Rin tries () to kill Shirou
I'm pinning all my hopes on the Shirou Vs Archer/Gilgamesh fight scenes,
since in the game they gave ma a "Shirou wearing spartan cloak and shouting THIS IS UBW! while kicking Gilgmesh" kind of feeling, and I want a similar (if not more so) adrenaline-rush while watching it in animation.
I'm trying to keep my expectations on the whole movie to a minimum (to avoid disappointment) but without much success I admit.

by the way: Hi everyone, pleased to meet you
Luk@s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 15:21   Link #271
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luk@s View Post
My thoughts exactly

Probably the school scenes will be edited, including when Rin tries () to kill Shirou
I'm pinning all my hopes on the Shirou Vs Archer/Gilgamesh fight scenes,
since in the game they gave ma a "Shirou wearing spartan cloak and shouting THIS IS UBW! while kicking Gilgmesh" kind of feeling, and I want a similar (if not more so) adrenaline-rush while watching it in animation.
I'm trying to keep my expectations on the whole movie to a minimum (to avoid disappointment) but without much success I admit.

by the way: Hi everyone, pleased to meet you
Hey, I died in the visual novel for choosing to jump the wrong way when Rin tried to kill Shirou .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 20:15   Link #272
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hey, I died in the visual novel for choosing to jump the wrong way when Rin tried to kill Shirou .
Is that the only time you died? Than consider yourself lucky. I died quite a few times during ubw. Although not as many times as I did during Fate.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:37   Link #273
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Is that the only time you died? Than consider yourself lucky. I died quite a few times during ubw. Although not as many times as I did during Fate.
Nah. I died a few more times than that. The stupidest being when I asked Issei about Caster and got wtf stabbed (Like really?...).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 01:34   Link #274
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I TRY to die since I love the tiger dojo
Old 2009-08-29, 11:11   Link #275
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Yeah, I mainly had a good idea what to do because of the anime, but some scenes looked interesting enough that I decided to do them anyway to see what would happen.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 11:19   Link #276
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Nah. I died a few more times than that. The stupidest being when I asked Issei about Caster and got wtf stabbed (Like really?...).
I replayed that moment last night and I was scared to death.
Issei had like hollow eyes and yeah this stab is really unexpected moment through out the game
Old 2009-08-29, 11:27   Link #277
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Basically, surviving as Shirou means picking the dumb options.

I'm not going to be pleased by a fighting fanservice movie. If I wanted that, I'd watch something by a better animation company like Production I.G. But since Studio DEEN is adapting this, they'd better provide some quality Rin moments.

I have low-to-no expectations for this, to be honest.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 11:31   Link #278
Aqua Knight

Everyone expects this, but, still, if it's only a fanservice movie,well, it will be a such, you will still say," Meh~ it's horrible, no plot,etc."
As said before to grasp all this " broken ideal" thing you should play VN and movie is only for eye-candy battle and original garness.
What, do you want casual breakfast scenes for 30 minutes out of 90????
Though I want Rin moments too...
Old 2009-08-29, 19:05   Link #279
Jarmel

I'm not happy with the new artistic style they are doing with the movie. Characters are way too angular and it just doesn't look natural.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 19:36   Link #280
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
The character designs look a lot like the designs they had in the anime, from what I can tell.