AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 17:29   Link #201
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
JC Staff......JC STAFF!!!
After the first season, I have already accepted this was going to happen.

I find it slightly amusing that they are saying this arc is avoidable, like the gap between the first and second season was spent trying to find a way to skip it.

I also hope the new characters are referring to the new characters that are introduced in the sister arc, or from season 1, and not brand new anime only characters.

I am curious how they plan to explain the Kamijou side of things in the anime.

Still slightly anxious about how this will turn out, but excited nonetheless.
Old 2012-11-07, 18:14   Link #202
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The most likely course of action is to have the first four episodes or so as filler fluff and bits of hints and teasers, before jumping into the main course. That's pretty much how most Animes does it.
That won't be necessary, there's enough canon fluff at the start of the arc.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 18:59   Link #203
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

lol I was right all along about this wasn't I

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:04   Link #204
tsunade666

They can't put filler if the start of sister arc is the next day. They specially show that date and time to say that next day is sister arc in season one but who cares. They will probably will still do fluffy moe blob stuff and no one is stopping them. They will probably show the ITEM side as an opening.

lol show Accelerator back story. If they can manage to do that then they are genius.
Old 2012-11-07, 20:17   Link #205
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
However, we want more than just a gloomy story. We want to show off the cuteness of the four girls as well,
Screw you JC staff!!!!! I don't want any freaking moe-blobs, I want accelerator tearing the Misaka clones limbs off and chucking buildings at his freaking enemies. Not Misaka, Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu in retardedly skimpy swimsuits playing in some virtual beach in a building, I have no interest in seeing someone like Kuroko running around in a freaking string Bikini....I have no interest in seeing the group eating sweet foods while talking about pointless rumors that have no point being in the actual story. I want my action, fights, Accelerator being an awesome villian. I want to see Mikoto losing her mind and having a mental breakdown, and then after all of those hardships, overcoming her fears, and relying on the people around her to help her in situations that she can not overcome alone. Simply put, If JC staff continues to screw this up and makes a mess of the Sisters Arc of all arcs, than I want to see them BURN!

Hopefully JC staff gets some major backlash from this if they turn the sisters arc, one of the most, if not the most gore and drama filled arcs into a fluff filled POS story. To call it "Unavoidable" is an insult, They seem to think that Moe Blob garbage is better than a story with a great plot, great drama, very touching moments, and amazing fights. If they really feel this way than they have no right adapting a great series like this into an anime.

/end rant
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 20:48   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

/face palm

Are you people truly incapable of separating the two from your minds? That maybe, I don't- They're referring to the Sisters Arc AND some other fluff stuff that doesn't mix in together and are two completely separate things?!

I swear this is approaching NanoFate-ridiculous levels; It was stupid paranoia the first time idiots thought that the Sisters Arc would be skipped, and that line of irrational thinking continues to plague us today. I don't care if you all want to shit on Railgun, but for cry out loud at least use a legitimate reason so that it doesn't make us look like butt monkeys and give the other side something to shoot us back with.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-07 at 21:47.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 21:25   Link #207
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Yeah, I was also worried that they wouldn't do the arc but this is just ridiculous.

Let's put it this way: There is no possible way to make the Sisters Arc lighthearted. It's a story about a deranged serial killer/child soldier (depending on how you view him) killing thousands of women, which slowly breaks the main characters mind over the course of the story. That's not the kind of story that can be made happy.

If anything it'll just be worse because of the stark contrast between the Sisters Arc and the moeness.
Old 2012-11-07, 21:56   Link #208
Miraluka
Banned

Ohohoho~! I just read that "disturbing" line.

How naive you are guys, I don't even feel like wasting energy, with Nagay's team on this I never had any hope to begin with .

At least this will have some nice visual when moeAccelerator appears.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 22:35   Link #209
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
/face palm

Are you people truly incapable of separating the two from your minds? That maybe, I don't- They're referring to the Sisters Arc AND some other fluff stuff that doesn't mix in together and are two completely separate things?!

I swear this is approaching NanoFate-ridiculous levels; It was stupid paranoia the first time idiots thought that the Sisters Arc would be skipped, and that line of irrational thinking continues to plague us today. I don't care if you all want to shit on Railgun, but for cry out loud at least use a legitimate reason so that it doesn't make us look like butt monkeys and give the other side something to shoot us back with.
I basically have to agree with you. There are a lot of fans of the Railgun anime who may have no exposure to the manga whatsoever. When they hear it's getting a sequel, they're obviously going to want to know that it's going to still have the same elements they enjoyed from the first season. (Keep in mind that the Railgun anime outsold the Index anime, so there are lots of Railgun fans to please.) At the same time, there are a lot of Railgun manga readers (and Index fans in general) who were anticipating an arc that happens to be darker in tone and nature, and they need to know that the anime team has no plans to skip that arc (and that it's in fact going to be the centerpiece of the new season). So it's obvious why the producer is saying what he is: he's trying to show that they're going to achieve a balance just -- as I might add -- the first season tried to do.

When a very successful show gets a sequel with the same staff at the helm, people should expect that it'll carry on in the model that made the first successful. But at the same time, they're going to cover the content that people are anticipating from the manga. This should normally be perceived as good news but, as you say, some people have an agenda to attack this show because it dares to be different from what they want it to be.

I don't see why we can't just have peace. I personally like both Index and Railgun, but I recognize they're two different shows trying to do two different things (that sometimes overlap). That's okay! It's a big franchise! By having two different styles, they can attract a wider audience overall. And if one of the two shows isn't done in a style that appeals to you, that's why there's the other one. Being able to gracefully accept things you cannot change is a sign of maturity, and I'd like to see more of that on this forum and in this thread.

(Besides, all this over-reaction because of one single unsourced fan translation that uses the word "unavoidable", as if the word used in Japanese carries all the same double-meanings that people are trying to apply to it.)
Old 2012-11-08, 02:08   Link #210
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why is this battle over the content of Railgun S reminding me of Democrats versus Republicans?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:24   Link #211
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Why is this battle over the content of Railgun S reminding me of Democrats versus Republicans?
Oh good, it's not just me... And I don't even follow politics properly.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:18   Link #212
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'm taking it in stride. Besides, fluff first, gritty stuff later is a good formula in my opinion (for this show at least). It could be a good opportunity to tell those who started with the Railgun anime first without any followups to any other medium what the story is really like. Though I doubt that, as the human instinct to forget is a fearsome thing, and serves as a good rescue operandi in case someone's mind blue-screened because of seeing things they didn't expect from what I think they would think "a moe series."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:43   Link #213
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

To all of those people complaining about fluff, you do realise you can SKIP videos past certain points if you don't want to watch them, right?
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 10:07   Link #214
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That's good to know the dark atmosphere of the Sisters arc will be there.
Old 2012-11-09, 07:02   Link #215
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
To all of those people complaining about fluff, you do realise you can SKIP videos past certain points if you don't want to watch them, right?
Not if you're catching up to the airing times in real time (as in you're subscribed to the Japanese channels airing these), but then those people are a novelty by themselves to us here

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:13   Link #216
tsunade666

well the way they do things. Just imagine that while someone is in despair, others are laughing and having fun of their lives. Its the same as in the real world so even if it sucks. Just bear with it.

goes back to workshop and readying my flamethrower.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:27   Link #217
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Wishlist for R2:
  • More Hamazura foreshadowing ( at the very least give the guy a cameo )
  • New BGM tracks ( maybe a more refined version of this for Mugino )
  • 4-koma representation ( I want to see the glorious 'Misaka Wave' animated )

Other than that, I'm fully expecting a JC STAFF adaptation, and I'm okay with it.
Old 2012-11-11, 07:49   Link #218
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Wishlist for R2:
  • More Hamazura foreshadowing ( at the very least give the guy a cameo )
  • New BGM tracks ( maybe a more refined version of this for Mugino )
  • 4-koma representation ( I want to see the glorious 'Misaka Wave' animated )

Other than that, I'm fully expecting a JC STAFF adaptation, and I'm okay with it.
1 - Didn't he apeared somewhere after Daihasei? I don't think they will even get to Daihasei arc in this season.

2 - I second that, there will definitely have to be new awesome bgms.

3 - Are 4komas even canon? I mean the ones relesed in those 4koma anthalogies are from different autors (not Kamachi) and the same goes for those two big set of 4komas released in Degeki Daioh. And I don't remember any 4komas being animated in the first season..
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 08:59   Link #219
Destined_Fate

Eh, I would be satisfied with just more badass Mikoto, the power of her friendships, and Touma getting a bigger role every once and awhile.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:50   Link #220
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
3 - Are 4komas even canon? I mean the ones relesed in those 4koma anthalogies are from different autors (not Kamachi) and the same goes for those two big set of 4komas released in Degeki Daioh. And I don't remember any 4komas being animated in the first season..
How about on Motto Marutto Railgun S? (Railgun's version of Toaru Majutsu no Index-tan)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel