AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-01, 23:44   Link #81
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
So how is this game? I keep seeing it at the store but I never know if it is any good
Old 2011-07-02, 00:35   Link #82
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
So how is this game? I keep seeing it at the store but I never know if it is any good
Well it depends on you really

I love it, but some aspects are tedious, there's a ton of grinding if you're trying to maximize your characters. Great replay value, and it will give you hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Oh forgot to add, the games difficulty can be very brutal if you don't know what you're doing, bosses are just outright cheap and nearly always 1hko your party members sometimes even the whole party.
Old 2011-07-02, 02:26   Link #83
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I pretty much hated it the first time i played and tossed it aside after a few of hours. Couple days back i started playing again (due to agarest zero being released) and have been hooked since.

The post above described it best, its fun but has some really tedious moments and cheapass bosses.

If you're getting it for the PS3 then do not even touch the European version, instead get the digital download NA version instead. I'm playing the European version and its got less CGs and apparently a crappier translation. Also, Turns also pass when you get into random encounters in dungeons which makes grinding/title obtaining/material obtaining much more difficult if you want to view some of the event scenes/get true ending.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:39   Link #84
Zakoo

There's no furrya CG in the european version for example.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:17   Link #85
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ehhh I totally didn't know that, what a sham!

I did a little googling and found out some differences, there are even differences between PS3 and 360 vers.

I tell ya if I ever met the people behind making these changes I honestly think the first thing I'd do is punch em in the face.
Old 2011-07-05, 03:30   Link #86
lightl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ehhh I totally didn't know that, what a sham!

I did a little googling and found out some differences, there are even differences between PS3 and 360 vers.

I tell ya if I ever met the people behind making these changes I honestly think the first thing I'd do is punch em in the face.
a little info NA version both ps3 and 360 are based off of the jp 360 version which had some extra cg and stuff . That only differnces unless you count the na ps3 version being a DL only title
Old 2011-07-06, 11:58   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone else feels too much grinding needed at the start of the game? I don't mind grinding during the middle part but give me a break at the start of the game.
Old 2011-07-06, 12:04   Link #88
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Not really, the only grind I did was at the end to get my atk+999's and mag+900's.. I tell you what... it took forever.

Edit:
It was basically this... YAY I got all the Active skills I need.. than... FFFUUUUUU.... now I need to grind EP D:<

And the EP needed to convert the items into active skills is massive... 350k massive EACH!
Old 2011-07-06, 23:41   Link #89
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Agarest War1 CE had a Vira boobpad >< who the hell! why not Lavinia!!!! I would pay 100! XD
Old 2011-07-07, 00:18   Link #90
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah, I wonder why they chose Vira for it... there were plenty of more appealing choices.
Old 2011-07-07, 06:58   Link #91
Sciel
Etoilé

Finished the game on true end today.
Would have preferred taking my time but with my copy of the game being the EU version and the save not being compatible with the NA prequel(or sequel whichever way you put it) i just rushed through the final bosses.

Overall the game was pretty good.
Spoiler for Game Spoilers:

Would easily rate this game around an 7.5 to an 8.

--

Also, i started Agarest Zero and am a bit disappointed i can't start on Extra mode right away (god damn euro save ).
Word of advice , DO NOT download any of the free DLC besides probably the point packs (Gold,EP,TP,PP). The stuff (armor mostly) they give you is rather ridiculous and ruins any challenge.
Old 2011-07-07, 07:02   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Would have preferred taking my time but with my copy of the game being the EU version and the save not being compatible with the NA prequel(or sequel whichever way you put it) i just rushed through the final bosses.

--

Also, i started Agarest Zero and am a bit disappointed i can't start on Extra mode right away (god damn euro save ).
Word of advice , DO NOT download any of the free DLC besides probably the point packs (Gold,EP,TP,PP). The stuff (armor mostly) they give you is rather ridiculous and ruins any challenge.
Its because the seal needs the three women that have been chosen, and just one needs to be the mother of the next gen child.
Old 2011-07-07, 09:41   Link #93
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

--

Actually... it seems that you didn't get the true end.

Spoiler for true end:
Old 2011-07-07, 10:05   Link #94
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Rex isn't lucky, he doesn't get lavinia.
Old 2011-07-07, 10:58   Link #95
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Rex isn't lucky, he doesn't get lavinia.
lol, you really do love our misunderstood tsundere dark elf, don't you?
Old 2011-07-07, 11:01   Link #96
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually... it seems that you didn't get the true end.

Spoiler for true end:
Spoiler for Spoilz:
Old 2011-07-07, 12:05   Link #97
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
lol, you really do love our misunderstood tsundere dark elf, don't you?
your damn right! hehehe shes my elfin alkaid <3

lol speaking of which, I found a Butt mouse pad in a house i had to empty. some random anime girl tho =\

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-07-07 at 15:27.
Old 2011-07-08, 17:32   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoilz:
It might just be an excuse to have everyone from the older gens back for fan-service. But I think it's still real, despite how poorly written in it was.
Old 2011-07-08, 21:57   Link #99
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
It might just be an excuse to have everyone from the older gens back for fan-service. But I think it's still real, despite how poorly written in it was.
Hopefully ! Would really feel sorry for all the MCs if they don't get a happier end. But yea , i do agree it was really poorly done.

On a lighter note, has anyone played Agarest Zero? Linda (and Eugene's antics with her) are so much <3 .
Old 2011-07-12, 09:24   Link #100
Sciel
Etoilé

Sorry for the double post (?).

Just wanted to share my thoughts about Agarest Zero with those who are/have/planning to play it.

The bad
-I'm somewhere halfway(i believe) through the 2nd gen and the game seems nowhere as long as the first. I've heard that the playtime was almost the same as the first but personally, the figure seems to be inflated via the revamped dungeon system.

The dungeon system really is a mixed bag. On one hand, it makes grinding for titles/materials somewhat easier since the dungeons now are in "node" form like in the world map. However, it also gives IF to place 2-3 nodes between every event node in dungeons. This forced mindless grinding is frankly my biggest complaint about the game.

Its something like this

x o o x o o x o o x o o x.

Where x stands for the standard nodes (to discovery items/unlock different paths/events), While o stands for the battle/encounter nodes.
The earlier dungeons were okay but the ones that i've completed lately have been pretty much been in this "format". You basically need to complete 12 or so battles to complete the dungeon. Double that amount if you want all the items in the dungeon.

-The story so far is not as "epic" as the first. Keep in mind that i'm still have not finished the game and in the middle of gen 2. But...
Spoiler for gen 1 spoils:

-Less items can be registered in the smithing book via conventional means. Some require you to activate certain events during vacation days.

-Aside from that, the only other thing i really do not like about the game is Leonis's character design. He just looks WEIRD and imo is the worst designed character in the game. I think it has something to do with the eyes + nose combination.

The good
The game does have numerous improvements (besides aesthetically).

-Your first main character (Sieghart) is now somewhat customizable. The character creation basically lets him use any weapon besides guns, beakers and knuckles. This is a really interesting option since it can alter the way you initially approach the game and also totally changes how Leonis would turn our depending on which bride Sieghart chooses + his initial weapon.

-I found that more item crafting/skill books are found within the dungeons instead of being title-exclusive. The TP shop books also seem somewhat cheaper.

-The encounters also seem somewhat "tougher". The game seems to love to throw enemies at you that have parry/magic barrier/anger/heal or a combination of them all at you. This might be either a good thing for you if you are looking for a good challenge or added tedium (For me, its towards the latter).

-Gold seems somewhat harder to earn in this game. I'm ALWAYS broke for some reason . This is somewhat of a plus point since i found gold to be worthless in the first game since i always had too much *_*.

-NO TURN COUNT. You can now complete titles/grind/farm materials at your own pace.

-Linda + Eugene =
Closed Thread

Tags
idea factory, ps3, psn, srpg, xbox360