AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-12, 07:50   Link #1341
SwiftAsLeaves

But akira's former looks....its yamato nadeshiko..
BTW, i like the boy's mind about the girl band, and not only for girl band, but for all singer and something similar to that, you need to have a skill instead of a beauty to success in an art/celebrity world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
^ True, and also I believe putting some male characters every now and then won't ruin an all-girls show. Well, look at A Channel for example.
"Mgkn karena para fans k-on(ato sejenisnya) udah capek ya liat cewek-cewk matanya(fans) udah ngejeliwet..."
SwiftAsLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 08:05   Link #1342
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing CobaltX View Post
Although I love the new manga, I don't like the fact that Akira is the Azusa replacer and that HTT's togetherbeing is lesser than normal, but that's just me. :P
Well, they do have similar traits, but I see her as a part of her own band, although Akira, Sachi, and Ayame sure looks like the new Azusa, Mio, and Ritsu. But that remains to be seen, since we don't know much about them

Well, it can't be helped about Azusa. She is on different year after all. At least she's more united with the band in the manga compared to her in the anime. Since the 2nd season, the format is like 4+1 rather than 5 personnels.

Speaking about the manga and anime... Ton-chan is missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftAsLeaves View Post
"Mgkn karena para fans k-on(ato sejenisnya) udah capek ya liat cewek-cewk matanya(fans) udah ngejeliwet..."
Err... maybe
Old 2011-08-12, 10:05   Link #1343
Goggen

Quote:
Well, it can't be helped about Azusa. She is on different year after all.
It'll be interesting to see what happens when she graduates.
Old 2011-08-12, 11:34   Link #1344
Pachael
原作通り

Getting to know the new college girls is great and Akira's so cute. I like how the girls are kind of separating and getting together - where previously the four were in the same class they are now more or less in different majors and so latch on to their classmates.

Of course, the overriding factor is the keionbu and their band-o.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 14:11   Link #1345
aldw

Akira in high school reminds me of that girl from Kaichou-wa-Maid Sama for some reason (at least in looks), but her actions remind me very much of Sawa-chan as well...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 14:15   Link #1346
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Quote:
Well, it can't be helped about Azusa. She is on different year after all. At least she's more united with the band in the manga compared to her in the anime. Since the 2nd season, the format is like 4+1 rather than 5 personnels.
Before the last episode was aired, I always speculated that Yui and co. would all fail the test on purpose so they could be another year with Azusa(I had a problem with Azunyan being alone ), but that didn't happen().

And what do you mean with your last statement?
Blazing CobaltX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 14:25   Link #1347
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing CobaltX View Post
Before the last episode was aired, I always speculated that Yui and co. would all fail the test on purpose so they could be another year with Azusa(I had a problem with Azunyan being alone ), but that didn't happen().

And what do you mean with your last statement?
I never thought that way

Oh, about the 4+1? It's just the feeling I got for the 2nd season of the anime. The story seems to be divided there, between the seniors and juniors, Azusa seems to be slowly belonging to Jun and Ui more. So that's why I felt HTT members there is more like (not actually) 4+1 members rather than a full 5 members.
Old 2011-08-12, 14:50   Link #1348
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Spoiler for my thought:
Yup, quite a fun back story from Sawa-chan 2.0. No wonder she was so enthralled with Mio's lyrics. She even has an Usa-chan with her by her bed!

So far, we have Mugi's blue Kuma-chan from the anime, and the yellow Usa-chan from this chapter. I want one of those dolls!
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 15:00   Link #1349
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Quote:
I never thought that way

Oh, about the 4+1? It's just the feeling I got for the 2nd season of the anime. The story seems to be divided there, between the seniors and juniors, Azusa seems to be slowly belonging to Jun and Ui more. So that's why I felt HTT members there is more like (not actually) 4+1 members rather than a full 5 members.
Ah, I get it, and I was indeed like that after a while.
Blazing CobaltX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 16:58   Link #1350
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Speaking about the localized manga, those has been localized here too, but I don't have them. The translation is kinda funny, though
Probably the only localization that can escape the situation is Korean, which uses "nyang" - a "nyan" that is slightly longer at the end.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 08:00   Link #1351
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Continuing the discussion of winhlp32's post.

Very interesting observation IMO but I wonder what is the actual opinion among the Japanese otakus? (from 2ch, for example) because you seemed to know a lot about them

If they're really as you described, I think they might judged too early. The manga was newly started, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Probably the only localization that can escape the situation is Korean, which uses "nyang" - a "nyan" that is slightly longer at the end.

I checked the localization here, and thankfully they still keep the "-nyan" intact XD
Old 2011-08-16, 09:44   Link #1352
Goggen

Quote:
Continuing the discussion of winhlp32's post.
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32
The University manga hasn't been very well received in Japan.
That's interesting, and a little worrying. I personally enjoy the University chapters a lot more than the High School chapters. I haven't really taken to the new characters yet, and most of the original cast feature in the Uni chapters so... yeah.

My worry is if Kakifly pays attention to the negative reaction and the original characters at Uni gets marginalized in favor of the new High School girls... on the other hand, if as you say the main complaint is too much of the new characters and too little of the original four then the solution would be, if anything, to simply bring the focus back on them, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32
The high-school chapters though, are as popular as ever.
I wonder if this isn't a case of generic moeblob fans discarding the new chapters featuring the original cast because it's "not cute enough" or some shit like that. I can't imagine true K-On fans would lose interest in the original four in favor of "OMG SHINY NEW CHARACTERS!", would they...?

I wonder, because I've been thinking about the future possibilities of the manga. How does it continue once Azusa graduates? Does she follow the original four and rejoin HTT at Uni? Does Azusa, Jun and Ui go off to some place else together, fracturing the cast even further? My highest wish is for the High School chapters to end with Azusa rejoining HTT. The other characters could still appear from time to time, but bring the focus back on the HTT five where it belongs.

The problem with that is, of course, if the High School chapters end up taking priority because they see more success. Don't get me wrong, I like SUMIIIIIRE as much as the next fan, but I think we all know the new characters are really just replacements to fill the void left by the original four. K-On is all about the characters, and if the High School chapters keep going after Azusa leaves, that means the series has basically become a "revolving-door cast" series where new characters come and go each season like some shitty American soap opera. That is currently my biggest fear for K-On's future.
Old 2011-08-16, 10:26   Link #1353
Jimmy C

I wouldn't be too concerned about how well-received the manga is at this point. From time to time, for just about any series, you hear people saying it's not well received and might get canned. Fact is, for most series, the mangaka gets contracted for a number of chapters and the quality and reception would have to horrendous to justify prematurely terminating the title.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:19   Link #1354
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned about how well-received the manga is at this point.
Oh don't get me wrong, I know there's about a snowball's chance in hell of K-on getting cancelled. My worry is that Kakifly might take the criticism to heart and focus less on the Uni characters in the future. But mabe this is just me worrying too much.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:01   Link #1355
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My reaction to the seemingly moe-loving otaku backlash is... These people are deluded. They want the universe of K-on to stop at the high school phase of the girls lives, because, as people mentioned, University life introduces a lot of reality-related issues many otaku are uncomforable with.

Stuff like dating and hetero relationships in an initially all-girl series.
Old 2011-08-16, 23:16   Link #1356
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mugi seems to be for any and all relations.
Old 2011-08-17, 01:02   Link #1357
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
My reaction to the seemingly moe-loving otaku backlash is... These people are deluded. They want the universe of K-on to stop at the high school phase of the girls lives, because, as people mentioned, University life introduces a lot of reality-related issues many otaku are uncomforable with.

Stuff like dating and hetero relationships in an initially all-girl series.
Yes, this in spades. I'm enjoying the university setting immensely.
Old 2011-08-17, 01:46   Link #1358
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The biggest complains I keep seeing are about "recyclied" character traits. These were mostly focused on Sumire, Akira, and Ui. Sumire has since then taken off in another direction from the complaints about being either a Mugi clone or an Mio clone. Akira was claimed to be a Azusa epxy, and she's not quite that at this point (the other complaint being about how quickly Yui attaches herself to Akira and Yui's regression in habits that she supposely got over so that Ui wouldn't worry). The complaints on Ui are that she doesn't seem to have her own character, but supposely just copies Yui (mainly because she was originally a side character who's thing was that she was the more reliable version of Yui that seemed to have a sister complex). Also that she's been trying to pass off as Yui again (mostly to mess with Azusa I think, but also that store clerk, but that was Jun's idea...since Jun and Ui have no clue about just how powerful Mugi is in that place).

I'm enjoying both versions. The college section because they actually aren't following the normal patterns, and Azusa's group because the author isn't taking the easy route (Sumire on keyboard and Okuda on drums would have been the easy route) and instead is actually covering some music instead of just girls sitting around drinking tea and eating cake. Having Sumire on drums came out of nowhere and Okuda being their producer is just weird because no one would have thought of that based on Yui's group setup. I'm hoping we see some practise next time, because Azusa is suppose to be the taskmaster of the group when it comes to practise. Also maybe get some real story behind Jun and allow Ui to be herself (rather than be Yui's sister....or Yui).
Old 2011-08-17, 01:51   Link #1359
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The complaints on Ui are that she doesn't seem to have her own character, but supposely just copies Yui (mainly because she was originally a side character who's thing was that she was the more reliable version of Yui that seemed to have a sister complex). Also that she's been trying to pass off as Yui again (mostly to mess with Azusa I think, but also that store clerk, but that was Jun's idea...since Jun and Ui have no clue about just how powerful Mugi is in that place).
That's how I feel too. And talking about the screen time for each characters, Ui and Jun also haven't been exposed too much (at least up to this point). But I believe the story about them will come.

That's why I said that the Japanese audience is judging too early, if they're really the same as described by winhlp32.
Old 2011-08-17, 02:07   Link #1360
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

O__o it was just a friggin flashback!!

THANK THE GODS!!!!! i was kinda worried there. LOL.

but anyway, despite being a k-on yuri fanboy, i decided to open my eyes tothe possibility of one of them getting a man. BUT. I WOULD DEFINITELY UNLEASH MY WRATH IF K-ON'S GOLDEN PAIRING -MITSU- IS TO BE RUINED!! I WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN!! . >=/

mark my words, Kakifly. I'm watching you. *insert creepy face here*

btw, OMG!! mugi's just so FTW!! her reaction to seeing akira's old look(which was rather cute) was so hilarious. XDDDD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life