AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 44 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 24.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-19, 08:22   Link #141
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ Didn't Hitagi say in the first episode that Koyomi was stung by a bee, arc is named Karen Bee in between, and I think that Koyomi wakes (beginning of episode one) two days after talking with Tsukihi (second scene of episode one) or about 36 hours before the said meeting all the siblings... at least I think so, I am certain only about the arc's title
Talking about the arc tittle, i guess the reason which i liked Hachikuji's arc the most, was the fact that she was the snail. In oppose to Hitagi, who was granted wish by the crab, Kanbaru who under curse (and granted wishes) by the monkey, Nadeko who was cursed by the snake, and Hanekawa who was possessed by the cat.

If followed by that trend, the bee would be another abnormalities associating to Karen. Which is not gonna be so exciting
Old 2012-01-19, 12:14   Link #142
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Talking about the arc tittle, i guess the reason which i liked Hachikuji's arc the most, was the fact that she was the snail. In oppose to Hitagi, who was granted wish by the crab, Kanbaru who under curse (and granted wishes) by the monkey, Nadeko who was cursed by the snake, and Hanekawa who was possessed by the cat.

If followed by that trend, the bee would be another abnormalities associating to Karen. Which is not gonna be so exciting
So you prefer characters being one of the oddities themselves? I don't see how it can make story more exciting. I personally think that each are is unique regardless of whether characters are oddities or being tempered by them. Just curious.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 13:32   Link #143
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So you prefer characters being one of the oddities themselves? I don't see how it can make story more exciting. I personally think that each are is unique regardless of whether characters are oddities or being tempered by them. Just curious.
Not entirely, but maybe something a bit less obvious. I means for 2.5 episodes,we really thought (or supposed to think) that Hachikuji was also haunted/ cursed by a snail. Which makes the ending quite a twist.

So if the arc develops into: Araragi go out of his way to save his sister from a bee-like(or queen bee-like) abnormalities, then the two have some heart-warming sibling moment..... I don't think it will be wrong for audiences to call it "predictable". The episode itself may full of interesting or unique visuals and dialogues, but the overall plot not gonna be so
Old 2012-01-19, 15:44   Link #144
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Any anime-only viewer left? What's your thought on the above?
the plot is moving, but in the background D:

i guess the call for karen was from tsukihi, that means she has found something or has completed the preparation for something, and i'm interested in what happened, but i can only hope to get a flashback about it =|
unless koyomi decides to move his narrator ass into where the action is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
We're only 2 episodes in, remember. It's way too early to say you're disappointed in the so-called lack of plot.
a little less than 1/5 has already passed, being it only 11 episodes
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 04:53   Link #145
Demoned Away

I really liked this episode's OP. That's about it, though.
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 07:15   Link #146
teja208
Critical fanboy

Karen Bee story prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Not entirely, but maybe something a bit less obvious. I means for 2.5 episodes,we really thought (or supposed to think) that Hachikuji was also haunted/ cursed by a snail. Which makes the ending quite a twist.

So if the arc develops into: Araragi go out of his way to save his sister from a bee-like(or queen bee-like) abnormalities, then the two have some heart-warming sibling moment..... I don't think it will be wrong for audiences to call it "predictable". The episode itself may full of interesting or unique visuals and dialogues, but the overall plot not gonna be so
Now that you mentioned it...
Spoiler for Just in case it happens to be correct.:

I would LOL hard if that happens to be the case.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 09:48   Link #147
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the first half is the best....
so Nadeko had that side as well.... seducing Araragi... hmm...

anyway, I miss Senjougahara... how can she let his boyfriend mess up with other girls so freely

still confused with this Karen Bee arc....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 09:53   Link #148
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Nadeko opened fire during the Tsubasa Cat arc, but yeah... the home visit was indeed total war... always considering her inexperience in warfare
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:43   Link #149
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

My god...can Nadeko get any cuter?

Wonder what Araragi's sisters truly are like...
Old 2012-01-20, 15:32   Link #150
Iron Maw
Banned

So... um, what was this show about again?

Seriously, Bake has always been known to have quite a bit fanservice, but usually mixed well inbetween plot points and never nearly entire episode about it like this one. Compared Bake's first 2 episodes where general plot was established with large amount of character development already achieved and tightly paced episodes, almost nothing has happened here. There some hits on the direction of the arc, but most of it is entirely vague especially since the "Arc Character" Karen very little screentime. Dialogue wasn't as entertaining as usual since if focused too much on sexual humor instead of balancing it out with clever word play like normal. There's not much characterization expansion either like Mayoi in the previous episode.

Hopefully the next episode get things moving substantially otherwise I think we in for some pretty dragged out episodes leading to a weak second season.

I'll give the episode 7/10 instead of a 6 due the fantastic OP which ironically enough probably has more animation than most of the first season.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 15:55   Link #151
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Iron_Maw: The same complains were voiced after the first episode of Mayoi's and Nadeko's arcs during Bakemonogatari's run... I say watch the whole arc and then throw anathemas at your heart's content.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 16:52   Link #152
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, I don't plan giving up on this show so easily. The series has earned a lot of goodwill with me after all. I'm just surprised we are in the 2nd episode of a one cour series like this with very little to go on. I wouldn't have mined as much if there a bit more setup going on. It's not as if this is a big "mystery" show here.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:35   Link #153
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, it's a story that seems to like taking twists and turns into seemingly irrelevant angles. But they usually are more important than one thinks initially, even if the presentation is wonky. Personally, I think something's up, and one episode this early shouldn't hinder one's enjoyment just yet. Unless the next episode is also like this but I doubt it.

If one made it to this season without too many issues, a little patience is definitely deserved. Even though I'm not a fan of the whole series and gutter voted this episode, I still feel confident in this show to deliver at this moment.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:50   Link #154
Grey

Hahaha, oh man. I really can't get enough of this show's style. It's like every second clip runs on "What do you mean it's not awesome?"

I never thought much of Suruga in the first series but she was MVP this episode. That phonecall was hilarious.

Since it's Monogatari, I don't trust the bees in that OP at all.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:32   Link #155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

These stories are like adventure games. Every clue and every object usually connects to something else.
Old 2012-01-20, 20:49   Link #156
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Compared Bake's first 2 episodes where general plot was established with large amount of character development already achieved and tightly paced episodes, almost nothing has happened here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm just surprised we are in the 2nd episode of a one cour series like this with very little to go on.
As I mentioned before, it's worth keeping in mind that the first season had five story arcs to cover in 15 episodes. This show has two story arcs to cover in 11 episodes. This particular story arc looks to be around five episodes long, which was the same as Tsubasa Cat, so you may want to consider the pacing there as a model of what to expect (which was not nearly so "tightly-paced" in terms of a singular focus and drive, but still impactful in the end due to the way everything came together).
Old 2012-01-21, 02:04   Link #157
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
These stories are like adventure games. Every clue and every object usually connects to something else.
THIS. The story only makes sense once you complete it in its entirety, absorbing in even what seems to be a very trivial detail.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:05   Link #158
klare

been reading the explanations here about why so much seducing and sexual jokes, i understand it is due to the amount of material

however, sadly this means nise will not be as good as bake in anime, but still i will finish this

Karen seems to be weirder than expected
Old 2012-01-23, 11:55   Link #159
solomon

Did any one else need to over haul the air conditioning to counteract the heat that Sengoku was in?

And Suruga..........near rape.....................(too bad she plays for the other team)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 12:37   Link #160
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Did any one else need to over haul the air conditioning to counteract the heat that Sengoku was in?
Don't! It's bad for the planet

(In the LN Sengoku actually told Araragi this when he protested how hot the room was That's the reason why he ended up taking off his parka)
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote