AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 17:45   Link #141
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wild Goose thanks for the answer to my previous question.

Now, back on-topic, the girls got very clever to make use of Hinas' abilities to have all the four main dishes prepared. That's what I call thinking outside the box to make use of Hina's skirmish with the cat-Shinki to prepare the dishes using unconventional means; Hina's swordfightiing literally slicing at the ingredients thrown at her to make the dishes.

Although Hina's feels not subdued or thankful to have unwillingly helped the other girls, nevertheless, she felt her master's kind gratitude to make her blush.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:46   Link #142
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Their eye colors are different. I'd say they're probably not the same.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:01   Link #143
KaoruAoiShiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You need to watch the first episode again
In this episode we see the armor get stuck in some food, so it's not like it's in a pokeball or something. It's a real suit?

In this world we have a lot of really advanced technology but there's no evidence of any teleportation.

I think the lights from EP1 was just special effects to make it cooler, but there is a manual equip phase for the armor.
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:07   Link #144
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
I think the lights from EP1 was just special effects to make it cooler, but there is a manual equip phase for the armor.
All of the girls, including the Eukrante, teleported their armor onto themselves in episode 1. And also teleported it off themselves when they were done using it. There is no way to make it plainer that they do not have to manually put it on, because they actually showed that they do not have to manually put it on.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:28   Link #145
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
All of the girls, including the Eukrante, teleported their armor onto themselves in episode 1. And also teleported it off themselves when they were done using it. There is no way to make it plainer that they do not have to manually put it on, because they actually showed that they do not have to manually put it on.
I have another theory, strings theory calls for more than three dimensions, but those extra dimensions are not necessarily infinite, they might be only a few centimeters deep. So my bet is that the shinki ALWAYS have their armor on, they just fold it 90º into one of those dimensions (which happen to be totally empty), so it might look like some kind of teleportation when they put it inside our three dimensional space.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 21:33   Link #146
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I have another theory, strings theory calls for more than three dimensions, but those extra dimensions are not necessarily infinite, they might be only a few centimeters deep. So my bet is that the shinki ALWAYS have their armor on, they just fold it 90º into one of those dimensions (which happen to be totally empty), so it might look like some kind of teleportation when they put it inside our three dimensional space.
For our purposes, I do not see how that functionally differs from what I said.
Old 2012-10-14, 22:28   Link #147
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
For our purposes, I do not see how that functionally differs from what I said.
Elemental my dear wanderer, no matter where you look at, teleportation is considered to be a feat accomplished while not moving at all (at least I fail to remember any tv series or book that tells otherwise). Meanwhile folding/unfolding something from an extra dimensional space that is at all times attached to the shinki can logically be accomplished since it is already there, 0% probability of failure even if moving at high speed and/or aceleration. Beside, teleportation has the added hassle of having a range, which for a household item would be a radius of about 50 meters from wherever the shinki armor is stored.
Old 2012-10-14, 22:59   Link #148
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Elemental my dear wanderer, no matter where you look at, teleportation is considered to be a feat accomplished while not moving at all (at least I fail to remember any tv series or book that tells otherwise).
I do. In plenty of cases motion is compeltely irrelevent.

Quote:
Meanwhile folding/unfolding something from an extra dimensional space that is at all times attached to the shinki can logically be accomplished since it is already there, 0% probability of failure even if moving at high speed and/or aceleration. Beside, teleportation has the added hassle of having a range, which for a household item would be a radius of about 50 meters from wherever the shinki armor is stored.
Given that neither you nor I nor anyone here actually knows how this works, those numbers you're throwing around are a complete fabrication.
Old 2012-10-14, 23:28   Link #149
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I do. In plenty of cases motion is compeltely irrelevent.

Quote:
Given that neither you nor I nor anyone here actually knows how this works, those numbers you're throwing around are a complete fabrication.
The key word here is "household item". If they can get 1 penny of extra income by reducing teleportation range to less than one 1% of its potential range, they will choose to make a penny of extra income, happens every time in real life _-_
Old 2012-10-14, 23:36   Link #150
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post

The key word here is "household item". If they can get 1 penny of extra income by reducing teleportation range to less than one 1% of its potential range, they will choose to make a penny of extra income, happens every time in real life _-_
But without knowing how the system for summoning their armor works, arbitrarily limiting it to a 50-meter range is ridiculous. We don't know. Distance may not be a factor at all: it may cost exactly the same amount of energy to send it two inches as it does to send it 20,000 miles. We don't know.

And from our perspective, it does not matter. They can wander around in their skinsuits most of the time and then have their armor in in a flash (literally). How it works is simply not important for the purpose that this series seems to be using it for.
Old 2012-10-14, 23:39   Link #151
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
How it works is simply not important for the purpose that this series seems to be using it for.
Under that assumption Trekkies would have had nothing to talk about for decades after the cancellation of the original series :-p
Old 2012-10-15, 01:45   Link #152
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Wild Goose thanks for the answer to my previous question.

Now, back on-topic, the girls got very clever to make use of Hinas' abilities to have all the four main dishes prepared. That's what I call thinking outside the box to make use of Hina's skirmish with the cat-Shinki to prepare the dishes using unconventional means; Hina's swordfightiing literally slicing at the ingredients thrown at her to make the dishes.

Although Hina's feels not subdued or thankful to have unwillingly helped the other girls, nevertheless, she felt her master's kind gratitude to make her blush.

Spoiler:
I don't think they are the same models as the one in the first ep is I think is the original Strarf. Hina is a Strarf Mk II. Arn is also Arnval Mk II.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 10:52   Link #153
KaoruAoiShiho

They can't have teleportation because they still have cars and trains...
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 13:23   Link #154
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - watched eps 1 and 2 and must admit that I kinda liked it. Then again, I liked the OVA too. This is kind of a "light watch" for me, but an enjoyable one.
Old 2012-10-15, 17:56   Link #155
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
They can't have teleportation because they still have cars and trains...
Not conclusive. It may not work safely on organic creatures. It may require special materials or components in the object being transported, and/or the object it's being transported too. It may destroy the original object and create a duplicate. The armor may be a holographic projection from an emitter inside the shinki's main body. It may not matter at all, and the armor's state of existance may remain ambiguous so they can both have the shinki summon it and have it lying around to get covered in whatever that stuff was Aines was covering it in.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:30   Link #156
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I like this one because it's like Rozen Maiden without a brat. And I like the fact both the main cast of Yuno and Miyako, also voices the main character here. For now it's a very low-key and slice of life type of show which for me is a good thing. For now I don't know anything about names and all the technical details which I feel isn't that important for the time being as the anime being very slow paced. And the antagonists were rather cute than harmful.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:36   Link #157
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't think they are the same models as the one in the first ep is I think is the original Strarf. Hina is a Strarf Mk II. Arn is also Arnval Mk II.
Are you sure on that? Ann (no r, goddamnit) was stated to have been with Master's family since childhood, and the Arnval Mk. 2 only came out recently, as I recall.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 07:05   Link #158
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Are you sure on that? Ann (no r, goddamnit) was stated to have been with Master's family since childhood, and the Arnval Mk. 2 only came out recently, as I recall.
How recently is recently? We don't have a timeline. But at least one other reviewer has identified her as Arnval Mk. 2.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:05   Link #159
HandofFate

Series kind of reminds me of Adventures of Mini-Goddess, crossed with a bit of Angelic Layer+moe Toy Story.

I don't know anything about this particular line of toys, so I can't really enjoy recognizing any of the figurines in this show.
Old 2012-10-17, 19:46   Link #160
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
You can tell about the difference is that Arnval Mk II is due to the complex wing design with the 2 boosters. UNLESS, the owner bought the original Arnval figure BUT purchasing the Mk II equipment separately, (which still equals to Arnval Mk II)
See this for Mk 2 design

The original Arnval has wide like wings.

hair is customisable, just letting you know to tell you that hair length won't make a difference.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life