AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-05, 09:51   Link #81
bluemist
i am the mist

The bridge scene, when those actors take heavy steps at the bridge, the camera shakes. My jaw dropped in that scene, never thought they'd anticipate that little detail.

AWESOME DANCE ANIMATION! The best I've ever seen! Do they make 2D motion capture or something?
Old 2006-04-05, 09:58   Link #82
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Just a little info on Shamisen, the talking cat:

It is a male calico cat. If you are a feline lover, you know that is a rareity in itself.

It is named Shamisen out of a very bad pun www

Shamisen is a traditional Japanese music instrument which is played like a guitar. The strings are made out of feline guts. Hence, the cat is named "shamisen." It's kinda sad, really www
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 10:47   Link #83
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Just a little info on Shamisen, the talking cat:

It is a male calico cat. If you are a feline lover, you know that is a rareity in itself.
Theories abound on why a male cat can have female colouration [3 colours].

1 they have and extra X chromosome. so they are biologically male but genetically female [rare]

2 They are chimaera or developed from a fused pair of fetuses [damned rare] >_<

Big lover of cats here [have 5]

Anyone seen What the *bleep* is going on? They have a funny short on quantum physics dealing with preceived reality. How an observer is able to alter the outcome of a number of possibilities just by looking at it and wishing it so.

Looks like the girl can affect something like this on a masive scale
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:27   Link #84
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
AWESOME DANCE ANIMATION! The best I've ever seen! Do they make 2D motion capture or something?
Maybe, but it's also Kyo-Ani quality. Seeing that the preospect for this anime has increased as it swept through otaku boards (2ch) and the ota-community, I think this will yet become a hit for Kyo-Ani yet again.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-04-05 at 12:39.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:50   Link #85
Kyousuke

First episode was amazing. <3 Haruhi
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 13:56   Link #86
Deiwos
Tatakau Waitress

Send a message via MSN to Deiwos
Quote:
Yeah, I was amazed when I first seen that.
That was probably the best ending animation that I've ever seen.
Kinda reminded me 4th opening from FMA, where animation was also pretty impressive.

Last edited by Deiwos; 2006-04-06 at 11:17.
Deiwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 14:02   Link #87
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I'm gleefully jumping on the bandwagon. In fact, I'm kind of gleeful that there is such a big bandwagon to jump on. It was an incredibly bold move to start a series off like this, and a lot of people find bold moves off-putting. The opening made me laugh out loud twice -- which is unusual. I chuckle a lot, but I don't laugh out loud very often. Between the "camera work," the color saturation, and the narrator's running commentary, I suspected a film within a film. I didn't expect them to keep it up for almost the entire first episode. That took guts.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 19:53   Link #88
Kyousuke

BEST ED EVER

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHfYM6HHMdc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wsD8mGvwpkE (w/ credits)
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 20:13   Link #89
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
that was............. wierd! O.O
very wierd........ and interesting and surprisingly intellegent,
i think i'll return to it once it's over.
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 21:54   Link #90
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

I haven't laughed that hard at uh, ... anything since the School Festival episode of Azumanga Daioh.

And they managed to do it WITHOUT Chiyo in a Penguin suit!

VERY impressive!

edit: Oh yeah, I also wanted to pat the Super Waitress on the head and say, "There, there Intergalactic Bunny-Girl from the Future, someone will give you a bra with proper support, Walmart will be defeated, and you'll learn how to balance on one foot."

Last edited by DannoHung; 2006-04-05 at 22:16.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 22:06   Link #91
evil-samurai

I heard about the aniimation being top class, which it is but as well as that the voice acting is Fantastic! Sugita Tomokazu always does a great job easily one of my favorite VA, plus there are a few other familiar voices there as well. I was watched it knowning it was some film put together within the anime, so I'm not sure what my reaction would of been without knowing that. Still it would of been easy to tell it wasn't normal... I definitely! will be watching all of the show though.... I do wonder what its going to be like next time... oh! and I just loved the battle sequences

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-04-05 at 22:23.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 00:10   Link #92
mintyfresh
Altoid

this anime is made out of win and Chuck Norris.

I don't care where the show goes after this, I'm definitely watching.
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 00:36   Link #93
Sakuya
*Artist

What exactly is the real plot? The summary at AnimeNfo doesn't reveal much.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 00:50   Link #94
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

From what I can gather, the President of the SOS is omnipotent and capable of changing reality to her very whim, only she doesn't realize it. The rest of the SOS club has to keep her from willing the Universe out of existence due to depression or something like that.

Hrm... if I weren't dead tired and had shirked ALL of my work for the past two days, I'd be tempted to make a "Chuck Norris' Beard APPROVES" image macro right now.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 02:12   Link #95
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
From what I can gather, the President of the SOS is omnipotent and capable of changing reality to her very whim, only she doesn't realize it. The rest of the SOS club has to keep her from willing the Universe out of existence due to depression or something like that.

Hrm... if I weren't dead tired and had shirked ALL of my work for the past two days, I'd be tempted to make a "Chuck Norris' Beard APPROVES" image macro right now.
In other words, the rest of SOS are helpless heroes forced to agree to her, and make her happy in every way possible to avoid possible universal destruction?

Must be tough being omnipotent, she should be chou-genki 24/7.
Old 2006-04-06, 02:34   Link #96
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke
YES. YES IT IS.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 02:35   Link #97
Kensuke

Well, I will join praising this series. Funniest episode I have seen in ages.
I didn't know anything about this when I started watching so it took a while to figure out what was going on. Intentionally crappy singing, acting and camera work was just hilarious.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 02:40   Link #98
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
In other words, the rest of SOS are helpless heroes forced to agree to her, and make her happy in every way possible to avoid possible universal destruction?
Heroes? Lol, try "poor saps".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
What exactly is the real plot? The summary at AnimeNfo doesn't reveal much.
As for a story plot, I'll translate the synopsis for the novel's first volume for you:

"I am not interested in mere human beings. If any one of you in here is an alien, from the future, or has superpowers, come see me. That's all." Right from the beginning at the new school, Suzumiya Haruhi tossed out an outrageous greeting. It's not as if this is a sci-fi novel or anything......that's probably what everyone thought. That's what I thought too. But Haruhi was serious from the bottom of her heart. By the time I realized that, my normal daily life has already become the abnormal--------.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 03:13   Link #99
Sakuya
*Artist

That's weird, aren't her "friends" in the SOS Club all humans?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 03:43   Link #100
Shenlong

I'm not sure what the <edited> I just watched, but damn that was fun! That talking cat, I bet he is the real power behind the scenes
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen