AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-06-30, 01:51   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 831 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, we've got ourselves a little ol' spoiler! Credit goes to AP's Sandman, Redon, and YonkouProductions:

-Chapter title is "Adventure in the mysterious forest". Splash page features Rusukaina Island (the island where Luffy trained during the two-year skip).

-Having arrived at Whole Cake Island, Luffy's group make their plans: Brooke and Pedro intend to reach Big Mom's castle via the river using the "Shark Submerge #3" in order to find the poneglyph and make a copy of it. The others, meanwhile, spot who seems to be Sanji, but... he disappears!

-Luffy's group search the forest for Sanji, but what they find instead is.... a Luffy clone! As Luffy battles his clone, Nami, Chopper, and Carrot come across a giant (apparently in drag, judging from the pics, lol) who asks them for apple juice. Suddenly, they get attacked by that white rabbit riding the ostrich from Big Mom's crew! The chapter ends with the forest's name being revealed as "The Seducing Woods"....

Edit: Whoops, missed this earlier, but:

NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-06-30 at 02:40.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 06:16   Link #2
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

So many questions have been born in this chapter. Where do I even start..
Sanji-not-Sanji, Luffy clone, drag giant, apple juice, a white rabbit on an ostrich, and "Seducing Woods"?? The hell is that supposed to mean.
Help me Oda.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 07:27   Link #3
DoubtGin

I got high after reading this.
DoubtGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 08:28   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Oda should know better than doing drugs while writing One Piece
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 10:11   Link #5
jordan_d_dragon

Big mom island is even more crazier than thriler bark,so many weird stuff going on.soul snap,talking object,mirror human,cake island,burried giant,cat with spear riding horse,three eyed girl.if kaidou epitet is "hundred beast" than big mom epitet must be "weird as fck"
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 11:25   Link #6
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I'm one of the few who loved the Thriller Bark arc but than again I wasn't reading the manga at that time and watched the Anime version of it and it already aired by than so I didn't have to wait an entire year or so to see the thing like I am now with this series.

I like the Alice in WonderLand feel to this arc, Oda must have just watched the film and thought some thing like that would work perfectly for an arc LOL.

I hope he has talking singing flowers next and the rabbit takes Luffy down a hole now that'd be hilarious. Honestly, in my opinion this seems like a fun arc so far.

Stupid breaks! Why so many breaks Oda? I hope your doing alright.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 12:04   Link #7
itachi-san314

This arc is great! I'm guessing these 2 new characters are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum perhaps. One has mirror mirror DF and the other ...is Mister 2?

Also, it looks like the prediction that Brook will be the one to spy on the Poneglyph was dead on, although since Oda made such a point of explaining it this chapter, it will probably not go as planned.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 12:37   Link #8
Rainbowman

Since we're talking Alice in Wonderland, let's talk about the movie Alice through the Looking Glass. The main antagonist in that movie is named Father Time or simply Time. What's his placement in the Wonderland lore? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 13:32   Link #9
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, that just happened, I guess. Sadly we didn't get an update on the Jimbei situation.
Old 2016-06-30, 16:38   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I got a hunch that we could encounter the person that eat Mirror Mirror fruit that can reflects other person.

Brook was the wise one because Big Mom's crew never see a ghost in their entire life maybe making the Whole Cake Island become Haunted Cake Island due to Brook's spirit form.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 19:27   Link #11
marvelB

This was a fun chapter! I always enjoy watching Luffy and co. explore strange new environments. Though as I pointed out a while back, in addition to the Alice in Wonderland comparison, the whole candy theme gives me strong Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory vibes (which really makes me hope that Big Mom has officers in her crew who are Oompa Loompa parodies). Anyways, I guess the "Seduction Woods" got its name from "seducing" its visitors with their greatest desire or something like that (which in this case, is Luffy and co.'s desire to see Sanji again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Since we're talking Alice in Wonderland, let's talk about the movie Alice through the Looking Glass. The main antagonist in that movie is named Father Time or simply Time. What's his placement in the Wonderland lore? 🤔

Funny you should mention this, because a popular theory going around is that the Vinsmoke patriarch (aka Sanji's father) is that one king we saw setting off for the Reverie who had a clock-shaped beard. Personally, I'm not all that convinced by that theory myself (it seems more likely that King Vinsmoke would stick around with Big Mom for Sanji's wedding than the Reverie, IMO), but I suppose it's not completely out of the question...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 20:21   Link #12
jordan_d_dragon

Since to many break on one piece i started to think that maybe this is some sort a privilege that provided by shonnen to oda.after writing 3 or 4 chapter oda can take one week break.this kind privilege is understandable judging by how famous one piece is (300 million copies around the world).
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 23:11   Link #13
Ramero

Well, i can guess Oda can push on but from this situation i think that he was "defeated" by his wife that urges him to rest or at least spending time with family. Being pressured by schedule and not spending time with family was the worst thing is it?

Coincidentally next week was Eid Mubarak and fasting month ends.

Do we have already encountered those who can reflect other person by making their imitations? Maybe like mirror mirror fruit or like that?
Old 2016-07-01, 00:45   Link #14
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Funny you should mention this, because a popular theory going around is that the Vinsmoke patriarch (aka Sanji's father) is that one king we saw setting off for the Reverie who had a clock-shaped beard. Personally, I'm not all that convinced by that theory myself (it seems more likely that King Vinsmoke would stick around with Big Mom for Sanji's wedding than the Reverie, IMO), but I suppose it's not completely out of the question...
That's great and all, but getting back to the Wonderland lore, where does the personification of time fit in it? I first heard about him in the movie trailer. How come I never knew about that character?
Old 2016-07-01, 01:46   Link #15
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^ Dude, this isn't the place for Alice in Wonderland lore...... I'm sure there's another website you could go too.?

I personally hope Sanji's father is not that clock guy, I want daddy to be a bad ass.. Haha. but I guess we'll see eventually!

Perhaps in this chapter we have been shown the "sub"-version of Bon Clay's devil fruit ability. You know how we mentioned in a previous thread that there are devil fruits that are in the same category but are "weaker/stronger" like Ace/Akainu, Mr.1/Baby5, etc.. Perhaps this mirror ability could be the lower form of the copy copy fruit.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 01:56   Link #16
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
^ Dude, this isn't the place for Alice in Wonderland lore...... I'm sure there's another website you could go too.?

I personally hope Sanji's father is not that clock guy, I want daddy to be a bad ass.. Haha. but I guess we'll see eventually!

Perhaps in this chapter we have been shown the "sub"-version of Bon Clay's devil fruit ability. You know how we mentioned in a previous thread that there are devil fruits that are in the same category but are "weaker/stronger" like Ace/Akainu, Mr.1/Baby5, etc.. Perhaps this mirror ability could be the lower form of the copy copy fruit.
lel.. a fan service please XD

Since we miss Zoro vs Sanji, maybe we could make Brook vs Vinsmoke like maybe Vinsmoke is hate of ghosts and want to get rid of Brook as soon as possible with some holy charm and Brook reply with just yo ho ho ho ho ho
Old 2016-07-01, 16:20   Link #17
necrolyte

^^To me it looks like it will be the higher form of Bon Clay's DF

Btw, am I the only one who is not so thrilled about this strange version of Thriller Bark and the whole Alice in wonderland theme. I liked TB arc but to me it looks like Oda is copying way too much from his older arcs in the last year or so
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 17:13   Link #18
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^^To me it looks like it will be the higher form of Bon Clay's DF

Btw, am I the only one who is not so thrilled about this strange version of Thriller Bark and the whole Alice in wonderland theme. I liked TB arc but to me it looks like Oda is copying way too much from his older arcs in the last year or so
Maybe? :3 who knows what lies inside it and anyway i would like to see what flaw that Vinsmoke possess, at least some jokes that makes us able to ROFL.

Since it was a cake i think Luffy and crew can prey on them unlike at TB.
Old 2016-07-01, 17:22   Link #19
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
A link to said website would be nice. 😤 At any rate I can tell you what part of the Wonderland lore won't be in this story arc: The Doll Maker from American McGee's version of Alice. I'd be surprised if Oda were to include references from that version.
Old 2016-07-02, 12:50   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

owh.. my head is spinning..
this is just Alice in Wonderland at different whole twisted level..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote