AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-10, 14:16   Link #2421
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Didn't a lot of her devices after Reinforce died kept melting down on themselves because of how she got her power?
Old 2010-09-10, 14:19   Link #2422
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Well they can hack a ps3 with a TI-95, so I don't doubt it could be done now :P just not magic

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:03   Link #2423
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Didn't a lot of her devices after Reinforce died kept melting down on themselves because of how she got her power?
Something like that.... okay, found the Sound stage bit:

STBM: Oh, Hayate-chan!
Hayate: Yes?
STBM: Mari from the maintenance staff just called. It looks like they managed to make two new devices that can handle you, so they want you to try them out.
Hayate: Okay, thanks for telling me.
Zafila: Allow me to handle your workload then.
STBM: See you later!
Hayate: Thanks. I should bring a present for Mari and the rest of the maintenance staff.
Signum: Yes, since we are being aided by them greatly.
Shamal: Finding/creating a device that matches Hayate-chan has been really hard. Hopefully this time things will be all right.
Signum: It seems like striking a balance between strength/power and control is very difficult.
Vita: All together the number that’s gotten blown up or broke is… um, is about six?
Hayate: About that many. Hm, I’m so clumsy, it’s terrible.
Vita: It can’t be helped! There aren’t any prominent magic knights who wield both Mid and Belka magic that can match your huge power.
Zafila: It was inevitable there be failures/setbacks.
Hayate: Yeah, but to be frank I felt that I should make it myself from the start. I’m thinking of getting help from Yuuno-kun and Mari-san to start designing but it’s really difficult.
Shamal: So you’re thinking about a unison device after all?
Hayate: Mid’s AI’s are so unaffectionate, and I want the storage to be in the shape of a book. When I think about it, a master program (complete incarnation) doesn’t sound too bad. A child who inherits Reinforce’s name should be harmonizing/unifying. Someone/something I have to make with my own hands.
Vita: Yeah.
Signum: We wait with joy at the arrival of a new companion who shall protect you with us.
Shamal: Until then, we’ll just have to make do with the standard issue devices.
Hayate: I’ll do my best.
Viita: If Hayate’s going to make her, I’d like her to be a lot younger looking than me. Hey Hayate, will you make like that?
Hayate: Oh, I’m not sure still. I haven’t given any thought to what she’ll look like yet.
Shamal: Well when she’s finally created/completed, there’ll be no doubt that she’ll be the youngest member of our family.

Interpret that however you will. My own interpretation now is that Shwertzkreuz splits into two parts, like Bradiche does for Riot Zanber mode; a book for storage of spells, and the staff to help with casting.
Old 2010-09-10, 16:27   Link #2424
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Episode 6 of A's. It's only seen with the Book of Darkness, so I'm guessing it's a unique circle for it, but it would be nice to see a full picture of it, for one, and see if it has any unique purpose beyond that.

When I looked at the character cards for Strikers, it just had Shwertz-Kreuz listed as (Rod), no / or anything, which is how all the other devices are listed. That's why I'm guessing it's in it's own category, because it doesn't follow the pattern every other characters Devices do, it just has the shape of the device. I'll see if I can find it, but no clue where I saw it last.

And I have read the wiki. I'm mainly asking for more info, given how little there is sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hayate's Shwertzkreuz is basically a staff, and functions much the same way as the other staves. Hayate technically has 3 devices: Two storage devices in the form of Shwertzkreuz the staff, the Tome of the Night Sky book, and Rein as a unison device. However, the first two are kinda linked, and thus more like a single device in two parts. I remember in one scene in StrikerS, she brings out the cross-shaped device and activates it, forming the book. I think there is some sound stages where Hayate talks a bit about it, saying she preferred to have a book to hold in her hands, but I can't be arsed to recall it at the moment.
Schwartzkreuz is an Armed Device, as identified on the Nanoha website's profile of Hayate. The Tome is a Storage Device, though.
Old 2010-09-10, 16:41   Link #2425
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Schwartzkreuz is an Armed Device, as identified on the Nanoha website's profile of Hayate. The Tome is a Storage Device, though.
The problem is that she seemingly only has 1 device in a standby mode; the cross object. Both devices are merged into that one cross then?
Old 2010-09-10, 18:22   Link #2426
Amaterasu1963

The book is probably stored inside the cross like Subaru and Ginga's Revolver Knuckles are stored in the Calibers when not in use.
Old 2010-09-11, 00:12   Link #2427
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Huh, thought it might be a different type of Device, given they had it listed a bit differently and it was stated to lack all the fluff other devices have. Maybe it's just called an Armed Device due to her magic preference.
Old 2010-09-11, 07:01   Link #2428
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Huh, thought it might be a different type of Device, given they had it listed a bit differently and it was stated to lack all the fluff other devices have. Maybe it's just called an Armed Device due to her magic preference.
That, or those blades on the ends are not just for show. *suddenly imagines Hayate charging into melee combat, swinging Schwertkreuz like a battle axe*
Old 2010-09-11, 07:49   Link #2429
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There's a few of us who would love to see that, but Hayate herself said that her melee combat ability is appallingly bad. She event went as far as to say that she'd be a match for Caro in melee combat at most.
Old 2010-09-11, 07:56   Link #2430
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There's a few of us who would love to see that, but Hayate herself said that her melee combat ability is appallingly bad. She event went as far as to say that she'd be a match for Caro in melee combat at most.
Sigh... And here I was hoping for awesome tactical melee skills from Hayate... Little girl, Balsa-level spear skills.

*is disappointed*
Old 2010-09-11, 08:06   Link #2431
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hayate is the stereotypical mage, utterly devastating when at range, but needs to avoid melee.

Of course, this doesn't make her useless, after all Vivid showed us how valuable a full-back position can be, and that was just tactical support and healing. Hayate can give tactical support -or command, for that matter- and devastating artillery too.

It's just too bad the author thinks differently...
Old 2010-09-11, 08:11   Link #2432
Arkeus

Quote:

I doubt She can offers Tactical support, as even with Rein she shouldn't be good enough to do those remote summons/healing Caro and Lutecia do.
Old 2010-09-11, 08:21   Link #2433
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Hayate is the stereotypical mage, utterly devastating when at range, but needs to avoid melee.

Of course, this doesn't make her useless, after all Vivid showed us how valuable a full-back position can be, and that was just tactical support and healing. Hayate can give tactical support -or command, for that matter- and devastating artillery too.

Just after the first team battle in ViVid is announced, one of the characters mentions that last time they did it, Hayate's team dominated the field... but I guess that may say more about the team than Hayate's support skills.
Old 2010-09-11, 08:58   Link #2434
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ahh, I wish we could have seen that battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
I doubt She can offers Tactical support, as even with Rein she shouldn't be good enough to do those remote summons/healing Caro and Lutecia do.
I meant tactical as in strategy, not medical.
Old 2010-09-11, 10:29   Link #2435
Amaterasu1963

Shamal would be in the FB position providing healing and support. Hayate would be the CG bombarding the enemy.
Old 2010-09-11, 11:34   Link #2436
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, as shown in the battle the Center Guard position is still one that's easily assaulted, since it's still quite close to the front lines (being, y'know, the center and all). Hayate is artillery, which makes her better suited to be away from the front lines and out of the enemies reach. Like what she did in StrikerS. She was far away from the drones, safe and sound in the Full Back position, and absolutely dominated the enemy with little to no fear about a counter attack.

It's important to remember that while Nanoha prefers range, she is in no way weak in melee combat. Holding her own and defeating fighters Fate, Vita and now Einhart in close combat. she might not clobber them to death, but she definitely defeated them. The Center Guard is a position that should be manned by people who can at least face melee combat, since they have a good chance of being caught up in it. Hayate, who can't do that, would remain in the back and dish out Imperial Justice from the back.
Old 2010-09-11, 12:20   Link #2437
Arkeus

Hayate would be in the 'other continent' zone.
Old 2010-09-11, 13:12   Link #2438
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
We don't really know; those are just guesses. Well, for the series at least. It's entirely possible Alicia had some magic power.
Some? I've always considered it a given that their inherent potential was the same. Fate probably had more training, but in the end she is a clone of Alicia. I've always imagined that, if Alicia's body ended up somewhere where there were people who could heal her, she might suddenly return one day as an S+ ranked match for Fate. Of course, with my taste for happy endings, I imagine her and Precia having landed somewhere where Precia's mental and physical damage could also be healed, and Alicia would have been raised on stories of her wonderful younger sister who always did her best for her mother despite everything...

But I'm lapsing out of the realm of Q&A here, so I'll stop.

Quote:
Hayate would be in the 'other continent' zone.
Because that's the only way to avoid getting caught up in the nukes she tosses around. Girl is still awesome, weaknesses or no.
Old 2010-09-11, 14:53   Link #2439
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Some? I've always considered it a given that their inherent potential was the same. Fate probably had more training, but in the end she is a clone of Alicia.
By the time Strikers came around, the technology to "tweak" clones existed (for example, Nove). Did it exist when Fate was born, and was it used on her, though? (I judge it unlikely, but I guess it's possible.)

That begs another question: was Erio modified for greater magical powers, or did his original have them? Mid seems to treat its mages pretty well, and he did come from a wealthy family. A family of mages?
Old 2010-09-11, 15:39   Link #2440
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Is there any official indication of Gil Graham and the Lieze twins' legal status after the Book of Darkness incident? Is Graham's exile to Earth an actual criminal punishment status, or was he allowed to retire and everything shoved under the rug?
Closed Thread