AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-12-30, 23:54   Link #2261
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

what volumes of bleach contain the turn back the pendulium arc (spelt that wrong soz) ?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 13:46   Link #2262
Kallen4life

is Tensa Zangetsu (black bankai sword) curved anywhere or completely straight ?

quite often in anime it seems like it's straight or at most - very slight curving towards the tip

I think it's supposed to be curved at least a little, like most japanese swords, but can't be sure

also, what would you say is it's length ? certainly seems longer then an average irl katana or even an average sealed G-13 zanpakuto .. except Kenpachi's sword - think that one's longer then TZ and also seems very straight, though again, I can't be sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
what volumes of bleach contain the turn back the pendulium arc (spelt that wrong soz) ?
full volume 36 and the last 2 chapters of the arc are V-37
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 14:10   Link #2263
Alchemist007
*Author

Tensa Zangetsu is very slightly curved throughout

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-01, 14:35   Link #2264
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
is Tensa Zangetsu (black bankai sword) curved anywhere or completely straight ?
Not sure about zanpakuto, but real katanas physically can't be straight. The way they're made forces them to bend.

*waits for someone to post a straight zanpakuto to prove that Kubo didn't do his research*
Old 2011-01-01, 17:51   Link #2265
Kallen4life

I looked Byakuya vs Ichigo manga - it is curved .. but in anime in some points it certainly looks straight, maybe easier to draw :O

ah well
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-01, 19:48   Link #2266
Kallen4life

do arrancar need to eat what hollows eat to survive ?

if not - do they eat at all then ? regular food ?
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-03, 06:57   Link #2267
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Arrancar have not been shown to need anything to survive, just like shinigami. Menos-class and above hollows eat spirit particles, be they plus soul, shinigami or hollow-type.
Quote:
regular food ?
That can only be found in the human world, so no...(even the SS meals are spirit particles, since that world is comprised entirely out of them).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 10:26   Link #2268
Kallen4life

well the shinigami do need their 'spirit-food', Rangiku almost died without it

but, you're right, don't remember Arrancar eating anything .. other then tea of course
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-03, 13:28   Link #2269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
well the shinigami do need their 'spirit-food', Rangiku almost died without it
That was when they were normal souls in SS with a hint of power. However, no actual shinigami has been shown needing any kind of nourishment to survive. Compare Renji's flashback with Rukia to post-Ichigo Rukia.
Quote:
other then tea of course
That mysterious tea...with Aizen's special water in it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 13:53   Link #2270
Kallen4life

hmm well they do eat normally in seireitei, I kinda figured it's normal for them to eat like humans .. and the need starts when the soul develops spiritual powers

also wonder where did Aizen get the water for the tea
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-03, 16:07   Link #2271
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

heh heh heh. i know where he got the water from. ever seen one of those documentries that tells you how to survive in a desert. theres a bit about getting clean water from your own piss. aizen watched that

Old 2011-01-08, 19:34   Link #2272
Kallen4life

hmm, when shinigami kill a hollow - the soul goes either in SS or hell, based on whether it was evil in human life .. is it the same with arrancar ? Szayel and Aaroniero went to hell, pretty obvious for Szayel, but I guess Aaroniero was evil too .. does that means the likes of Starrk, Halibel, maybe Ulquiorra can end up in SS ? develop powers in time & join G-13 ? xD
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-08, 23:29   Link #2273
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

yep they could! but ulq wasent killed usuing a zanpacto so he just turned to dust. would have been awesome to see a soul reaper ulq *plans out a fanfiction story in head but dismisses it*

Old 2011-01-09, 01:08   Link #2274
Alchemist007
*Author

I forget but I do think that they said that hollows killed by non-Zanpakutous (or Shinigami in general?) simply cease to exist. I think that's the reason Shinigami disapprove of the Quincy's methods of hollow extermination. That being said, I suppose Aaraneiro and others killed by swords are definitely in Hell. Though Ulq got dusted from cero wounds so I'm presuming he's gone for good.
Old 2011-01-09, 02:46   Link #2275
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Though Ulq got dusted from cero wounds so I'm presuming he's gone for good.
It'd be nice for Kubo to confirm once and for all though. Because admittedly, people still have reasonable claim to hold out on the possibility of him being alive (since he demonstrated the ability to turn a part of his body into dust). IIRC, Kubo was also asked about Ulq's fate in an old interview in which he didn't provide a decisive answer on. So for all we know, Ulq may have pulled a Mayuri on us.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 03:02   Link #2276
Alchemist007
*Author

Well it was involuntary on Ulq's part when it happened at the end, so I'd think that's pretty finalizing. I think Kubo should be evasive because otherwise he could be losing a large fanbase. Trolling at its finest, well played.
Old 2011-01-09, 04:02   Link #2277
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well it was involuntary on Ulq's part when it happened at the end, so I'd think that's pretty finalizing.
Yeah. But involuntary or not, people will still cling to hope I'm sure. Afterall, I don't think he'd be the first shounen villain ever to be able to will himself back together after a period of time despite being involuntarily broken down. I know some DBZ characters in particular were famous for pulling that stunt. In hindsight, nothing short of atomizing some of those guys was enough to stop them for good.

Quote:
I think Kubo should be evasive because otherwise he could be losing a large fanbase.
I actually agree with that, though I feel there may be a little more to it. I mean a lot of us know Kubo isn't the type of author to plan too far ahead. So he might've thought it best to refrain from giving a decisive answer in an attempt to avoid burning any bridges for himself. Because the day may come when he might want to actually bring Ulq back (since he does indeed have a relatively large fanbase). And it'd probably be easier on his part to BS his return if his death isn't officially declared by himself directly.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 07:32   Link #2278
Kallen4life

ah yes, I forgot that Ulqui was actually killed by the uber-hollow cero .. wonder if that'll function like being killed by a Quincy, i.e. gg ?

But Starrky and Hali-chan were cut down by a zanpakutou (Aizens still counts I guess), so there's hope for them (they didn't seem evil, I don't think following Aizen and his promises counts, especially since only 'sins' commited while being human count) .. can't say about Nnoitra/Zommari/Yammy and how the 'commited enough sins to go to hell' system works in Bleach, Baraggan was killed by his own Death Breath, I guess he's the same as Ulqui .. Grimmy might even still be alive, maybe he lives with Nel in HM

/hopes

P.S. If we can get Starrk and Halibel in SS, I'd give my left arm and leg to see them as captains in G-13 .. at least VC

Would they lose their memories though ? regular pluses don't I think (when going into SS .. when they die there and reincarnate back into the human world - then they do lose em) and the 4-th movie tie-in manga chapter showed Aaroniero and Szayel retaining their memories in hell .. but I suppose it's possible either way
We are Blackwatch

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2011-01-09 at 12:04.
Old 2011-01-09, 18:02   Link #2279
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Would they lose their memories though ? regular pluses don't I think (when going into SS .. when they die there and reincarnate back into the human world - then they do lose em) and the 4-th movie tie-in manga chapter showed Aaroniero and Szayel retaining their memories in hell .. but I suppose it's possible either way
As I recall, they won't remember their time alive. Hollow forms=after death. They'll remember.

What's strange is Aaroniero and Szayel retaining their Espada forms. While no doubt Szayel has pink hair in any form, why is Aaroniero still a freakshow? I mean even if his soul is a merged form on thousands of hollows(plus a shinigami), wouldn't he obtain a more normal form in hell after his freakshow form was destroyed?

I doubt this could be answered yet in any way(cause lolKubo), but it's been bugging me.
Old 2011-01-10, 06:22   Link #2280
Nastya-sama!
射杀せ 神枪!

Hmmm.. So what happens when human dies? He can go to Soul Society, but if he was evil does he go to Hueco Mundo or Hell? Or both are possible? Is Hueco Mundo something like purgatory? O.o
wake wakaranai yooo

Tags
q&a