AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-26, 17:38   Link #101
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-04-26, 17:43   Link #102
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Spoiler:
I'll agree 100% panzerfan, but as of this time (without spoilers, since this is a speculation thread) we don't know anything about Itsuki. We can only assume he's an Esper, since that's the one thing we're missing from the SOS-Dan. An Esper who has to use a cell phone... Lousy espers!

Although, I really do like your extension... It's a good point I hadn't considered.
Old 2006-04-26, 20:53   Link #103
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I went to various comment sites and gathered as much information as I could about the anime and it's future developments, and here are the results:

------------------------ (reliable predictions)
"Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" (novel volume 1) will most likely form the main plot of the anime. There will be 6 episodes devoted to it.
- 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱Ⅰ- Ⅵ (6)

One episode was devoted to SOS-dan's culture fair movie, "Asahina Mikuru no Bouken" (from volume 6).
- 朝比奈ミクルの冒険 Episode 00 (1)

There's one episode devoted to the baseball competition, "Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu" (from volume 3).
- 涼宮ハルヒの退屈 (1)

"Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" (vol.3) and "Mysterious Sign" (vol.3) will be featured (the OP also lends proof to this).
- 笹の葉ラプソディ (1)
- ミステリックサイン (1)

According to the recent issue of "The Sneaker" (the magazine that the novel serializes on), there will be one original anime episode, written by the novel's author, Tanigawa Nagaru.
- オリジナルエピソード (1)

------------------------ (less certain predictions below)
One episode of "Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki" as the follow-up to "Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00".
- 涼宮ハルヒの溜息 (1)

One episode featuring "Endless Eight" (based the reference to it in the official site's activity page).
-エンドレスエイト (1)

Koizumi's line near the end of episode 4 ("It would appear that we can't let Suzumiya-san idle around. That's one more thing for us to consider about as a future task") would suggest that this "future task" may come into play as an episode later on. Most likely "Lone Island Syndrome"?
-孤島症候群 (1)
------------------------
"Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu" (Suzumiya Haruhi's Evanescene (Disappearance), vol.4) isn't out of the question yet (the Christmas cut in the ED makes it a possibility), but looking at the current line-up, it would appear to be a tight squeeze if it were to be featured. Right now, the general opinion is swaying from a "Shoushitsu finale" to a "Yuutsu finale + misc side-stories".

Personal opinion? I think it would be a pity if "Shoushitsu" doesn't get featured, since I liked it a lot more than "Yuutsu". It was starting from "Shoushitsu" did the story get really interesting with all the time jumps, alternate worlds, and multiple identities weaved into one complex yet easy to understand story. "Yuutsu" stands perfectly well on it's own, but I think it was "Shoushitsu" that really brought out the potentials hidden within the setting of this series.
Old 2006-04-26, 23:40   Link #104
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Very good work Sushi-Y! *applauds in awe*
I guess it then boils down to it being either Tameiki/Endless Eight/Lone Island Syndrome or Shoushitsu. Shoushitsu certainly is the more compelling and emotional story than Yuuutsu and I too would like to see it done, though I can see that Yuuutsu's ending having that 'more epic' feel is kinda wasted stuck in the middle of a series.

If they don't do Shoushitsu now, I hope they will do another season with Shoushitsu as the main story arc. Well with the overwhelming popularity of Haruhi now the chances of a 2nd season seems high. The only thing I'm concerned about is if they do "1st season = Yuuutsu+side stories", a lot of the side stories now existent will have been used up for the 1st season, leaving a Shoushitsu-centric season bereft of already existing side stories, which may lead to the fear of mediocre 'anime-only' fillers ala Kenshin etc. But I guess if they are already working with bringing Tanigawa Nagaru on to write the story now then I'm worrying for nothing

Additionally... does this then imply that Inbou might become the focus for a 3rd season?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-27, 00:18   Link #105
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

We could windup with situation similar to Triangle Hearts where numerous drama CD fills the void or we will have subsequent OVA releases depending on whether or not another season will happen.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-04-30, 17:57   Link #106
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Now that we have grasped more than half of the season, I suppose it's a good time to do a review!

First of all, let's arrange the episodes by the story timeline:

Haruhi's Episode Count (by story timeline) / Title / Kyon's Episode Count (by airtime)
Episode 0 - Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 - Episode 1
Episode 1 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅰ - Episode 2
Episode 2 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅱ - Episode 3
Episode 3 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ - Episode 5
Episode 4 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅳ - ?
Episode 5 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅴ - ?
Episode 6 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅵ - ?
Episode 7 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu - Episode 4
Episode 8 - ? - ?
Episode 9 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 1) - Episode 6
Episode 10 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 2) - Episode 7
Episode 11 - ? - ?
Episode 12 - ? - ?
Episode 13 - ? - ?
Episode 14 - ? - ?

===================
First of all, there's no proof that the Lone Island episodes will be aired in succession, but considering the type of story it is, it's probably safe to assume that they will be aired together.

Second, with the flow of this week's episode (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ), it's pretty much 100% certain that they're going for 6 episodes on this volume (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ ended on page 174, just about halfway through the volume).

Here comes the interesting part, let's leave "Episode 10 - 14" aside for now and focus on "Episode 8". "Episode 8", timeline wise, must occur between the baseball competition ("Episode 7") and the upcoming Lone Island trip ("Episode 9"). The only events that occured between those two stories in the novel were "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" and "Mysterious Sign".

Dilemma. Which one? If you ask anyone who read the novel, it's obvious that "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" would be the correct choice. But what's with that Kimidori-san cameo in the OP then?

Could it be that Kimidori-san is actually going to be featured in the "original episode", which was mentioned in The Sneaker, instead?

If the "original episode" takes up one more slot, what will the remaining 3 episodes be?

Here's another guess from me, without worry about the airing order:
-----------------------------
Episode 0 - Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00
Episode 1 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅰ
Episode 2 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅱ
Episode 3 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ
Episode 4 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅳ
Episode 5 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅴ
Episode 6 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅵ
Episode 7 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu
Episode 8 - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Episode 9 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 1)
Episode 10 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 2)
Episode 11 - Endless Eight
Episode 12 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki
Episode 13 - Live a Live
Episode 14 - Original Episode

"Endless Eight" - no reason, I just want it to be in.
"Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki" - as a follow up to Episode 0
"Live a Live" - If we're not going to have Shoushitsu, then by this point in the timeline, the only choices are 2 Tameiki episodes, or "Tameiki" + "Live a Live" ("The Day of Sagittarius" is kind of meaningless if Shoushitsu isn't going to be in). Seeing as how there are TWO insert songs, I suspect one of them will be used in "Live a Live", where Haruhi will be singing onstage with a band.
"Original Episode" - If there's going to be a DVD-only episode, this would probably be it. Anyway, nothing is known about this episode other than its existence.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-04-30 at 18:46.
Old 2006-04-30, 19:15   Link #107
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Agreed with most of the things you raised, Sushi-Y. Pity there's no Shoushitsu T_T

I like "Live a Live", as its one of the few 'later' stories that goes back to Haruhi-development while most of the rest focus on Yuki-development. It'll be a very nice addition. Though I wonder about "Tameiki" since "Lone Island Syndrome" is already by itself taking up 2 episodes won't "Tameiki" at least have to do the same based on its length? There are quite a lot of things that happen in it. Well anyway either way would be great because those both "Tameiki" and "Live a Live" have Tsuruya-san action

On Kimidori-san and the original episode, one thing that bugs me is how then will it relate to the chronology? Will this new episode happen before Kimidori-san comes to the SOS in "Mysterious Sign" which would then contradict them not knowing Kimidori-san in "Mysterious Sign" or will it happen after which would mean they know Kimidori-san but would leave the non-novel viewer go 'huh?' or will "Mysterious Sign" be completely replaced by the original episode?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-01, 00:01   Link #108
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
the rest focus on Yuki-development.
それが何か?

Quote:
Though I wonder about "Tameiki" since "Lone Island Syndrome" is already by itself taking up 2 episodes won't "Tameiki" at least have to do the same based on its length? There are quite a lot of things that happen in it. Well anyway either way would be great because those both "Tameiki" and "Live a Live" have Tsuruya-san action
If you consider Episode 00 as one of Tameiki's episodes, it should work. You'd have one as the "finished product" episode, and one as "the-makings-of" episode. If they just focus on the "explanation" for the various events from the finished movie (ex. Mikuru Beam, talking Shamisen, cherry blossoms blooming in Fall, the reason for the bunnygirl part-time job/commercials, etc.), one episode should be enough. Besides, can you find a good episode cut off point anywhere in Tameiki?

Quote:
On Kimidori-san and the original episode, one thing that bugs me is how then will it relate to the chronology? Will this new episode happen before Kimidori-san comes to the SOS in "Mysterious Sign" which would then contradict them not knowing Kimidori-san in "Mysterious Sign" or will it happen after which would mean they know Kimidori-san but would leave the non-novel viewer go 'huh?' or will "Mysterious Sign" be completely replaced by the original episode?
We'll never know. Maybe for "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", Haruhi will go "Next week! Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Episode -1!" or something.

Well... here's another possibility... Kimidori-san does make a return in volume 8 (涼宮ハルヒの憤慨), during the 「編集長★一直線!」 story (SOS-dan members writing their own novels to publish as a product for the literature club (Yuki's original club)). I know it sounds far-fetched, but the OP did feature something from this volume as well:

Maybe we should just give up trying to guess this thing.
Old 2006-05-01, 00:18   Link #109
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
??????
何も... 有希ちゃんは最高だから... ただ他の団員も注目してほしいだけ...
Quote:
If you consider Episode 00 as one of Tameiki's episodes, it should work. You'd have one as the "finished product" episode, and one as "the-makings-of" episode. If they just focus on the "explanation" for the various events from the finished movie (ex. Mikuru Beam, talking Shamisen, cherry blossoms blooming in Fall, the reason for the bunnygirl part-time job/commercials, etc.), one episode should be enough. Besides, can you find a good episode cut off point anywhere in Tameiki?

We'll never know. Maybe for "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", Haruhi will go "Next week! Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Episode ?1!" or something.
You have a point with Tameiki... I'm thinking Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody should be 'Episode 0', the SOS-dan movie not withstanding, since by right its still 'later' in the timeline

Eh?! Novel 8 image in OP... *head spins*

Old 2006-05-01, 00:43   Link #110
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Eh?! Novel 8 image in OP... *head spins*
what?! Time-travelling!

Old 2006-05-08, 07:55   Link #111
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

With next episode designated as "Episode 8 - Mysterious Signs", I think it is now possible to fill in the blanks according to Haruhi's "true" order.

1. Melancholy I (episode 2)
2. Melancholy II (episode 3)
3. Melancholy III (episode 5)
4. Melancholy IV
5. Melancholy V
6. Melancholy VI (likely final episode of this series?)
7. Boredom (episode 4)
8. Mysterious Signs (episode 7)
9. Lone Island Syndrome I (episode 6)
10. Lone Island Syndrome II
11. Sighs I (Taimeki, concerns making of the SOS movie)
12. Sighs II
13. Sighs III
14. Asahina Mikuru-chan's Adventure Episode 00 (episode 1)

According to the chronological timeline, the first story to take place right after "Melancholy" is "Boredom" (the baseball game). Since "Boredom" is designated as "episode 7" by Haruhi, it's safe to assume "Melancholy" would span 6 episodes total.

Following "Boredom" is "Mysterious Signs", which in turn is followed by two episodes of "Lone Island Syndrome". Since chronologically, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" takes place between "Boredom" and "Mysterious Signs", I have a feeling "Bamboo" is going to be saved for the second series, most likely titled after volume 4 "The Vanishing of Suzumiya Haruhi", since "Bamboo" ties in with the plot of volume 4.

That leaves us with three more episodes. I'd like to speculate that they'll spend at least one to two episodes on the production of the "Mikuru-chan's Adventure" movie (basically the whole of volume 2).

Though the OP does have pictures taken from volume 8 illustrations, I think Kyo-Ani's going to save the later volumes for the next series. This first series would cover volumes 1-3 at best.
Old 2006-05-10, 14:16   Link #112
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Spoiler for theory:
Old 2006-05-10, 17:09   Link #113
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
With next episode designated as "Episode 8 - Mysterious Signs", I think it is now possible to fill in the blanks according to Haruhi's "true" order.
3 Tameiki episodes? I hope not. So far, all the surprises from the episode shuffles have been acceptable ones (because they're fresh and interesting), but if they plan to do 3 episodes on Tameiki, then someone ought to be bonked on the head.

But you raised a good point, it looks like they're actually trying to cover everything. We've been guessing what they would and would not do, but so far, the trend does look like they are planning to do everything between volume 1 and 3. Yuutsu, (most likely) Tameiki, Taikutsu, Lone Island, Sign...

But there are still some strong signs showing that they might do other stories as well, like Live a Live (2 insertion songs planned for the anime). And don't forget the original episode either (which, for all we know, could be a replacement for any of the episodes listed above).

Hell, there are already rumors flying all over place like how there won't be a part 2 to Lone Island at all (lol) and how Tameiki won't show up at all. So really, I have already given up trying to guess where they're going now.
Old 2006-05-10, 17:26   Link #114
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Hell, there are already rumors flying all over place like how there won't be a part 2 to Lone Island at all (lol) and how Tameiki won't show up at all. So really, I have already given up trying to guess where they're going now.
The part that really threw me was going from Lone Island I to Mysterious Sign. And there I was thinking "they wouldn't split up a story like that would they?"

Old 2006-05-10, 21:47   Link #115
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I have a theory here about whether Kyon really has supernatural powers:

Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-10, 22:14   Link #116
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
everytime Kyon says 'masaka' or 'this can't be', something is bound to happen in that way.
In Japan, they call that "Kyon Quality".
Old 2006-05-11, 01:32   Link #117
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
I have a theory here about whether Kyon really has supernatural powers:

Spoiler:
i think you've stumbled upon a very interesting theory, i'm not discounting it however,
Spoiler:
i've no idea if that made any sense, i hope it did, i feel like i'm rambling
Old 2006-06-08, 09:20   Link #118
PastPrime

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-08, 13:58   Link #119
SasuraiHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero
i think you've stumbled upon a very interesting theory, i'm not discounting it however,
Spoiler:
i've no idea if that made any sense, i hope it did, i feel like i'm rambling
you both share my interest in this matter, i though i was the only one.
Spoiler:

this is all very possible stuff, like things are i cant wait to see whats gonna happen with this
Old 2006-06-08, 15:19   Link #120
velocity7

Anyone ever gave the thought that since Kyon is capable of controlling Haruhi, he is more dangerous than her?

Thus, if any of the following happens:

1. Kyon dies/disappears/etc. = bad
2. Kyon tells Haruhi off = bad
3. Kyon decides to "exercise" his control = bad