AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-06, 19:08   Link #521
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
So anyone knows how to turn the menu options into English ?
First, it doesn't come in English (we only wish).
Second, no; there is no logical way to turn it into English without doing the work yourself to turn the menus into English.

Now, please PLEASE stop asking us that.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:47   Link #522
magnuskn

That wasn't nice, LMK. If there is someone here who has the game and who speaks Japanese, it would cost that person maybe two minutes to look that up in the menu options, so John is certainly in his rights to ask around.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:34   Link #523
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That wasn't nice, LMK. If there is someone here who has the game and who speaks Japanese, it would cost that person maybe two minutes to look that up in the menu options, so John is certainly in his rights to ask around.
But we don't have answers at all. & after all, we answered him already. We said it straight before that there is no English options.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:08   Link #524
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, as I said, once I get the game I am up to do any freelance translation provided that I got the time to do it.

The only problem thus far though... is the fact that I won't have the game until this weekend or early next week.

Woe is the distance of the pacific.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-07, 20:02   Link #525
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
But we don't have answers at all. & after all, we answered him already. We said it straight before that there is no English options.
And actually at least some menu options in the playthrough I saw were in English. The playthrough which you yourself linked, btw. I assume for the moment that there is also a version where all the menus are in Japanese. John isn't ( anymore ) talking about the complete text of the game.
Old 2013-03-07, 23:49   Link #526
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And actually at least some menu options in the playthrough I saw were in English. The playthrough which you yourself linked, btw. I assume for the moment that there is also a version where all the menus are in Japanese. John isn't ( anymore ) talking about the complete text of the game.
I know that. However, asking things that we've already replied to not knowing the answers too is pointless. There is no one on this board who knows whether it comes with anything in English. & by the way, more games are coming with English menus lately because of the popularity overseas. It doesn't necessarily mean they have an option for English playthrough.
Old 2013-03-08, 02:38   Link #527
magnuskn

I think we are still talking past each other. Johns second request was about how to turn the menus into English text. My assumption so far is that the default setting of the menus is completely Japanese text and you can turn the menus into English text to the degree which we saw in that video you linked a few days ago ( and I could be wrong and that amount of English text is already displayed from the start ).

We have at least one member of the group ( Tak ) who will get the game soon and speaks and reads Japanese. If he still remembers this question, he will be able to tell John how to turn the menus part-English by just looking into the options menu.

Whew, I hope that made things clear. ^^
Old 2013-03-08, 06:47   Link #528
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Gosh, some people are wearing some tight underwear, lately, huh?

Old 2013-03-08, 09:07   Link #529
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

No, Beto; I'm not. My attitude is simply when a question is answered, asking it again in a different structure is annoying. For one, there is no different answer. One of those people tried it on me last night at the game, asking about my schooling and how many courses I take for it which I said "do you really think I bother to count while doing my homework?" After all, we're at a hockey game and he's screaming the question in my ear, then rephrases said question again. I yelled at him. It is only logical that when there is no actual answer, a person should let it drop. I am not in the wrong here.

Magnus, I understand that. But no one has the answer and so, he should let it drop for now instead of asking it over and over again while rephrasing it. Basically, he is still asking if anything at all comes in English and that is a rephrase and fancier way of saying "can the whole thing come in English?" because once you discover there are English menus, he'll go right back to asking it.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:25   Link #530
magnuskn

That is an unfounded assumption, LMK, John asked exactly two times and about two different things. He also has posted quite a lot over the years on this board and doesn't deserve to be shouted at over nothing.
Old 2013-03-08, 12:16   Link #531
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I personally think you all should can it. I'm sure John is watching this with bated breath, wondering to himself,'How did I ever become the hot topic of AS Macross thread? Should I be excited?'

Not that I'm not sympathetic to a degree; we all ARE rather hungry and ever so patiently for some Macross news.

But still, yeah, you can silence yourselves now. And possibly join me on missions. We can sing Kumbaya together.

-Cheesie the Amazing, Hot Missionerie. (Because I can.)
Old 2013-03-08, 12:39   Link #532
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Cheesie, go bother Tak, will ya?

Old 2013-03-09, 05:48   Link #533
magnuskn

Yeah, poke him a bit. With your finger. On his forehead.
Old 2013-03-12, 10:56   Link #534
Kylegoblue

Quote:
So anyone knows how to turn the menu options into English ?
I don't, but someone over on macrossworld is working on a translation guide. He's done quite a bit of work already and it's really well done. I've finished the game, even not knowing Japanese, and it's really a blast to play. Good luck!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/inde...howtopic=38660
Old 2013-03-12, 11:52   Link #535
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

WHY IS MY COPY STILL FLOATING AROUND THE PACIFIC!!!???

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-12, 17:02   Link #536
magnuskn

So, does anybody want to hazard a plot summary yet?
Old 2013-03-12, 21:43   Link #537
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I think if anyone writes a summary, it will be long.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:47   Link #538
magnuskn

Broad strokes would do. Although a bit on detail on Alto and Sheryl would be appreciated. ^^
Old 2013-03-13, 05:43   Link #539
John117xCortana

And her meeting with Sara Nome.
Old 2013-03-13, 06:57   Link #540
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
And her meeting with Sara Nome.
Although, I don't understand japanese, it's easy to understand the gist of their meeting.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread