AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 09:51   Link #41
ReddyRedWolf

Tokyo TOY SHOW 2008 June 19
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/to...008/report.htm

Just scroll down a bit you'll find VF-25 proto, several VF-1, and the Nyan-Nyan mascot.

Yum on MP-7 too which Shoji Kawamori also designed. (With signature hip kibble.)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 12:25   Link #42
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
Basara is fighting? That'd be strange.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 12:30   Link #43
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Basara is fighting? That'd be strange.
Yeah, he has a pretty unique fighting style (tag everyone with speaker rounds, then Guitar Hero them into confusion/raving fandom while trying to not get shot down). I wonder if they'll actually have this mechanic for his missions?
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 21:00   Link #44
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

[IMG][/IMG]
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:51   Link #45
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Bandai is releasing a 1/60 scale (perfect transformation) VF-25.

Here are pictures from the latest Hobby Japan mag. Enjoy!

Old 2008-06-27, 00:02   Link #46
4Tran

<SNIP Tomahawk>

Awesome! I can just imagine someone taking this puppy to a Battletech tournament!
Old 2008-06-27, 04:34   Link #47
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
<SNIP Tomahawk>

Awesome! I can just imagine someone taking this puppy to a Battletech tournament!
he 's a lil' bit too large i'll say
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 07:50   Link #48
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Spoiler for Huge picture:

Oh gawd, do want.

But I'd bring both the Tomahawk and the just announced Defender to a tourny to see the rage it illicits.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 15:20   Link #49
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Spoiler for Huge picture:

Oh gawd, do want.

But I'd bring both the Tomahawk and the just announced Defender to a tourny to see the rage it illicits.

Klein win! I rather want the normal adult version from her in my collection, but this is also very cute.
Anyway, i'll buy a Klan figure. This is sure. And this version, or any other will be the lucky one... hmmm... dunno.
Old 2008-07-04, 13:32   Link #50
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Old 2008-07-04, 17:08   Link #51
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
Macross Ace Frontier (PSP)

Release date: Fall 2008

Series list:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Macross 7

Macross Plus

Macross Zero

Macross Frontier

-----------------------

Famitsu magazine scans:

I would kill for english version of this game!!!!!!!!!!!
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 03:38   Link #52
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
im still going to get it and play it on psp with my knowledge of chinese characters and limited japanes script
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 01:58   Link #53
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

1/60 VF-25 DX Chogokin

1/72 VF-25 Plastic Model

Old 2008-07-29, 17:01   Link #54
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

i want one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
sekidousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 23:03   Link #55
March

I received my shipment of the first issue of the new Macross Chronicle today and I've had a chance to look it over.

As we all know, the Macross Chronicle is not one book but a series of loose-leaf style sheets inside a thin folder (with three-hole punch in each sheet). The first issue contains 20 pages and each issue is divided into specialty sheets titled Mechanic Sheet, Character Sheet, Timeline Sheet, World Guide Sheet, History Sheet, Technology Sheet, Gallery Sheet, Song Sheet, Goods Sheet, and four other miscellaneous sheets named Glossary, Tribute, Making and Extra Sheets. Each Macross Chronicle issue is made to fit inside a Macross Chronicle binder (sold seperately) which features dividers for 7 categories; Mechanic, Character, Timeline, History, Technology, World Guide and Special.

Macross Chronicle Issue One details the VF-1J Valkyrie, including a 2-page fold out painting of the fighter mode in high detail colors, drawn by Tenjin Hidetaka (known for his beautiful Macross art work on the Hasegawa model boxes and his own Tenjin Hidetaka Valkyrie Artworks of Macross book). There is not an abundance of line art to be found here but the VF-1J section does include line art of VF-1J white/red in full color Fighter and Fighter ventral view, full color Battroid and Battroid rear view and full color GERWALK and GERWALK rear view. Also included are full color pictures for all modes of the Max and Milia variants of the VF-1J Valkyrie. Also included is the VF-19 Excalibur Custom Sound Booster (color Battroid mode only) sheet, Lynn Minmay Character Sheet, Haruhiko Mikimoto Gallery Sheet (with another 2-page fold out painting), Mash Macross II Character sheet, 1999-2004 Timeline Sheet, Sharon Apple History Sheet, Technology Sheet, Sheryl Nome Song Sheet, the old Bandai 1/55 scale VF-1J transformable toy Goods Sheet, a subscription sheet and a Yamato advertisement sheet for the VF-1A Valkyrie 1/48 scale Max and the VF-1S Super Valkyrie 1/48 scale Hikaru weathered.

Without a doubt the Macross Chronicle is designed to be a fan book. It's filled with plenty of flavor text, official trivia and is very colorful. It's designed to cover ALL aspects of the Macross universe, NOT focus upon only one facet of the fiction. So it cannot be emphasized enough that - based on the mechanic sections of issue 1 - the Macross Chronicle is NOT a replacement for the art books of the Macross Mecha, like the Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works book for example. Other than the full color pictures, there is not a lot of extra line art to admire and most of the non-color pictures are small. However, since this is the first time we've ever seen the Macross mecha colored in a collected work, this book is a real treasure.

Speaking as owner of the Macross Mecha Manual, the coloring is definitely a step up from my own coloring work

Here's some sample pictures:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscella...le01-front.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscella...1-vf1j-pg3.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscella...e01-minmay.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscella...f1jfighter.jpg
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 10:29   Link #56
xytrix

Macross Ace Frontier PV
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:13   Link #57
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Looks Alto is much better than Basara according to the stats in the screen shot.

How can a shouting dude be better than a guy who plays guitar while flying a jet effortlessly!?
Old 2008-08-06, 01:07   Link #58
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Looks Alto is much better than Basara according to the stats in the screen shot.

How can a shouting dude be better than a guy who plays guitar while flying a jet effortlessly!?
Because the Basara concept is retarded?
It's basicly the only damn thing in M7 that i really dislike.
Controlling a plane with a guitar hmmz borderline, but then and singing, and piloting without a helmet and oxygene mask and pulling moves that would put several G's on your body... In my opinion the guy should have been blasted to little pieces in the frist real combat situation, only to be replaced by Mylene.

The Jamming birds concept with 2 seaters was much better as a whole to be honest.
.Mero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 05:37   Link #59
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Who wants?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 06:16   Link #60
.Mero

o_O

Yes please damn that looks sweet, i'd have to find another spot to place the dining table though :P
.Mero is offline   Reply With Quote