AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 30 16.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 25.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 23.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 17.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 8.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 4.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 16:10   Link #141
Dop
Mmmm....

Gosh, like that wasn't going to happen.
In the final scene, I was thinking "SHOOT MARIA! SHOOT HER NOW!"

But was the tin of mackerel a red herring?
Old 2009-07-23, 16:21   Link #142
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Gotta say, I'm not as much a fan of using the game's music and sound effects as some people seem to be. That laugh, it always felt a little silly to me in-game, and in the anime, it just feels even more wrong.

But I'm far more irked at how the pacing was messed up this time after such a good job with episode I-3. Just slowing it down a tiny bit and ending with the phone call would have been far creepier and more dramatic. Ending every episode with people dying feels super predictable, and it's just unfortunate.

After sacrificing the first two episodes, there's really no excuse. I'm giving this one 6/10.
Old 2009-07-23, 16:55   Link #143
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop
But was the tin of mackerel a red herring?
I find it more interesting that none of the 3 servants know who put the letter there.
Old 2009-07-23, 17:52   Link #144
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
I find it more interesting that none of the 3 servants know who put the letter there.
Yeah, in the original VN I just thought that nobody was really facing the table and that they were all spread out throughout the room a little bit (other than Natsuhi, Jessica, George, and Battler who were in front of the painting). So nobody really looked that suspicious.

But the anime really does make it look like all 3 of them were in on it or something, they seemed to be facing the table the whole time and then suddenly a letter just appears.

Old 2009-07-23, 18:53   Link #145
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Maria eh...she was acting suspicious/possessed all along...

getting interesting
Old 2009-07-23, 19:11   Link #146
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Holy crap! Actual reactions triggered by Maria's odd behaviour?! Only an episode late there DEEN...

Maria's face is lol. Not anywhere near as bad as with Shion in Higurashi but still hilarious. The demented, evil look is just too silly to take seriously for me. And something felt very off with that scene involving Kanon and Kumasawa right before Kanon's showdown with Beatrice.

I do like how it ended (a little more on the creepy side with Maria singing there) but like the other murders they just happen so quickly and don't give you time for it to sink in.

Rest of the episode seemed fine for me, but definitely not as good as the last episode
Old 2009-07-23, 19:25   Link #147
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Thoughts on Episode 1-4.

Good episode overall, but the series is losing steam because it's falling into a predictable pattern. It's obviously going to change up as early as next week though, so I don't think I have too much to worry about. As for the whole VN issue thing, I have to admit that I feel a bit overwhelmed at times at all the negativity towards the anime adaption. Yeah it's not the VN, and sure those criticizing the anime have the right to criticize it (and most even enjoy it), but it makes me feel like the bad guy for enjoying the anime when I should be playing the far superior VN first.

And they really need to turn up the music volume at times.
Old 2009-07-23, 20:20   Link #148
Mint Kashiro

The change up that does happen soon (and I'm hoping they actually animate it. I think they have to) will definitely making it more interesting.

I'm actually enjoying the anime even after catching up and being halfway through episode 2 of the VN, but I must say that this felt really rushed. They did get most of the key information in, but we really didn't have much time for any of the deaths to really sink in - Battler's fighting with his tears was massively cut out, and that's a bit upsetting.

Next episode should hopefully slow things down a little bit before we hit the next arc.
Old 2009-07-23, 22:27   Link #149
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

As expected, another awesome ep. I was kind of surprised how Battler and the others just realized the connection between the murder and the epitaph, especially after they were analyzing it at the beach in ep 1. Also how there appear to be another painting of Beatrice and epitaph in Kinzo's room which seems too handy for Battler and the others to look at when they happen to realize the connection in Kinzo's room. Oh well, what a cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next ep.
Old 2009-07-23, 22:49   Link #150
Saber Cherry
Marionette

By episode 3, as a character, I would have killed Maria for my own safety because she's psycho. By episode 4, I want to kill her as a viewer because she's just too ridiculous. She doesn't even have a human face anymore.
Old 2009-07-23, 23:20   Link #151
Saerianne
*cackle*

I'm sick of them giving Maria those stupid faces, and making her look like some dumb freak. She isn't at all! Sick of them giving the girls huge breasts too. I know a few characters do have them, but ugh...
I don't know why they shoved Kumasawa, Genji and Nanjo right in front of the table either. It looked out of place and made them look more suspicious. Seriously, even if the letter suddenly appeared there, it was right in front of their eyes.
Ughhh.
6/10.
Old 2009-07-24, 06:48   Link #152
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Didn't like this as much as episode three but that was because we had more of Battler going into Battle mode, then.

More Battler!
Old 2009-07-24, 07:15   Link #153
Alaya
Counter Force

Finally have time to watch it. 7/10 for me.
Spoiler for anime episode 4:

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-24, 08:08   Link #154
Kazane

Wasn't really impressed with this episode unlike the previous ones. This one just had too many awkward scenes.
However, though, the scenes from Maria's phone call onwards were good. But do they really have to end with murders every week?

Also, I'm confused. What are twilights, anyway? I don't see how the murderer(s) could have completed the gouging steps so quickly. Hasn't it only been one day since the murders started? It might be possible that the culprit is doing it wrongly but I think I'm the one who misunderstood something here.

7/10
Old 2009-07-24, 08:12   Link #155
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
Wasn't really impressed with this episode unlike the previous ones. This one just had too many awkward scenes.
However, though, the scenes from Maria's phone call onwards were good. But do they really have to end with murders every week?

Also, I'm confused. What are twilights, anyway? I don't see how the murderer(s) could have completed the gouging steps so quickly. Hasn't it only been one day since the murders started? It might be possible that the culprit is doing it wrongly but I think I'm the one who misunderstood something here.

7/10
You're not really misunderstanding things mostly because no one, even VN players like me, really understands most of it.
Old 2009-07-24, 10:35   Link #156
lubczyk

At this point Maria is probably the killer. It would be wise of Natsui to just blow her head off the first chance she gets.

Unless Battler is somehow the killer. It would make no sense for the killer to kill everyone in the room except for Maria otherwise. Why would the killer leave a witness?
Old 2009-07-24, 11:07   Link #157
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
At this point Maria is probably the killer. It would be wise of Natsui to just blow her head off the first chance she gets.

Unless Battler is somehow the killer. It would make no sense for the killer to kill everyone in the room except for Maria otherwise. Why would the killer leave a witness?
If you are a witch you cant kill someone with thatv talisman and if you want people to belive you are a witch it makes sense not to kill the person who carries it.
Old 2009-07-24, 11:26   Link #158
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post

Because she's a witness that would always answer "Beatrice did it with magic" no matter how many times you ask her.

Old 2009-07-24, 11:28   Link #159
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And that's not even considering how she could physically even kill 3 people each twice her size.
Old 2009-07-24, 11:38   Link #160
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In the case of Nanjo it's four or five times bigger XD

Closed Thread