AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2015-12-08, 06:19   Link #3721
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
The camrip is out, but it's probably not allowed to link it. I'm not really impressed honestly and don't even understand what they were trying to show. Looks like they just put there some random ideas they could imagine. Atleast I'm sure it's not an announcement yet.
Of course you're not impressed, you won't be because you don't want more PMMM. I have no idea why you'd be surprised with yourself for thinking otherwise.

Read it and weep

"The January 2016 issue of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine is publishing an interview with SHAFT representative director and president Mitsutoshi Kubota on Thursday and it reveals more details on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica concept movie shown in SHAFT's "~Commemorating 40 Years of Shaft~ Madogatari" event last month. Kubota is credited as the producer for the project. He confirms that the project will not end with just the concept movie, but will launch a brand new Puella Magi Madoka Magica project. "

CONFIRMED, just as you (never) wanted.
Old 2015-12-08, 07:16   Link #3722
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka's sandbag View Post
Of course you're not impressed, you won't be because you don't want more PMMM. I have no idea why you'd be surprised with yourself for thinking otherwise.

Read it and weep
Ok enough of this. I already told you once to dial it back, and you're damn lucky this post isn't getting you an official action. Knock it off. You're happy about some news, great. Stop acting like anyone who disagrees with you about anything regarding this news is on the wrong side of history. We're all fans here. Stop acting like there are sides that must be won.

This is the last time I will say this. If you don't like someone's opinion, either respond politely or not at all. This passive aggressive behavior you're displaying isn't cool. The next time I'll just jump right to an official infraction.
Old 2015-12-08, 09:48   Link #3723
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@Sayaka's sandbag - Those of us who want more PMMM are going to get what we want. I'm very glad about that myself, but there's no need to be sore winners about it.

So... Ballet-dancing Madoka, "God of War" Mami, and badass-looking partially-masked Sayaka. That's three excellent character updates right there. It definitely leaves me feeling good about this new Madoka project.

It's interesting that there's some hint of Hitomi becoming more important in the sequel. Might we get puella magi Hitomi Shizuki?

Well, whatever we do get, be it TV series or movie or OVA, I'm definitely looking forward to it. But I agree with Sayaka's sandbag, Vegard Aune, and Sayaka Rei that a TV series would be best.
Old 2015-12-08, 11:07   Link #3724
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But I agree with Sayaka's sandbag, Vegard Aune, and Sayaka Rei that a TV series would be best.
Just to clarify here, the only reason why I want a TV-series over a movie is because a TV-series I'd be able to watch right away, whereas a movie... I'd need to be in Japan in order to see it when it comes out. In terms of the actual story... I don't know, I have no idea what the story is going to be beyond "Mami will get more focus, Sayaka and Nagisa will also be important characters and it's probably continuing off of Rebellion". Is there enough material in this new story to actually warrant a 12-episode show or even more? Who knows, but I seem to recall hearing that Rebellion was originally envisioned as a second season to the show only to end up as a movie instead because there simply wasn't enough material in the story to reasonably drag it out that far. (And personally, I thought even the movie felt a bit padded...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
The camrip is out, but it's probably not allowed to link it. I'm not really impressed honestly and don't even understand what they were trying to show. Looks like they just put there some random ideas they could imagine. Atleast I'm sure it's not an announcement yet.
Of course the video doesn't show much. This project has literally only just been announced. Go back and look at the earliest teasers for Rebellion; they were just as vague as this video is. And considerably shorter. And heck, those only came out a long time after it had been announced that there would be a Madoka movie, so actually they've already given us one hell of a lot more material to go off of here than they did for the initial reveal of the Madoka movie trilogy.
Old 2015-12-08, 12:18   Link #3725
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently came across the concept movie, and watched it.

To be fair to woxx, it does have its weak points. It seemed pretty slow to me, as certain shots lingered.

Still, it was interesting. My main takeaways:

1. Mami's prominence in the concept movie really stands out. This may well be the most powerful element of the concept movie. Mami's head as a Roman-era statue, giving me a strong Caesar vibe. Near the end with a orange-yellowish glowing Mami standing tall. They seem to be presenting Mami as some sort of Puella Magi General. If you're a big Mami fan, you'll probably love this concept movie.

2. Madoka is nice and elegant in her ballet costume, and her dancing is nice, but kinda slow

3. It's hard not to think "ninja!" over Sayaka's partial face-covering, and Nagisa's brief running bit. I joked to a friend "Teenage Magi Ninja Girls!"

4. One thing Rebellion did is bring all the main cast together as a tight team called the Puella Magi Holy Quintet. What stood out to me in this concept movie is much the opposite - Just how separate and distinct the six main girls are from each other. There's precious little scene-sharing between two or more of the six, and they're all framed very differently from another, like what I discussed above. So I wonder if the sequel might go the opposite direction of Rebellion - Each of the main six are mostly off doing their own thing, and are now only loosely affiliated with each other. They each have their own story to tell, and maybe they'll all converge in the end. If this is the case, it might be an interesting change of pace from what Rebellion was like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Just to clarify here, the only reason why I want a TV-series over a movie is because a TV-series I'd be able to watch right away, whereas a movie... I'd need to be in Japan in order to see it when it comes out.
Same here.

When it comes to "what's best for the story", they should choose whichever format meshes best with the amount of content they want to cover. If 2 hours of content is ideal, then go with a movie. If 4-to-5 hours of content is ideal, then go with a TV series.
Old 2015-12-08, 13:22   Link #3726
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Ok enough of this. I already told you once to dial it back, and you're damn lucky this post isn't getting you an official action. Knock it off. You're happy about some news, great. Stop acting like anyone who disagrees with you about anything regarding this news is on the wrong side of history. We're all fans here. Stop acting like there are sides that must be won.

This is the last time I will say this. If you don't like someone's opinion, either respond politely or not at all. This passive aggressive behavior you're displaying isn't cool. The next time I'll just jump right to an official infraction.
Again, just stating the truth from from what I've seen. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
@Sayaka's sandbag - Those of us who want more PMMM are going to get what we want. I'm very glad about that myself, but there's no need to be sore winners about it.
I'll be good. :3
Old 2015-12-08, 14:43   Link #3727
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka's sandbag View Post

Read it and weep

"The January 2016 issue of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine is publishing an interview with SHAFT representative director and president Mitsutoshi Kubota on Thursday and it reveals more details on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica concept movie shown in SHAFT's "~Commemorating 40 Years of Shaft~ Madogatari" event last month. Kubota is credited as the producer for the project. He confirms that the project will not end with just the concept movie, but will launch a brand new Puella Magi Madoka Magica project. "

CONFIRMED, just as you (never) wanted.
I have already agreed that they are making sequel, I'm just saying it's not really announced yet as we don't even know which form franchise will have.

I don't think switching from series to movies and to series again makes any sense. So it probably will be the movie. The worst scenario - just some OVA.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 17:04   Link #3728
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I would love to see a final showdown between Madoka and Homura. No holds barred. Power levels at a universal scale. Total destruction and death.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 13:37   Link #3729
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Considering their personalities and relationship, that's pretty unlikely. I see something akin to a Shaping Duel from Exalted or something, where they keep casually warping reality. One moment they're throwing dead timelines like ninja stars, the next they're sitting down for tea, the TV on and the news report constantly flickering and changing the facts, expositing different changes.

Then they keep lotus-eatering each other. Look at this world, isn't it nice? Sure but this world's better. Stay here, would you?
Old 2015-12-09, 23:27   Link #3730
bigbossbalrog

Hmmm, it seems Homura is wearing the soul ring on her wedding finger, which people are pointing out on reddit. Hopefully we get a Madohomu ending. Homura basically admitted her romantic love at the end of rebellion.
bigbossbalrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 05:03   Link #3731
silvercover
Romance Expert

can I post the camrip if its from something really public, like youtube? it even has ENG subtitle for people to easily understand what they're saying

anyways, these are what im getting just from looking at it:
>mami is gonna wreck some shit up, potentially rising as another power like homura and madoka did
>sayaka's either being suppressed or controlled by homura, also much closer to being like a witch
>nagisa helping out mami and maybe is the large bridge/cannon/thing
>homura might be turning closer to an actual devil/demon during that fire scene
>kyouko being irrelevant as usual
>hitomi becoming a magical girl or at least knows about them now
>madoka seeking help from another party, could be fairies/magical girls/something similar to kyuubey

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 06:36   Link #3732
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'd rather it not be linked here. It's not hard to find.
Old 2015-12-10, 08:39   Link #3733
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'd rather it not be linked here. It's not hard to find.
how about we get a new thread about the concept movie or title it as "madokagatari"?

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 08:48   Link #3734
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
how about we get a new thread about the concept movie or title it as "madokagatari"?
It will be a good idea to make a new thread about new project, when they announce what exactly it will be. I don't think there are much to disscuss left. Speculation is fun, but it's almost impossible to predict anything by shaft's trailers/teasers.
Old 2015-12-10, 08:50   Link #3735
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
To what end? I know what the thread could be used for, but since the majority of the discussion will simply be speculation about what hints the movie is giving about a future announcement, I don't see why the current thread can't serve that purpose just fine. I'd rather wait until something is officially announced before creating a new discussion/speculation thread.
Old 2015-12-13, 18:52   Link #3736
woxx

Considering this concept movie they are probably going to ripoff a Swan lake. Allegories for original series(Faust) and rebellion(Nutcracker ballet, Thus spoke Zarathustra) were a lot better with much deeper philosophy, so I'm sure Gen isn't writing anymore.

Last edited by woxx; 2015-12-14 at 03:53.
Old 2015-12-14, 14:12   Link #3737
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Er, it's not ripping off, it's called allusion. Swan Lake is by the same author as the Nutcracker, so it's a useful fairy tale motif.

It's also unfair to judge the entire work based on 4 minutes, especially when we know there's more. Mami's portrayal in the new work is supposed to evoke the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, for instance, and Shroedinger's Cat was also alluded to. I'm sure there's going to be even more literary allusions that help fill out the substance of the new story.

Especially, since, y'know...Urobuchi wasn't responsible for most of the original literary references except for Faust, and even then, the other developers expanded on it significantly. The Nutcracker stuff was primarily Inu Curry, as well.
Old 2015-12-16, 05:23   Link #3738
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Er, it's not ripping off, it's called allusion. Swan Lake is by the same author as the Nutcracker, so it's a useful fairy tale motif.

It's also unfair to judge the entire work based on 4 minutes, especially when we know there's more. Mami's portrayal in the new work is supposed to evoke the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, for instance, and Shroedinger's Cat was also alluded to. I'm sure there's going to be even more literary allusions that help fill out the substance of the new story.

Especially, since, y'know...Urobuchi wasn't responsible for most of the original literary references except for Faust, and even then, the other developers expanded on it significantly. The Nutcracker stuff was primarily Inu Curry, as well.
I mean it's a bit weird that they making references to one ballet then to another ballet of the same author. And it's not just allusions, Rebellion has kinda similar plot to Nutracker and to one of its possible endings. If I'm correct, you can already find out how "future" sequel can end. Only question who is Homura: Siegfried or Von Rothbart.
Old 2015-12-16, 14:09   Link #3739
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Well, it IS an allusion, it's just that the allusion is also a whole plot reference.

As for Homura, she's definitely going to have elements of both characters. She stole the princess of heaven, afterall, and turned her into a beautiful swan in a lake of peace surrounded by a silver garden. As comforting a prison it is, a prison it still is.
Old 2015-12-23, 18:55   Link #3740
Sayaka Rei

There is also a version B of the concept movie !

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-osaka/.96858
Sayaka Rei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen