Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 00:22   Link #1
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Gtx 460

TD has GTX 460 for $90 MR and I was thinking of grabbing it for a relative of mine. The problem is he doesn't use it for anything graphic intense and was hoping to keep to a $40~50 budget. Thus, I could probably get a 5670 for ~$65. I still feel that the $90 is quite the good deal, and the few extra is worth it. What do you think?
Old 2011-02-06, 03:06   Link #2
sneaker

Sorry to not answer your question, but if he does not do anything graphic intense why does he want a new graphic card?
And only $90 seems very cheap, around here it costs over $160 for the cheapest 768 MB model.

/edit: ah, MR must mean not US dollar? did overlook that.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 04:02   Link #3
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

MR is probably manufacturer's rebate. And we're likely talking an SE model (288 shaders versus 336 on non-SE variants).

I agree... if he's not doing anything graphics intensive I'm not sure why he needs a fast GPU. And if I remember right, doesn't the GTX 460 require two six pin connections to the power supply? Many low end systems won't support that.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 12:09   Link #4
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
The reason why he came to the conclusion that he needed a new graphic card was due to the problem with his current integrated graphic card couldn't support the games he wanted to play. He is also running a 1920X1200 monitor, thus I don't think it would be a waste to have a $90 GTX just in case. Or maybe I should just grab something in the mid range?

TD
Old 2011-02-06, 12:21   Link #5
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Its a great deal. Check if your relative's computer's power supply can handle a GTX460, if it can, I'd go with the GTX460.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:37   Link #6
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

That's a ridiculously good price for a pretty nice card. However, make sure his system can handle it first though. Motherboard, Power Supply, you know.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 18:15   Link #7
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
And if I remember right, doesn't the GTX 460 require two six pin connections to the power supply? Many low end systems won't support that.
460 needs a 450w PSU, and depending on the manufacturer, probably comes with some power adapters to convert a pair of 4 pin molex into 6 pin power
Old 2011-02-06, 21:05   Link #8
problemedchild
ô_ô

TD lists the item as sold out. What game is he trying to play? And what is his system spec?

If you're shopping for a little higher end, here is a HD6870 for 150 MIR.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...D&body=REBATES

If you're worried about missing the deal, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The price of the 460 GTX has been dropping at a pretty impressive rate for quite sometime. Another sale is bound to come up.

In case you were wondering, the 786 model actual went on sale during Christmas for 90 as well =P
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote