AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 21:39   Link #301
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I think you were talking about the two damaged TSFs trying to RTB when they were shoot down?

Thats because the front line was annihilated, and they were trying to fall back to base. Its obvious they panicked and forgot to keep low enough to avoid laser class fire.

You should wait for the subs before judging whats good and whats not.
Some despair right in the first episode, I hope they don't overdo it with the hope-crushing.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:43   Link #302
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Personally, I think it was good enough for a first ep.
Spoiler for ep1:
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:44   Link #303
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
Kriska isn`t the worst matter. We can see it as more familiar form of real Крыся - familiar variant of Кристина-Kristina, form that isn`t rare in Belorussia.

But Fikatsia Latrova, that will appeal later is terrible - that isn`t human name. More resemble some letal disease.
At least it's not de Fikatsia...

Last edited by konart; 2012-07-01 at 22:58.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:47   Link #304
gbatemper

Apparently Ax gets to watch episode 1 AND 2. Japan already saw it in a pre screen before. Goddamit only if I went to ax
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:18   Link #305
gbatemper

2nd episode review by a anon who is at ax
Spoiler:
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:59   Link #306
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:10   Link #307
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I'm just worried if 13 eps is enough for ML:TE.
Spoiler for eps:
Old 2012-07-02, 00:14   Link #308
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You know what? I LOVED the first episode. I can't think of any anime in recent memory that had the seriousness, urgency, and feeling of despair that Total Eclipse has given. Breath of fresh air when compared to other mecha like say, Akb0048, Gundam AGE, or Eureka 7.

All it's missing is a love triangle. I know it's an adaptation, but I just hope Satelite goes more the way of Aquarion than Space Pirates in terms of romance; in other words, give me oodles and oodles, as I can't have enough of it.

So far, while it isn't the series that wowed me the most in the first episode (Arcana Family currently holds the title), I can still see the potential for it being my favourite of the season.

And welcome back Nakahara Mai. After like 2 years of not having a lead role (Zakuro IIRC is her last main cahracter), she comes back not in 1 but 2 series as the main lead. Which reminds me, gotta go see that fairy show now...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:17   Link #309
Nyat

13 episodes? Source?
Nyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:18   Link #310
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

hmm... expected better, but I guess I'll have to take what I get.

Pretty weak first episode, btw.
Old 2012-07-02, 00:38   Link #311
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Ep 1:

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-02 at 01:00.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:48   Link #312
Utsuro no Hako

What a horrible first episode. I don't know which is worse, that they're wasting two episodes on backstory, or that they made it feel like a clip-show about a bunch of characters we don't know. How am I supposed to care about these girls when the only distinctive characteristics they've demonstrated are their bust sizes. The writers should've gone back to watch Gundam and Macross to see how those series dispensed with the backstory in two minutes before the credits.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:56   Link #313
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Since the first Ep has aired, i think we can drop the spoiler tags, right? Screenshots are everywhere.

I think everyone you see in the training school would end up being 8 minuted except Yui.

Btw, who remembers what the Yellow color standard for Imperial Household troops stands for? Purple was for Emperor direct line, Red is for the direct Imperial Guard commander, White is Imperial Guard commanders, Blue was Assault commander directly from one of the 5 ruling families with the potential for becoming an emperor. Black/Grey is common soldier. Imperial Yellow should be distinguished commanders or royal guard? Yui doesn't seem to fit either?

I remember reading in one of the wikis. http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Type-00_Takemikazuchi.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-02 at 01:13.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:00   Link #314
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
What a horrible first episode. I don't know which is worse, that they're wasting two episodes on backstory, or that they made it feel like a clip-show about a bunch of characters we don't know. How am I supposed to care about these girls when the only distinctive characteristics they've demonstrated are their bust sizes. The writers should've gone back to watch Gundam and Macross to see how those series dispensed with the backstory in two minutes before the credits.
That's because the backstory was already shown for those series. Its why gundam 0079 was initially disliked when it first came out for being too radical and not showing the background story, leaving ppl confused.

Still, this is the first step into the MuvLuv universe. Pretend its all new, and you have no idea whats going to happen next.

At the very least, it should be better than Gunparade march and Blue Gender.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:10   Link #315
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Since the first Ep has aired, i think we can drop the spoiler tags, right? Screenshots are everywhere.

I think everyone you see in the training school would end up being 8 minuted except Yui.

Btw, who remembers what the Yellow color standard for Imperial Household troops stands for? Purple was for Emperor direct line, Red is for the direct Imperial Guard commander, White is Imperial Guard, Blue was Assault commander directly from one of the 3(?) ruling families with the potential for becoming an emperor. Black is common soldier. Imperial Yellow should be one of the direct inheritance to the ruling family?

I remember reading in one of the wikis. Going to look it up.
5 regent houses, not 3. The yellow color is used by the Shogun's hereditary vassals.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:19   Link #316
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Found the relavent Zuikaku wiki with color codes

Yup, yellow version for fudai (hereditary vassals to the Shogun)

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Type-82/F-4J_Kai_Zuikaku
Old 2012-07-02, 01:30   Link #317
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
That's because the backstory was already shown for those series. Its why gundam 0079 was initially disliked when it first came out for being too radical and not showing the background story, leaving ppl confused.
I'm talking about the originals. Gundam didn't spend an episode on why the Sides were built and how Zeon came to rebel -- the opening shot of the series is an O'Neill cylinder falling on a city while the narrator says, "Hey, there's like this civil war between Earth and its space colonies, and it's left billions dead on both sides," and then the episode jumps straight into Amaro's story. All the the other backstory is worked into the narrative as needed. Ditto Macross.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:37   Link #318
U<3Anime
Boo!

So they went for the Calm Before the Storm scenario for the first episode eh. Hard to care about any of those classmates because they are all most likely going to get slaughtered in typical muv-luv fashion next episode. Wish they showed a bit more of the BETA, but otherwise, they did a decent job at building some tension near the end.

But man that OP song.....Ughhh Koda Kumi? fucking why?
Old 2012-07-02, 01:44   Link #319
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Am I the only one who really liked the opening theme by Kumi Koda, even though it didn't fit the show's mood ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:48   Link #320
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I find these two prequel episodes quite fitting, as they represent what Muv Luv is overall; a slice-of-life mecha story with HUGE JABS of despair thrown in.

It could be argued you could generalize much of Muv Luv with what is shown here in these two episodes, in my opinion.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen