Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2015-01-15, 17:35   Link #1961
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaine View Post
To this day, I still can't feel satisfied with the story. The very idea that she'll eventually move on and take another lover just kills it for me.
Huh? It's been a while since I've finished reading this but I don't remember reading a particular line about that (or maybe it was one of those hypothetical talks of theirs?).
Old 2015-01-15, 19:50   Link #1962
Newhope

Quote:
To this day, I still can't feel satisfied with the story. The very idea that she'll eventually move on and take another lover just kills it for me. Totally destroys the potency of their relationship and cheapens the coupling. I guess the author just doesn't understand that kind of once in a lifetime love.

And before someone says it's selfish or love/relationships are transient, just stop, because you clearly don't have the same core values or experiences.
I find people like you frankly odd, or really young.

Holo will live hundreds possibly thousands of years after Lawrence dies, why would her moving on with her life and maybe falling in love with somebody else cheapen the time they spend together?

If I was Lawrence I'd want her to move on and be happy after I die rather than see her be sad and alone.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 22:17   Link #1963
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
To this day, I still can't feel satisfied with the story. The very idea that she'll eventually move on and take another lover just kills it for me. Totally destroys the potency of their relationship and cheapens the coupling. I guess the author just doesn't understand that kind of once in a lifetime love.

And before someone says it's selfish or love/relationships are transient, just stop, because you clearly don't have the same core values or experiences.
So you're basically saying that a couple who get separated early due to unfortunate incident(can be sickness or accident) doesn't deserve another chance at happiness for the rest of his/her life and has to suffer/die along with his/her partner?
Old 2015-02-19, 07:18   Link #1964
lann

I know I'm a bit behind but I just want to say how much i loved volume 12. It really has the right feel for the series that was lacking in so many previous volumes.
Old 2015-02-19, 07:33   Link #1965
lann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I find people like you frankly odd, or really young.

Holo will live hundreds possibly thousands of years after Lawrence dies, why would her moving on with her life and maybe falling in love with somebody else cheapen the time they spend together?

If I was Lawrence I'd want her to move on and be happy after I die rather than see her be sad and alone.
Besides, if they have babys then Lawrence's kids will always be around. But yes I would say it would be best for Holo to move on.... If shes alive these days she can always go out with me...
Old 2015-02-19, 08:14   Link #1966
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
For me its sad ending really. She will move on and eventually will even forget that Lawrence's name and only, if he is lucky, will remember that he at least existed. 30-40 years is nothing but blink for her.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 09:13   Link #1967
streakingzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
For me its sad ending really. She will move on and eventually will even forget that Lawrence's name and only, if he is lucky, will remember that he at least existed. 30-40 years is nothing but blink for her.
What makes you think she will forget Lawrence? She still remembers her friend's name that she last met years ago, and you think she will forget about her love?
It is doubtful really. Maybe She will move on and find new love, but I dont think she will ever forget Lawrence.
streakingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 12:38   Link #1968
Sacredus

They didn't resolved Holo immortality problem? Well, just think it that way: When she is in human form she are getting older and can die just like normal human. Problem resolved, truly happy end of series.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 17:44   Link #1969
maltygos

she is pregnant of lawrence son(daughter) , forgetting about him is forgetting about her son(daughter) kinda hard for that to happen.

though she may (and deserve to) find another love and that is another story :P
maltygos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 18:21   Link #1970
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
They didn't resolved Holo immortality problem? Well, just think it that way: When she is in human form she are getting older and can die just like normal human. Problem resolved, truly happy end of series.
Well for starters, love does not equate to possession. The ending is fine as is, it's "realistic". She loves Lawrence, will continue to love him, and may eventually move on. That does not mean that the time, memories and the love she gave him will dissapear. Lawrence, to his chagrin, accepted that, and gave her happiness priority.

If your looking for a series where the male protagonist gets his way in everything, then I'm sorry, you're in the wrong thread.
Old 2015-02-19, 18:43   Link #1971
itisjustme

...Having her die so there's nothing after him is a happy ending? That's pretty egocentrism, egotism even.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 23:14   Link #1972
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Well, I finished the English version of Volume XIV. I was pleased with the fact that there were few glaring grammatical errors.

I really loved how the English version captured
Spoiler for Scene at the end of XIV:

I really hate that there are only three English volumes left... No more Japanese novels... And only likely 4-5 more manga at most.
Old 2016-02-08, 15:19   Link #1973
Sacredus

Spice and Wold LN sequel had been announced MAL and CR.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-02-08 at 16:01.
Old 2016-02-08, 18:41   Link #1974
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Spice and Wold LN sequel had been announced MAL and CR.

Spoiler:
this is really a surprising good news!!!, I really wish we could get a third and maybe fourth season for anime or we get all the novel adpated in anime to see the "end" which is so priceless and awesome that was one of the best novels i read and anime i watched and loved so far one of the few "rare" pieces in the ocean of "cliche otaku harem novels" which we have nowadays.
Old 2016-02-09, 05:59   Link #1975
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hoorah! That's great news
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 06:24   Link #1976
Zefyris
図書館狼

Judging by the announcement, it will be a monthly published content. Which means short stories. That may or may not make something big enough to be published in a volume afterwards.
There was that small story included with the spice & wolf artbook that was also happening after the end of volume 17 so that won't be the first short story we'll get.

So at worst no new volume,at best probably one volume, similar to the "side colours" volume 1,2,3 and the volume 17.

It's just a nice way to thanks the fans for the 10th year anniversary rather than a commercial milking or anything. Rather than really continuing a story that already ended, we may see how those characters are doing in their life after this, similar to volume 17 content. Which is nice in itself.

Besides, I kinda want to see
Spoiler for spoiler volume 17:
Old 2016-04-08, 12:00   Link #1977
ukulelembo
Detective

Announcement is out! And new novel is really sequel by all means.
Title is Spice and Wolf: Spring Log.
And here is first key visual:

Spoiler for REALLY BIG SPOILER about Story and characters' descriptions:

More on site: http://hasekuraisuna.jp/works/#SpicyWolf2
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 13:57   Link #1978
Tenzen12

That's great!

Though I just started read v.7 so this is mayor spoiler for me, lol.
Old 2016-04-08, 14:04   Link #1979
Sacredus

Spoiler:

Can't wait for spoilers/translation.

Also
Spoiler:
Old 2016-04-08, 14:48   Link #1980
Romanticide

Hopefully they'll license it here with the rest of them.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen