AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 13:35   Link #12001
Gravitas Free Zone

Images
Clicking.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Clicking intensifies...

Yes, I have the gall to post pictures of SPG wins.

Images
But it's the leFH18B2, which is kinda nifty.

After all, it stands a chance of expending its entire ammunition supply in a single game, can blow up lower and same tiers fairly easily... and might end up just doing 30-damage track damage to high tiers.

Images
How did this get in here?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 20:52   Link #12002
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Images

If I EVER see another match that looks like this I will uninstall this game and never play it again. What a joke.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 20:54   Link #12003
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh, M4 derp, why are you such fun?

Seriously, I'm finding that while I like the T-34, the M4 derp is just giving me loads more fun. Something about popping off that howitzer and nailing people with one shot. Of course, I suck at leading and aiming for long distance shots, which is something I want to try and work on this year. (Or at least until Star Citizen shows up. )

Picked up a Hetzer for the heck of it, and am working on unlocking the derp for it. The next few weeks are going to be shared between the Hetzer, T40, and Wolverine once I unlock it. And I sold my VK 30.01 (H) to make room for my US TDs.

But at the end of the day, the M4 derp is where the fun is at, for me.

And no, I don't carry more than a few rounds of HEAT as a feel-good thing. I load and fire HE all the time.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 21:02   Link #12004
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
These days, if you insist on using a 105 on the M4, some rules of thumb:

a) HE for frontal shots. They're usually more than enough to hurt lights, and moderately damage mediums. Don't use against heavies unless you're specifically aiming at the driver's ports.
b) HEAT for side shots, especially against heavies. Few heavies have 100 armor at tier 5 or 6. Forget it if you're dragged up to tier 7.

RWBladewing: Errant and I had several games like that last night as well, mostly on tier 8. Hard to be the garnish on a team that's pretty much a lasagna combo.
Old 2014-03-05, 21:13   Link #12005
Gravitas Free Zone

Aside from a couple of pokes in the test server, I turned off Confrontation specifically because of hilarious stupidity like that.

(As far as being the single tier 4 in a tier 6 game, I had my best performance ever in the SU-85B in such a scenario, though the tomato ratio helped.)
Old 2014-03-05, 21:19   Link #12006
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

RWBladewing: Errant and I had several games like that last night as well, mostly on tier 8. Hard to be the garnish on a team that's pretty much a lasagna combo.
Lasagna combo nothing, my team was a mild appetizer and I was the after dinner mint. 6 tier 5 KV-1 vs an entire team of Hellcats is not even a match.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 21:46   Link #12007
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

derp mode is ineffective more than it was before, so if I was still playing derp I would sell all the heat rounds and just load he rounds since you will most likely do some dmg on he shots while heat will most likely bounce if they hit the wrong part of a tank (also seeing derp as inaccurate at a range), on top of getting penetration nerfed. its like trying to kill at-2 with heat rounds from the front when you can't flank it becuz its in a narrow lane blocked by cover of hard buildings (since the latest patch allows you to be able to shoot thru most objects with a penetration decrease) or hills.

the best derp in tier 5 i think is still good is most likely the kv-1's 122mm derp, unlike the 105mm, the 122mm still packs enough punch in its he rounds.

@ RWBladewing now that prolly won't make me return back to playing anytime soon.
Old 2014-03-05, 21:54   Link #12008
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

At tier 5, I agree that the KV-1's derp does more damage than the M4's derp, and paradoxially it does teach you peekaboo that you'll need for the KV-1S and the 122mm fuckoff gun. But in terms of accuracy, reload time and general consistency, I find the 105mm to be a bit more consistent.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 23:17   Link #12009
Gravitas Free Zone

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=42019968
Images
Marder 38(t)

I decided to go back and brush up on some of the crew skills in my Flakbus (adding to the greater list of tanks that I've gone back to for the purposes of filling in crews). I'd forgotten just how awkward it is to use the thing (plus some of the maps have become less camp-sniper friendly since the first time). Still sticking to the 88mm L/74, though, as I'd rather keep the ability to punch through anything that it might see, despite the limitations in traverse and ROF.

Meanwhile, I'm actually more than halfway to the T28 TD. I don't particularly feel any great desire to get it though.
Old 2014-03-06, 02:20   Link #12010
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I thought I'd share a couple mods that I always use:

Direction of enemy guns on minimap
No, this isn't the banned mod which shows a laser pointing out of every gun's barrel. This one just shows a red line/arrow on the minimap telling you where the enemies' guns are pointing. It's quite legal to use, and extremely useful especially if you're flanking enemies in mediums.

Julie Voice Pack
I prefer this a lot over the rambling of the default voices. It's a pleasant, unemotional voice that says things quickly and to the point: "bounce," "penetration," "enemy destroyed," "ammo hit," "driver killed," etc. It was last updated for patch 8.8, but it works perfectly on 8.11. Probably the best part about it is that it tells you when you've damaged an enemy's gun.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 02:47   Link #12011
LeoXiao
思想工作

The T-34-1 is a beast. It has three main attributes that make it shine: troll turret, small size, and powerful gun. Used with a bit of attention to the terrain, it can deflect many rounds, even from higher-tier vehicles.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 03:47   Link #12012
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Probably the best part about it is that it tells you when you've damaged an enemy's gun.
I always feel bad for not being able to find an appropriate line for "enemy's gun hit" for the anime voice mods I make. The option has always been there, it's just not a very common thing for people to say(much easier to find lines about your own gun being hit). For now, they share the bounce voices, because I personally find it annoying when a penetrating hit did no damage so counting them as bounces is better for my obsession with consistency.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 04:34   Link #12013
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

If you want to use "legal cheat" mod might as well use fallen object indicator
http://rghost.net/52632245
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 09:25   Link #12014
Gravitas Free Zone

Yesterday's news. (They want to put the Firefly in the tech tree?)

Barrel direction in minimap: It's always encouraging when the page title can't even avoid the word "cheat." I have my limits. There's the mildly-controversial stuff, like Artasan's White Death and the Last Known Position marking, but seeing barrel azimuth on every spotted tank is going beyond that fuzzy line of "things that you'd ordinarily be able to do clientside," IMO.
Old 2014-03-06, 12:08   Link #12015
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wild Goose: Some replays on the T49, as reference to just how effective these things are in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

Live Oaks.

Murovanka.

Sevgorosk.
Old 2014-03-06, 12:55   Link #12016
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Some T49 runs from me too.

Steppes

Halluf

Widepark

I've found its very effective if played in an aggressive peak'a'boo manner, by taking advantage of its small size, aiming speed and gun depression.

Very rarely would I sit back in a purely support/sniper role, unless MM stuck me in a tier VI-VII game.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:15   Link #12017
Gravitas Free Zone

All Shermans this weekend.

In a clan?
Old 2014-03-06, 14:47   Link #12018
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Interesting missions, however I sense a weekend full of "moronniness" of people trying to get a Radley-Walters.

Also the second set of missions (the clan based ones) look very motivating to get in a clan.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 16:15   Link #12019
Blaat

I got the rarest of the rarest medals today in my Panther, yes it is my first and most likely only Kolobanov.

Sadly through the boring capping method rather than killing the last five enemies.
Old 2014-03-06, 18:58   Link #12020
Gravitas Free Zone

Didn't someone here get the Rasenai Heroes Medal?

I got my first Kolobanov's defending Malinovka Assault in a Tiger and the timer ran out.

The second was this little adventure.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks