AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-24, 17:51   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character Discussion - Zero

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Zero related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Vampire Knight fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-04-24, 22:14   Link #2
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't know why, but i get the notion that he's this series' Suzaku. tainted, but still trying to do the "right" thing.
Old 2008-04-24, 22:41   Link #3
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i don't know why, but i get the notion that he's this series' Suzaku. tainted, but still trying to do the "right" thing.
And that's where the problem lies. He needs to at least try to do something for himself and/or for others.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-24, 23:38   Link #4
myopius

I don't really understand what spoilers are supposed to be off-limits in this thread, so I'll just assume that manga and unsubbed raws are what's being referred to.

Well, I really like Zero. He's a really good guy who clearly cares about others. Basically a tsundere.

Tainted? Well, Yuuki mentioned in episode 2 that he has "hatred"... but is it really hatred? We can see he's clearly biased against vampires, but he's never given in to his anger and abandoned his responsibility toward the people around him, although he may have been tempted to do so several times by the stress he seems to be dealing with. He's a prefect so that he can protect the day class, since he's sure that the night class will one day reveal its true nature and attack. Even though he hates vampires, he was clearly looking out for Yuuki's feelings when he threw the chocolates to Kaname.

PreSage, what can he do? I haven't watched episode three yet so I don't know what's happened that he's supposed to do. Last I checked he was stressing out over blood. Do you think he should be trying to solve the problem that's stressing him out?

Edit: Added the extra U to YUUKI.

Last edited by myopius; 2008-04-25 at 00:03.
Old 2008-04-25, 05:48   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

His Character Look Very Cool....I Hope His Character Don't Go Like Suzaku From Code Geass...>.<
Old 2008-04-25, 08:09   Link #6
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
PreSage, what can he do? I haven't watched episode three yet so I don't know what's happened that he's supposed to do. Last I checked he was stressing out over blood. Do you think he should be trying to solve the problem that's stressing him out?
Oh, I know more about the story than what the anime showed so far. That's all I can say. But I have to admit that after some deliberation,
Spoiler for slight manga spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
His Character Look Very Cool....I Hope His Character Don't Go Like Suzaku From Code Geass...>.<
Oh dear...I second that. Please do not go the erroneous way of Suzaku.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-25, 09:07   Link #7
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
He's already emo enough Honestly its a good comparision course Zero isnt out to change anything, he just wants to kill all vampires but again its a good comparision.

@Sage:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-25, 10:20   Link #8
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Zero . . . loved him when I first saw him xD *loves gorgeous white/gray/silver haired bishies with pistols* xD And his personality, even emo and angsty, he's adorable xD He's also very kind-hearted xD Oh you tsunderes xD
Old 2008-04-25, 13:36   Link #9
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Am I the only one that thinks he reasembles Dante from "Devil May Cry" ALOT ?

Whenever i watch Vampire Knight, I always keep thinking of Devil May Cry. First of all they look alot like eachother imo, then they have somewhat of a lookalike personality.
Old 2008-04-25, 14:24   Link #10
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
Am I the only one that thinks he reasembles Dante from "Devil May Cry" ALOT ?

Whenever i watch Vampire Knight, I always keep thinking of Devil May Cry. First of all they look alot like eachother imo, then they have somewhat of a lookalike personality.
Whoo! That's a better comparison!!!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-25, 16:16   Link #11
nanafan
horo fan

haven't seen devil may cry. i like zero, i just think that he shows his feelings differently than yuuki does. i am rooting for him.
Old 2008-04-25, 23:05   Link #12
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Well I Didn't See Devil May Cry Too....And Still Cool Guy Who Protect Yuuki From His Heart I Hope He Don't Turn Bad Vampire.. I Like Him..But I'm Kaname-Senpai Fan Girl ...^.^
Old 2008-04-26, 00:07   Link #13
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

If the mangaka makes Zero fall from grace, I will cry. Seriously, I think the poor guy suffers enough.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-26, 10:10   Link #14
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Not to mention his Bloody Rose is awesome.
Old 2008-04-26, 11:31   Link #15
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Zero is my faovorite simply because he owns a silver .50 desert eagle kinda gun ^^
Old 2008-04-26, 12:10   Link #16
Kai Yukari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
If the mangaka makes Zero fall from grace, I will cry. Seriously, I think the poor guy suffers enough.
T______T Me thinks the same too. But if he finally finds that resolve, he'll be awesome in the coming chapters.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No he's not Suzaku. No way!!! I don't even like Suzaku to begin with >.< Suzaku had decided long ago what he should do and how to go about it (by going to the enemy) and he doesn't emo, he just pawns like Super Kira. Zero hasn't decided yet what he should do and emo a lot, LOL. He hasn't connived with the enemy either. I don't think he is a hypocrite too (I can see Suzaku fans shooting me down *hides behind Zero* )

Last edited by Kai Yukari; 2008-04-26 at 12:22.
Old 2008-04-26, 12:26   Link #17
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Spoiler for burp~:

OT:
i'm a suzaku fan and yeah, i admit that his an idiot

Last edited by kaerstan01; 2008-04-26 at 12:44.
Old 2008-04-26, 12:35   Link #18
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Yukari View Post
No he's not Suzaku. No way!!! I don't even like Suzaku to begin with >.< Suzaku had decided long ago what he should do and how to go about it (by going to the enemy) and he doesn't emo, he just pawns like Super Kira. Zero hasn't decided yet what he should do and emo a lot, LOL. He hasn't connived with the enemy either. I don't think he is a hypocrite too (I can see Suzaku fans shooting me down *hides behind Zero* )
Well I Said I HOPE ....B/c I Liked Suzaku In The First Ep's Of The Anime...Then He Turn To Most Hated Character At The End Of First Season...That Why I Don't Want The Mangaka Makes The Same Mistake And Make People Hate Him
Old 2008-04-26, 12:45   Link #19
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol I actually like Suzaku more now than I did at the start, especially once he stopped doing his best impersonation of Kira Yamato. I don't think you have to worry about Zero doing a Suzaku though..
Old 2008-04-26, 18:53   Link #20
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

There are some similarities with Suzaku yeah, but Zero is way cooler
Closed Thread