AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-15, 21:56   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Manga] Spoilers & Speculation for experienced Naruto Anime-fans!

This thread is for the experienced Naruto viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Naruto anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a manga virgin of Naruto, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the [Anime-Only] Speculation & Theories thread instead).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.
Spoiler tag examples:

[spoiler=your subject title] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes

Spoiler for monir's take on the manga readers:
Finally, please remain on-topic and do not post in this thread if it's just to discuss about the current or previous anime episodes or manga chapters.

Have fun and post intelligently!

The above idea is stolen from Ojisan! Feel free to shower him with cookies.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 22:03   Link #2
ellifeedn
Thinker

Low chance possibilities

I don't know if there is already a thread that deals with theories, but if there is one, could you put this there?

Anyway, I have thought up two different ideas that could happen, but they are doubtful.

One, Orochimaru has a cursed seal himself, which would be considered the original cursed seal. This seal is special because it is the source of all the cursed seals as every cursed seal he gives people are just a copy of a fraction of the full power of this seal and it is inside him so that it cannot be affected by outside influences. My imagination has gone further to say that he got it from that 8-tailed snake demon, but that's all I'll put in the post.

Two, Orochimaru, in a desprate situation, will have his mind and soul sealed in the body of a baby like a tailed-demon, but not confined like them. By doing this, Orochimaru can control the body at will and use it however he wants to whenever he wants to and for however long he decides to stay in it. Of course, this is improbable and may be too dark for this series, but who knows.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 23:55   Link #3
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Here are some new ARC predictions:
  • The next arc will elaborate on Orochimaru's relationship with Akatsuki
  • Deidara and Tobi will be the next Akatsuki to fight. (Deidara will seek vengance on Kakashi).
  • Naruto and Sasuke will cross paths again due to both parties getting involved with Akatsuki affairs.
  • We will learn a bit more about what Kyuubi meant by the Uchiha bloodline being cursed and who Uchiha Madara is.
  • Itachi will hint at having an ulterior agenda to that of the leader
  • Kabuto will once again show signs of betrayl but again prove his loyalty (for now).
  • Sasuke will show more Uchiha powers that keep Naruto inspired to keep up
  • We will see Team Gai play a stronger role as Team Asuma did at the end of this arc.
  • Gai-sensei will act like GAI-SENSEI!
Old 2007-02-16, 04:05   Link #4
Tomislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
One, Orochimaru has a cursed seal himself, which would be considered the original cursed seal. This seal is special because it is the source of all the cursed seals as every cursed seal he gives people are just a copy of a fraction of the full power of this seal and it is inside him so that it cannot be affected by outside influences. My imagination has gone further to say that he got it from that 8-tailed snake demon, but that's all I'll put in the post.

Two, Orochimaru, in a desprate situation, will have his mind and soul sealed in the body of a baby like a tailed-demon, but not confined like them. By doing this, Orochimaru can control the body at will and use it however he wants to whenever he wants to and for however long he decides to stay in it. Of course, this is improbable and may be too dark for this series, but who knows.
About the first one, if things are so, then if one receives the seal should be able to give the seal to another person, but it is not the case, since only Oro is giving the seal around. So my opinion is that this curse seal no jutsu is just one of the forbidden techniques Oro studied. Moreover, the seal works like a preselective tool for the bodies Oro uses to keep himself in good shape: if you can stand the seal, than you might be a suitable candidate for Oro's soul (admitting he has one ). Besides, don't forget that Oro can practice several kinds of cursed seal.

About the second one, Oro should be able to put himself in the body of a kid, but why? The body of a kid can't probably stand the techniques he practices... In fact, he uses to wait until a certain point, and then take possession of the body.

Now, my turn.

I read here and there that Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru.

Now I didn't find any evidence of this: I only found a line where Orochimaru says like "Oh, i thought I would use Itachi's body and move my soul in it, but eventually he became too strong for this".

What I understood is that Itachi became too strong to be used as a host for Oro's soul, but this does not necessarily mean that Itachi is on the whole stronger than Orochimaru, with evidence that Oro can't practice on him the forbidden tecnique anymore. Is this correct, or am I missing something?
Old 2007-02-16, 11:30   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

As I read Sai has already been introduced in the part where he is aiding Team 7 against Sasuke, remember that his character evolved from been a mysterious character with a secret agenda.

Showing him know Adding Team 7, will only take away a little suspense IMO.
Old 2007-02-16, 14:59   Link #6
vhx

Spoiler for Uchiha Madara:

I am disappointed there hasn't been more time focusing on the other powerful teams like Lee, Neji, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, and others which hopefully changes soon. Seemed like Choji and Ino even got jipped on their 'battle time.'
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:08   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
As I read Sai has already been introduced in the part where he is aiding Team 7 against Sasuke, remember that his character evolved from been a mysterious character with a secret agenda.

Showing him know Adding Team 7, will only take away a little suspense IMO.
Not really the anime didn't show anything about Team 7's state of mind about him.
Scene like Sakura almost agressing him or Sai catching Sasuke's wrist weren't showed.

vhx we don't know anything about Madara.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:12   Link #8
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Not really the anime didn't show anything about Team 7's state of mind about him.
Scene like Sakura almost agressing him or Sai catching Sasuke's wrist weren't showed.

So we can say that he just was shown and thats all...O..I need to get my hands on that Episode.
Old 2007-02-16, 15:45   Link #9
vhx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
vhx we don't know anything about Madara.
IIRC We know that there was someone before Itachi that achieved Mangekyo. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if it was long ago and the Kyubi knows of him, it was Madara. I mean, how many important Uchiha's could there be if 'all' are dead?
Old 2007-02-16, 16:14   Link #10
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

I want to see The AL put his money where his mouth is and send someone to kill Orochimaru. Maybe since Deidra is still around, the AL will send him and we'll see Sasuke's ability against Akatsuki.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:48   Link #11
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I don't think the Akatsuki leader is Uchiha Madara, or even an Uchiha period, because when Kisame and Itachi encountered Sasuke in the hall way Kisame was surprised to see another Uchiha as he had heard that the Uchiha were massacred and that Itachi was the one who killed them.

Since the Akatsuki know each other fairly well he would not have said that if he knew atleast one more to be living.

I think Madara is a legendary Uchiha who has some sort of connection to Kyuubi which in turn has a connection to the "real purpose" that Sharingan serves, which was revealed to Sasuke when he went to the secret Uchiha meeting place Itachi told him about.

I'm interested in knowing how the Uchiha bloodline became cursed and what it has to do with Kyuubi.
Old 2007-02-16, 17:02   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhx View Post
IIRC We know that there was someone before Itachi that achieved Mangekyo. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if it was long ago and the Kyubi knows of him, it was Madara. I mean, how many important Uchiha's could there be if 'all' are dead?
We know that a few Uchiha in the past managed to obtain the MS, not just one.
Old 2007-02-16, 17:12   Link #13
gibits
Endless

Uchiha Madara is........
Spoiler:

I think now would be a good time to start a Sasuke arc, his time is almost up to be Oro's new "container". Naruto got his chance to shine now its Sasuke's turn.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 17:17   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

A little arc with Oro, Kabuto and Sasuke as main protagonist while Naruto finishes his training would be great but we didn't see much of Naruto during the arc.
It would be weird to let the main character out of the spots so long.
Old 2007-02-16, 18:07   Link #15
vhx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Uchiha Madara is........
Spoiler:
Haha that would definately be interesting.
Old 2007-02-16, 18:24   Link #16
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I still dont understand Orochimaru's mission...i dont understand the logic behind it. Can someone explain this?

Spoiler for Manga Questions:

Spoiler for my predictions:
Old 2007-02-16, 18:43   Link #17
gibits
Endless

My pet theory as to why Oro is training Sasuke is:
1) to keep him around. Oro needs time to do his body snatch jutsu, till then he has to keep Sasuke happy

2)to make Sasuke use the CS more and increase his hold on Sasuke. It was said that the more u use it the less free-will u have.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 02:25   Link #18
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

They have incoperated this shonen spread nicely into ep1/2 chptr 332 ( Naruto Comaprision ). Any idea what was the contest regarding ?
Old 2007-02-17, 03:22   Link #19
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Uchiha Madara is........
Spoiler:

I think now would be a good time to start a Sasuke arc, his time is almost up to be Oro's new "container". Naruto got his chance to shine now its Sasuke's turn.
I really doubt it. How could an orphan child, recruited into "ROOT" encounter Kyuubi when he has been inside of Naruto since birth?

Naruto and Sai are the same age.

I think Sai is just a tag along character to make Team Kakashi a complete unit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I still dont understand Orochimaru's mission...i dont understand the logic behind it. Can someone explain this?

Some good questions...
Quote:
- Is he making Sasuke's body stronger to obtain it once he is satisfied?
(This seems logical)
I doubt it. I think Oro transfers his essence into his bodies and they inherit his mind, soul and strength.

Oro stated at one point that he wanted to "dye Sasuke his color" as in he wanted to turn him to the darkside...err influence him to be an evil ninja like Oro himself.

Quote:
- Is he trying to make Sasuke himself stronger to defeat Itachi and then taking over a stronger person then himself? A sort of agreement?
(This would be weird) [Sasuke is still a softy...said Oro..]
If Oro could train Sasuke to be stronger than himself I don't think Sasuke would have any need for him, he might as well try his hand at Itachi with his own power.

He could him a softy because he did not kill the ninja that he defeated (there is still good in him... ).

Quote:
- Even if he takes Sasuke's body....isnt his body gonna reject him after 2-3 years??
(This has happened every time so far...)
I think the situation with Oro's bodies is that he must wait 3 years before he can enter another. He wanted Sasuke's body ASAP when Sandaime's curse on his arms was killing him.

He had to take another body because he had no choice (notice that this body was the strongest of his prisoners so perhaps they must be strong enough to atleast handle Oro's essence).

That body's rejection of him may just be coincidence.

Also Oro knows how to splice genes like he did with Yamato giving him Shodaime's powers. Kabuto said that once Oro discards a body he uses a jutsu to preserve it so he may just splice the Uchiha genes into the next body that he comes across to maintain its abilties.

Quote:
- Isnt it possible to revive other Uchiha's (he claimed he could revive Tsunade's loved ones and revived the 1st & 2nd Hokage) and take their body??
(Still dont know why he hasnt done this yet....he has kidnapped so many people and taken over other bodies..)
Yes, I'm pretty sure he could go to the grave site and revive the Uchiha clan using his captives as sacrifices.

But they would be mere shells of the former person. Sasuke would have no use for them other than to talk to past loved ones, the way Tsunade wanted to, but it would probably be too painful for him, they would just be undead incarnations of his family not true living beings.

I don't think Oro could possess them, I'm pretty sure he needs a real body not animated clay.

I'm hoping that the next arc puts more emphasis on the villains and that we get to see what Akatsuki does about the death of 2 more comrades (that jeapordizes their chakra gathering that they do so they must be pissed).

The next chapter is supposed to be about Oro's objectives so hopefully we learn what his next move is and what that means for Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
My pet theory as to why Oro is training Sasuke is:
1) to keep him around. Oro needs time to do his body snatch jutsu, till then he has to keep Sasuke happy
Yeah, I think so too. It also might be wise to keep someone strong around incase they are ambushed.

Oro promised Sasuke power and that is what he is giving him even if envitably he will play the role of container as he is still not strong enough to take on Itachi.

Quote:
2)to make Sasuke use the CS more and increase his hold on Sasuke. It was said that the more u use it the less free-will u have.
It appears as though Oro dispelled Kakashi's "evil supressor" seal so he may want that too. But Sasuke is aware of this and may be avoiding relying on it.

He has been with him for 3 years and yet is still pretty defiant.
Old 2007-02-17, 07:02   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quite nice so far.
Giving a lil' glimpse of that moment right from the start was ginious.
It was also filler since we're going to see it all again.

I'm betting they saved Kakashi Gaiden for later so they can use this trick again. hehe~ I like that kind of filler. It would be intresting if they used the trick in every ep. Would save a lot of non-sense filler time, hell it could make it possible to skip non-sense filler all togheter.. Gosh the fillers just ended and here I am saing I want more

Note: I luv that they went for saint-sound-tracks. Really cool >.<
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Jay
> "I'm hoping that the next arc puts more emphasis on the villains and that we get to see what Akatsuki does about the death of 2 more comrades (that jeapordizes their chakra gathering that they do so they must be pissed)."
We haven't seen Kazuku die yet, and thoretcly his companion isn't capable of death.. dakara~
Spoiler for Theory:
@ gibits
> "1) to keep him around. Oro needs time to do his body snatch jutsu, till then he has to keep Sasuke happy"
> "2)to make Sasuke use the CS more and increase his hold on Sasuke. It was said that the more u use it the less free-will u have."
Having an extra capable hand around isn't all that bad also.. yes it's obvious that he needs to keep Sasuke around but he also needs to get rid of Akatsuki, before they get rid of him. Why?! No solid idea..
Maybe S-class people carry a lot of grudges around.

In any case, my point: Oro + Sasuke > Oro-Sasuke
It's all in the math..

Post Scriptum

My memory fails me, when and where
was part II of 2) said?! The less free
will stuff you mentioned..