AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 13:29   Link #341
1upspud

@Random Wanderer
You are right about that I got caught up in an idea, but I still think Yuuko's sister is very much intertwined with Yuuko's death because she can't see Yuuko's light side spirit. Either that or she doesn't want to see it because she can't forgive the people who sent Yuuko to her death.
1upspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:50   Link #342
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If I recall correctly, Shadow Yuuko looks perfectly normal when she reconciled with regular Yuuko in chapter 23.
That was also a scene that was published using unfinished art. We'd have to see how it looks in the tankobon releases before I'd trust that she didn't actually look like a monster there.

Quote:
You are right about that I got caught up in an idea, but I still think Yuuko's sister is very much intertwined with Yuuko's death because she can't see Yuuko's light side spirit.
Oh, I don't disagree that it's likely. She must know something that makes her expect to see a spirit of rage and pain and vengeance and not see a friendly, happy, loveable girl.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:16   Link #343
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That was also a scene that was published using unfinished art. We'd have to see how it looks in the tankobon releases before I'd trust that she didn't actually look like a monster there.
Here's the page of the tank in volume 4 when Yuuko and her shadow counterpart temporarily reconciled with each other. It seems that Shadow Yuuko for that short scene didn't appear like the black monstrosity she normally is.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:01   Link #344
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And also, in a panel where the grandmother reveals that she can see Shadow Yuuko to Kirie and also her plan to tear down the old school building, you can see where it shows Shadow Yuuko with a normal visage instead of her nightmare slasher smile. It's the lower half of her face but she looks normal. If one were to guess what her expression was, it could be a pained one.

As for why the grandmother can only see Shadow Yuuko, the grandmother must know the circumstances surrounding the death and apparently, it's so bad that she is positive that no one, especially her sister, would ever 'rest in peace' after such a horrific incident - regardless of whether or not she was invovled.
Old 2012-04-27, 20:46   Link #345
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And also, in a panel where the grandmother reveals that she can see Shadow Yuuko to Kirie and also her plan to tear down the old school building, you can see where it shows Shadow Yuuko with a normal visage instead of her nightmare slasher smile. It's the lower half of her face but she looks normal. If one were to guess what her expression was, it could be a pained one.
Er... I don't think so. Shadow Yuuko looked pretty much her psycho image in that scene.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/86178/t...31_by_maigo/38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
As for why the grandmother can only see Shadow Yuuko, the grandmother must know the circumstances surrounding the death and apparently, it's so bad that she is positive that no one, especially her sister, would ever 'rest in peace' after such a horrific incident - regardless of whether or not she was invovled.
I can agree with you on that point. But personally I'm skeptical about Yuuko's sister. Whether or not she had involvement she's keeping too much info. I also don't see the point of demolishing the old school building unless she wants cover any evidence. Getting rid of Yuuko's corpse and the shrine doesn't assure that her soul will finally rest. And won't that anger the god/spirit of the land which was appeased if the shrine is destroyed?
Old 2012-04-27, 20:51   Link #346
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Er... I don't think so. Shadow Yuuko looked pretty much her psycho image in that scene.

I think he is referring to chapter 32 page 5 at the bottom where she does not have the toothsome smile
Old 2012-04-27, 21:06   Link #347
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I think he is referring to chapter 32 page 5 at the bottom where she does not have the toothsome smile
Oh that. Thanks for pointing that out. IMO in that panel I think Kirie tried to overlap her current image of Yuuko to her shadow version. A similar image appeared at the end of volume 4 ch 18. Shadow Yuuko is still predominantly the embodiment of her negative emotions and memories.
Old 2012-04-27, 21:40   Link #348
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yeah, I was actually referring to that particular panel, GrimJack, thanks.

Shadow Yuuko has no choice but to be the imbodiment of the negative aspects and memories of Yuuko. But it's still Yuuko in there and she doesn't want to be like that. Why should the other one have all the 'fun' or at least an existance without the burden of the very memories that reveal why she died?

Even despite all of that, we haven't seen Shadow Yuuko act in a malicious manner at all, which is surprising. I mean, all she's done is freak the HELL out of people but we haven't seen her do anything really to anyone. Maybe she did in the days and years after her demise but I think that Shadow Yuuko is tired of existing that way.
Old 2012-04-27, 22:22   Link #349
Shadow5YA

There is also the end of chapter 18 where Shadow Yuuko doesn't look malicious either, but I'll need to see the tankoubon scans since those last pages were only rough sketches.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:53   Link #350
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There is also the end of chapter 18 where Shadow Yuuko doesn't look malicious either, but I'll need to see the tankoubon scans since those last pages were only rough sketches.
Let's see...

Spoiler:

Well, to be honest, considering that Shadow looks much more.... erm, "ethereal" than Yuuko, maybe she simply looks different depending on what she feels? Or what Yuuko is feeling? Or doesn't want to feel? She is her repressed feelings after all, so maybe rules aren't the same?

To be honest Maybe do loves drawing her in different styles whenever she pop ups, in some frames she even looks like a ghost cloud or something; So I really don't take her appearance changes as something that's going to have a way too serious effect in the story.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:15   Link #351
Tom Bombadil

chapter 33! Color page! Color page! Color page! I am like a little kid who just got candy.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 11:50   Link #352
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
chapter 33! Color page! Color page! Color page! I am like a little kid who just got candy.
Where? I take it that's the raw since I didn't see any new chapter release from Maigo scans.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:03   Link #353
kasimmorathi

Love the art, love the characters, love the story and if it has a tragic ending like I'm expecting I'm going to sniffle.

C'mon Techii, don't let a little thing like death stop you from Yuuko!
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 12:13   Link #354
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Where? I take it that's the raw since I didn't see any new chapter release from Maigo scans.
33 is the chapter that was released a while ago (where the color pages are Yuuko's negligee )

BTW, I eyed the chinese version of 34 and looks seriously good, however it's still not the end of the current arc.
Old 2012-05-11, 15:42   Link #355
GrimJack

I just took a look and it does look good

Spoiler for Kirie's...:

for the sake of continuity the last chapter was renamed 32.5 by Maigo and the chapter they are working on now is chapter 33. Maybe loves his side chapters out of the current story line
Old 2012-05-11, 20:36   Link #356
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for 33:
Old 2012-05-11, 22:22   Link #357
bumbayker

Quote:
I just took a look and it does look good

Spoiler for Kirie's...:
Spoiler for ch 33:
Old 2012-05-11, 22:24   Link #358
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

We've still got plenty of steam left. And with the fantastic anime that's airing, I don't see any reason to end it.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:39   Link #359
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
We've still got plenty of steam left. And with the fantastic anime that's airing, I don't see any reason to end it.
I agree, we still have more mysteries waiting, this (33) may be just a bit more of the puzzle revealed.

I found a chapter that I think was released in last months issue of GanGan, it is just another side story but I hope it gets translated
Old 2012-05-11, 23:27   Link #360
bumbayker

Quote:
I agree, we still have more mysteries waiting, this (33) may be just a bit more of the puzzle revealed.

I found a chapter that I think was released in last months issue of GanGan, it is just another side story but I hope it gets translated
I do hope so. I just can't get enough of Yuuko and her playful gestures.

Maybe this story arc will conclude a major plot line of the manga and resolve another mystery surrounding Yuuko.

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural