081 - 090: Great... 11 25.58%
071 - 080: Very Good... 7 16.28%
061 - 070: Good... 6 13.95%
051 - 060: Average... 0 0%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 2.33%
000 - 010: NTR stories have more redeemable qualities than this episode... 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-13, 09:58   Link #21
yakumo-chan

hanzo's teleportation technique is very interesting.....

do you think he is alive?

I do so.....
Old 2010-08-13, 12:02   Link #22
james0246

^Hanzou is dead...Pain made sure of that.

Well now we know all of Nagato's birthing pains - his parents, his dog, and finally Yahiko. All of these hardships combined to form the Pain we all know and love...sadly that love doesn't extend to Nagato and his cliche sob story. Oh well, the flashback is ending, and now all that's left is Nagato pwnage. Come on Naruto, shove Nagato's sob story where the sun don't shine...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 17:14   Link #23
Bombo
TSF Fans

I don't have anything to complain about it...this episode is very nice with 10.
So sad for his past...and I like his summon ...
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 00:42   Link #24
Alchemist007
*Author

Shunshin this Shunshin that. Need some of that Hiraishin action to impress me, Hanzo. But the episode overall was pretty flawless.
Old 2010-08-15, 08:23   Link #25
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Hanzou is dead...Pain made sure of that.
Also make note that Pain killed his wife, children, close relatives and anyone related to them so as to set an example. I think he also burned their houses, Amegakure goon #1 said that during Jiraya's tickling punishment from hell (infiltration mission).
Onwards to this episode, it was very nice, Yahiko and Nagato were thinking the same thing...Konan should have attempted suicide to complement the trio, but Yahiko running into his death was pretty awesome. Hanzou didn't strike me as that much of a badass ninja, all he got is a good summon and katon, the grown up sannin would definitely own him in a rematch
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:38   Link #26
Alchemist007
*Author

I was just thinking that there were a dozen ways Yahiko could've faked his death (to everyone) at that time. They should all have known at that point Hanzou wouldn't simply let Konan go no matter what they did aside from getting Nagato angry.
Old 2010-08-15, 13:08   Link #27
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I was just thinking that there were a dozen ways Yahiko could've faked his death (to everyone) at that time. They should all have known at that point Hanzou wouldn't simply let Konan go no matter what they did aside from getting Nagato angry.
I think it was known in the world how insanely powerfull and skilled Hanzo was. There would most certainly no way to fake it when he is clearly watching.

Although it really looks like he died in vain. Besides...Hanzo didn't die there. The flashbacks and scenes from Jiraiya after he was told that Hanzo died pretty much confirmed that. Things such as 24-hours protection... his Shunshin to escape.
But Pain did slaughter everyone....i guess that's the best way to save the world....
Old 2010-08-15, 14:47   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

Hanzou doesn't seem to have ocular abilities. It could've even been as simple as stabbing in a non-vital spot and falling with his back turned. I mean I guess this is just Kishi's plot no jutsu but it could've been more convincing. Such as Hanzou killing Yahiko in a battle since he was supposedly so strong.
Old 2010-08-15, 16:20   Link #29
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
But Pain did slaughter everyone....i guess that's the best way to save the world....
In Nagato's defence, he was just a kid when he shaped the ideals he so zealously holds onto, and it's better than..." if I kill everyone, then there will be nobody left to wage war, so there will be peace!" module that I have met elsewhere
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 18:16   Link #30
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The three of them were still essentially kids back then, and very naive kids at that too; Yahiko held onto a conviction so strong, I don't think he would have been able to rationale around the thought of escaping or opposing Hanzo, instead just taking up the martyr position and handing the flame down to Nagato...In either case, Hanzo was too cleaver and strong of an enemy to probably let Yahiko get away with faking death, much less escape or oppose...It wasn't until after the fact when berserker Nagato summoned Gedoo Mazou to rape everyone's souls did Hanzo wave the flag by fleeing the battle; Up until that point, Hanzo had the situation in his hands with hardly a chance of Konan, Nagato, and Yahiko all getting out alive...The only thing that would've kept the advantage away from Hanzo was if Nagato was able to realize and control his Rinnegan powers before shit hit the fan, and that probably would have been nothing short of a miracle to happen...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 22:30   Link #31
Im_A_MoP

idk if any1 else noticed it but doesn't that gedo mazo statue remind u of anima from ffx?
Spoiler for image:

Spoiler for anima:

except with totally different powers lol
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 01:30   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that's it for Nagato's tragic history. Certainly puts him in with a large group of character's who have had crappy pasts. Sucks for Yahiko since he was a good guy. Of course not much of a chance for them getting out of there alive. Pretty good job by Nagato to at least take down that large group and save Konan.

But yeah Naruto better go and kill him next episode. Sure he has a bad past, but after killing Jiraiya and Kakashi I really don't care. He should go lament his position of not being the main character and accept his fate.
Old 2010-08-18, 06:34   Link #33
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well that's it for Nagato's tragic history. Certainly puts him in with a large group of character's who have had crappy pasts. Sucks for Yahiko since he was a good guy. Of course not much of a chance for them getting out of there alive. Pretty good job by Nagato to at least take down that large group and save Konan.

But yeah Naruto better go and kill him next episode. Sure he has a bad past, but after killing Jiraiya and Kakashi I really don't care. He should go lament his position of not being the main character and accept his fate.
What about the other 100.000 villagers and ninja's he vaporized with his Shinra Tensei?
Old 2010-08-18, 06:52   Link #34
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

And you, my friend, have just completely missed the point of Pain.

Congradulations.

Tags
weekly episode discussion