AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-08, 15:04   Link #341
Saracen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
I also made a reference to v8s having a larger powerband. Obviously, I was refering to 4 cylinders since thats typically the type of n/a engine we are talking about when refering to Initial D. Matterfact, I think that Altezza Takumi races is the first n/a 6 in the entire series. I believe its a 2jzge. Maybe I'm wrong. Haven't gotten to that part in the manga.

The 2JZ-GE is a 3 liter Inline-6 found in the non-turbo Toyota Supra, and the U.S - only version of the Altezza, aka the Lexus IS300.

The two flavors of Altezza's available are the AS200, which uses the 1G-FE (2 liter Inline-6 w/163 bhp), and the RS200, which uses the 3S-GE (2 liter Inline-4 w/variable valve timing generating 200bhp.)

The Gita (wagon version of the Altezza) , however, IS available with the 2JZ-GE.

Most likely the Altezza was an AS200.
Saracen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 15:19   Link #342
citizen

sorry i didnt see that as i just skimmed your post. turbo mr-s sounds nice though ^^
citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:07   Link #343
sup12a
noob member

is anyone still subbing initial d 4th stage cause episode 5 and 6 took a while to be subbed so i was wondering if 7 and 8 will take the same time to be subbed after it is released and whats going on with the movie when is it coming out.
sup12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:32   Link #344
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup12a
is anyone still subbing initial d 4th stage cause episode 5 and 6 took a while to be subbed so i was wondering if 7 and 8 will take the same time to be subbed after it is released and whats going on with the movie when is it coming out.
None of the groups have quit subbing it, and they're all working on it; what movie?
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:48   Link #345
sup12a
noob member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
None of the groups have quit subbing it, and they're all working on it; what movie?
well i heard about a live action movie for initial d so i was wondering when it would come out
sup12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:53   Link #346
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup12a
well i heard about a live action movie for initial d so i was wondering when it would come out
Oooooh, that, yea, I'm hoping that will come out soon with the crazy HK stunts .
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 21:15   Link #347
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

A turbo MR-S is awesome until it stops working Sometimes I wish I went with a 2zzge swap, but the torque is addictive.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 23:14   Link #348
guest18
my mother !!!

dont get the eps from wird

I download and install their codec after uninstalling my kazaa lite codec
still cannot work

install latest mega kazaa lite codec
cannot work also ...

media player classic cant seek ,zoom and bsplayer cant recognise the files

>.<
guest18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 23:35   Link #349
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest18
dont get the eps from wird

I download and install their codec after uninstalling my kazaa lite codec
still cannot work

install latest mega kazaa lite codec
cannot work also ...

media player classic cant seek ,zoom and bsplayer cant recognise the files

>.<
they worked fine for me, maybe you should ask for help in the playback forum.
Old 2004-11-13, 05:54   Link #350
Escada
Takumi's brother

Cool

Download a player called VLC. Its zipped into a 8.8mb file Plays all my initial d episodes
Escada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 13:25   Link #351
SolidMGSnake

Send a message via AIM to SolidMGSnake Send a message via MSN to SolidMGSnake Send a message via Yahoo to SolidMGSnake
You can also download The Core Media player. It has a crap load of codecs already with it and plays just about anything.
Old 2004-11-20, 03:42   Link #352
Trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidMGSnake
You can also download The Core Media player. It has a crap load of codecs already with it and plays just about anything.
Core media player would play them for me, but couldnt seek. Media player clasic came to the rescue (as always) and could seek.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 07:49   Link #353
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

I just use the BSPlayer, with the Matroska-pack (.mkv) installed, which also includes ffdshow (Xvid etc) and AC3-filter (DVD-sourround, kinda). Works without problems for all files I've ever encountered.
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 00:56   Link #354
Seoulandhart

Talking

Hey, just found out that the fan sub for episode 8 is out....but where is episode 7 for stage 4? If anyone knows plz tell me, supposed to have something to do with his dad's new impreza!
Seoulandhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 05:21   Link #355
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

WIRD released ep 7 and 8 quite a while ago. Just search on google or whatever, cuz it isn't listed on AnimeSuki for some reason.
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 05:52   Link #356
DrewGSR

Hmmm, I guess ill be the nice guy and bust the link.
GFS - Initial D - 4th Stage Ep 7
The torrent link is the first post on the first page.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 10:07   Link #357
Marine-RX179

Just watched the Ep7 by Anime Heaven & Animax. While I appreciate they actually have detail explaination for the technical stuffs, I'm not quite happy with how they done the subs......about 1/4 of the sub the translation (if that's even what it is) are different from what the characters said. I might not know Japanese fully, but I know well enough to noticed when the meaning of the sub was different from what people are saying....

I do not mean to dis-credit Anime Heaven & Animax...I do appreciate them bring out Ep7 on Animesuki when no other group did.....but if even I can so easily noticed there are so many translations different from what's originally said, they really should consider having someone else do the translation instead (unless they deliberately changed what the character said as their 'style', but I don't think most audience would appreciate that....at least I'm not).

I really wish Live-evil would continue doing the subbing for this anime, because they did a good job and the translations were very accurate...
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:37   Link #358
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

yea after the 5-6 speed subs left a bad taste for me I'm reluctant to try any of these speed subs. But if LE is has stopped then I might as well get these instead. Are they that bad?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:41   Link #359
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yea after the 5-6 speed subs left a bad taste for me I'm reluctant to try any of these speed subs. But if LE is has stopped then I might as well get these instead. Are they that bad?
You did notice I said this right?
'about 1/4 of the sub the translation (if that's even what it is) are different from what the characters said'.....
Are they that bad you asked? That would be for you to decide...
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:53   Link #360
Bumpy

I agree... I think Live-Evil did a better job with the translations... Take the A-H's translation of what Iketani said on episode 7 (around time 19:10) after the *SPOILER* S15 passed him Iketani clearly did NOT say, "You're our last hope. Get them, 85." He actually said, "I can't keep up... no way... it's an 85."

I'm glad someone picked up Initial D, but I was hoping to be watching something with better translations so that I could read what I couldn't understand. And unfortunately neither A-H or that other group... (GFS_FS) did a good enough job in my opinion. After reviewing both episodes I have a feeling A-H took a lot of the translations FROM the GFS_FS episode.

Again, I don’t want to bash any groups, but I was expecting something better.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sports